PDA

View Full Version : What should i do...

Echoes
11-13-2004, 06:21 PM
I am buying Metriod Prime 2 on Monday. (Not saying its better than xbox or anything, just i like the first one and i think this will be good.)

after that, i will have 300 dollars left.

should i get an xbox with a 120 gb hard drive or a regular xbox with games?

i was told u can copy games onto the hd, and my friend already has halo 2 and stuff.

does this affect online or anything? help :confused:

LTM360
11-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Yeah, pirating games is not allowed to be discussed on these boards.

Get an Xbox, regular, pay for the games support the industry. If you get a modded Xbox, you are not allowed to use it on Xbox Live. They'll probably find you out, and give you a lifetime suspension from Xbox Live service. Since Halo 2's release they've tightened up about modded Xboxs, so don't do it. Just buy a regular one, and buy Xbox Live.

P.S. Have fun with Metroid Prime 2, I personally cait wait for it and Metal Gear Solid 3.

Reclaimer
11-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Well, welcome to XBA.
Yes, discussion of hardware modding, game copying, piracy and things of that nature are not allowed in the forums.
Buy an Xbox and Halo 2, and you'll be happy.

Microsoft does ban members that take modded Xboxs on Live, and since Halo 2, Microsoft has begun doing very aggressive sweeps of subscriber's Xboxes. They now employ several new scans and searches and protocols have been tightened to protect XBL.

So, I welcome you to XBA. Please don't bring up the modding stuff here. You can talk about case modding.. that's it.

XhigginsX
11-13-2004, 09:46 PM
just buy a normal Xbox..its got more than enough memory. also get XBL and Halo2,thats all you need for your Xbox at this time.. trust me

Echoes
11-14-2004, 07:47 AM
I didnt know that was illegal :huh: anyway, i might get an xbox today, hopefully i dont change my mind, cause i dont know what to do atm

Ghost
11-14-2004, 10:15 AM
I didnt know that was illegal :huh: anyway, i might get an xbox today, hopefully i dont change my mind, cause i dont know what to do atm
Belive me If you buy Halo 2 an Xbox and Xbox Live you will have about 1-2-3 years of fun, Halo 2 has that much replay value online and maybe Offline. But you should also buy other games when you have the money. Xbox is the ebst system trust me. And yes "modding" an xbox is illegal cuz you can "cheat" that way.

MajorTom
11-14-2004, 10:40 AM
you might think that you're getting some kind of deal if you download all games you want for free, but you'd be missing out on the biggest deal of all which is playing Halo 2 on Live