PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

Caspel
02-03-2002, 02:53 PM
This Forum is pretty dead. We need to bring this forum alive. Anyone really into Strategy games?

Bundy
02-04-2002, 06:48 AM
i def am, but have some reservations about a rts on a console. I hope somebody comes up with a great control system. I would love to see warcraft III ported over.

Alec
02-04-2002, 08:48 PM
Yeah It would be neat to have a RTS for X-Box, Im going to try and think of some controls for the X-Box controller for an RTS game.

I shall post again most likely tomorrow with some ideas, anyone else want to post their ideas?

Bundy
02-05-2002, 06:36 AM
well the hardest part seems to be selecting units, and assigning group numbers to units. I have yet to think of a way around this.

imnotacrook
02-07-2002, 04:04 PM
When comand and conquer hits x-box that will be beutiful, also warcraft III and diablo would be awsome too. And you knoww what would be really cool, All of the sims on 1 x-box disc, sweetness

Aussie addict
02-09-2002, 12:12 PM
What's the Problem? Command and Conquer played beautifully on the N64. I had no control hassles at all. I agree that numbering squads could be a problem, but I personally never used all four available spots provided by the yellow buttons on the N64 control pad, let alone needed more. Either way, the fact remains that games like Age of Kings, Command and Conquer, Stronghold and Warcraft are easy ports from the PC, fantastic games regardless of minor control hassles and in very short supply on the X-box so far. Pull your finger out Gates, some of us like a less superficial gaming experience

P.S. stick with it boys, it's nice to know there are others out there

Rancey
02-14-2002, 02:26 AM
In short I don't like RTS games on consoles, although I wouldn't mind turned based games (such as the Fallout, Civ and Heroes of M&M series).

Houzi
02-25-2002, 04:08 PM
I love strategy games... all strategy games but xbox is lagging in this department! Xbox NEEDS more strategy games, hardcore strategy games! they don't even have to be RTS games!!! let me know who i can talk to about this. xbox would make way more money by going more into this dept as well... microsoft should have all the connections to strategy game developers for the PC, they say its easy to convert to the xbox, so prove it and start making some CRAZY STRATEGY GAMES!!!!!!!!!

scavenger
03-07-2002, 10:16 AM
Why MS dont release a god **** Mouse and Keyboard for the box ? ...

If one day, i can play warcraft3 on the box same way that i do on my Pc, i think ill become crazy. Xbox owns but an RTS without a mouse for selecting your units cant be good as pc rts. I dont want a keyboard and mouse for BROWSING SOME GOD **** HTML FILES! i want'em for PLAYING GAMES AS I DO ON MY PC!
What are the reasons why MS dont plan to release theses two items ? i need an answer..

For FPS game, the controller is good, not good as WADS and mouse but i have learned for Halo, ill learn for upcoming fps.

-------------------------------------------------------------

My english is horrible. Sorry.

BIG_BUTTER
03-16-2002, 09:09 PM
i think it would be awsome. Ican see it now Star Wars Galactic BattleGrounds , age of empires, maybe some tycoons, and maybe some Sim games.

oh yeah

XBOX ROX!:cool:

Houzi
03-17-2002, 10:50 AM
i love strategy games and because the xbox doesn't have any, i'm NOT loving it... i only have one game, Halo, and that's because the person who got the box for me bought that game as well. i've been holding off on games because there's NOTHING OUT THAT I WANT!!!!!

i agree with that person who said that bill gates should get on the ball and his fingers out of his ass... (don't remember the quote exactly :rolleyes: )

Houzi

coolerf150
03-27-2002, 08:40 PM
I thought it was hard!

X-Factor
03-31-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Caspel-XBA
This Forum is pretty dead. We need to bring this forum alive. Anyone really into Strategy games? Caspel, I’d be more concerned with the “Sim Games” forum... that forum is deader than Vanilla Ice.

Iveseenyoubefor
04-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Why MS dont release a god **** Mouse and Keyboard for the box ? ...

I couldn't agree anymore. Being able to play SC and WC on the XBOX with a mouse and keyboard would make me want to cry. Especially with the online capabilities of the XBOX. Add in the XBOX Voice Communicator and this combination could make the XBOX BETTER than the PC. Plus, you could play it on your TV while sitting in your Lazyboy!:eek:!:eek: !:eek: !:eek: !:eek: !:eek: !:eek: !:eek: !:eek: ! Anyone know who there is to talk to about getting some strategy games for XBOX? If you do you can email me at Iveseenyoubefore@aol.com so we can try to hook all this up.