PDA

View Full Version : desperate, having withdrawal

diggidydog
11-14-2004, 11:20 AM
My xbox won't turn on. It just flashes green and red around the open/close button. Any ideas? Anyone?

stoopkid124
11-14-2004, 11:35 AM
My xbox won't turn on. It just flashes green and red around the open/close button. Any ideas? Anyone?

You mean the disk tray won't open?

Jamo
11-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Ive seen the red and green flashing before. It only does that when the AV cable isnt plugged n. Is everything else in order.

MajorTom
11-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Actually, the greeen and orange flashing means that it is not connected. Sorry to say this, but the green and red means you're ****ed.
When I opened up my old crappy xbox to screw around with it, I disconnected the harddrive and I got red and green flashing lights.

Xorg
11-14-2004, 04:11 PM
It doesn't mean your ****ed sometimes, it gave it to me twice before and it said on the screen to call because there was something wrong with it, I turned it off, and it worked fine and it hasn't given me that problem since.

MajorTom
11-14-2004, 04:40 PM
That sounds like good advice.

PapaSKooT
11-14-2004, 10:06 PM
First, double check your AV connections. If your Xbox is not connected to your TV, it will flash like you described. If your cables are in order, it is still flashing, and you get no signal on your tv, check again. :D

If there is a message on your TV, let us know what it says.

Reclaimer
11-15-2004, 01:28 AM
Orange is a fixable error. Red is a critical error.
It should give you an error message on your TV screen that says in multiple languages "This Xbox needs repair" or something like that and it gives the 1-800-4my-Xbox. You'll have to call that number and they'll tell you what to do.
By any chance does it show an error code? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
If it does, let us know.

Xorg
11-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Orange is a fixable error. Red is a critical error.
It should give you an error message on your TV screen that says in multiple languages "This Xbox needs repair" or something like that and it gives the 1-800-4my-Xbox. You'll have to call that number and they'll tell you what to do.
By any chance does it show an error code? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
If it does, let us know.
Thats the message I got, lucky for me it was fixed by turning the thing off

Luigis_Angel930
11-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Mine has been giving me problems lately too. It will go really slow when I play True Crime and in certain parts (like when the goons come back :(). And it was flashing orange at me the other day but it's ok now. It said that the disk inside needed to be cleaned (the game disc) but we took it out and it was ok just some minor things so my xbox is being fussy.

Is anyone else having or has had problems with True Crime?

diggidydog
11-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Maybe it just wants to be a Christmas decoration deep down inside. That's where I'd like to look anyway. How do you get into these things?