PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in paradise

Chr0nik
11-14-2004, 05:02 PM
"Old Faithful" just gave out on me.

My original Xbox from launch gave out on me. Dirty disc errors on every game. I tried cleaning the lens and stuff, but to no avail.

I will be running out tomorrow to get a new Xbox system.

Any suggestions?

I have a 53 inch Panasonic HDTV. Right now I am using the S video connection for my hookup. Should I invest in the HD pack?

I am thinking about getting the Crystal edition, but am not sure if I want to fork out the money for the games it comes with.

Anyone know of any Canadian rebates or deals going on? I will definately be getting XBox live now, and Halo2 will be purchased.

stormin4
11-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Definitely invest in the HD pack. It allows you to connect component video which I would think is a necessity for HDTV and also optical audio which makes for some sweet dolby 5.1 sound.

MerimacHamwich
11-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Why would you not want to use your HDTV? Just use a regular TV if you aren't gonig to use the EDTV and HDTV features of your HDTV.

Anyway, the Crystal is Uber badass.

Reclaimer
11-15-2004, 01:32 AM
Yes my man, if you have the HDTV, then use it. Get the hi-def component kit. Like Stormin said, if you have surround sound that has the Tos-Link optical cables, you can use those too off the hi-def kit. I don't have a HDTV, but I use the kit anyway just for that alone.

Why not get the Crystal Xbox? Shed a few extra bills and get it. You'll be happy. If I lived up there in the great north, I'd get one.