PDA

View Full Version : Oddworld Stranger Renamed and Redated.

Snowblind
11-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Renamed and Redated (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/12/news_6113071.html)

Electronic Arts today announced a new name and release date for the latest title in the Oddworld franchise. Originally dubbed Oddworld Stranger, the game is now titled "Oddworld Stranger's Wrath" because it "better reflects the spirit of the game." The XBox release date for Stranger has also gone up from Spring '05 to January.

Spaztic
11-15-2004, 11:47 AM
I am sorry but making this game a 1st person shooter just basterdized this series and I could honestly no longer care about it. I want abe.

Sheeyt
11-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Screw, Oddworld why take something that people like and throw it down the toilet? No wonder MS dropped it.

CarGuy
11-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh boy another FPS! Set in Oddworld! WTF are these people thinking? I hope it flops and the stupid guy who made this game (the guy featured on the show on the Discovery channel) never gets a job in the game industry again.

Nurb
11-16-2004, 09:35 PM
EA's name alone means muted, blah looking graphics with generic gameplaymade on/for ps2 hardware

shrew king
11-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Holy Christ, EA's got their hands on this game now?

I'm behind.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Munch's Oddyssee, who needs another FPS?

I'd hope that they didn't screw up the puzzle solving aspect of Oddworld games, but knowing EA, they'll probably turn it into one of the half-assed games they're famous for.

StudioAlex
11-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Oh boy another FPS! Set in Oddworld! WTF are these people thinking? I hope it flops and the stupid guy who made this game (the guy featured on the show on the Discovery channel) never gets a job in the game industry again.Lorne Lanning is one of the best game designers out there. Why should he be hated for trying something new? Whatever, I look forward to playing it. I'm not going to hate for no reason.

But a january release date is pretty much a guarantee no one is going to buy it.

WillyV2
11-17-2004, 03:55 PM
I was a fan of the others, I'm sure this one will be no exception

CarGuy
11-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Lorne Lanning is one of the best game designers out there. Why should he be hated for trying something new? Whatever, I look forward to playing it. I'm not going to hate for no reason.

But a january release date is pretty much a guarantee no one is going to buy it.

Im just judging him on that show with him in it. I dont think he's trying something new either. He's taking an existing game universe, sticking it in a genre that's been around for years and at the center is (was) a character that was a total rip off of Clint Eastwood..

Variation-XBA
11-17-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm no longer looking forward to the series personally.

Hzaarour
11-17-2004, 09:20 PM
i think its gonna bomb and sell 300 copies all from the delevopors familys. Just my opinion. :rofl:

jelgiad
11-17-2004, 09:27 PM
i will probably try it out, but i agree with you guys, they should have stuck with the normal oddworld genre

StudioAlex
11-18-2004, 08:36 AM
Im just judging him on that show with him in it. I dont think he's trying something new either. He's taking an existing game universe, sticking it in a genre that's been around for years and at the center is (was) a character that was a total rip off of Clint Eastwood..He's trying something new with the series. Besides, it's a friggin spinoff. He did one before Munch, though Exodus was more or less a gameplay retread od Oddysey. And what's wrong with the character resembling Clint Eastwood? That's a lot cooler than the guy from escape from New York being youy inspiration. Don't get me wrong, Kurt Russel's great but he's no Clint...

Unreal
11-21-2004, 12:08 AM
I liked the old name better. Oh well. EA is doing what it thinks will help the Oddworld brand reach more hands. It didnt sell that well to begin with, so I am all for helping to get the name and the game out to more gamers. The Oddworld universe is unique, funny and very alive. I will at least give this game a chance before passing judgement if I were some of you naysayers :p