PDA

View Full Version : XBox comin EARLY ??!!

AlBoogy
08-01-2001, 07:16 PM
Over at ign they say there are rumors going around that XBox might be coming out early. Supposedly it would be to take away some steem from the GC launch. Man, that would be huge! Do any of u think there is any truth to these rumors? There was more to the story also but *sigh* u had to be apart of the IGNsider to see it. If it were to come out earlier i think the first of the month would sound good.

thedrisc
08-01-2001, 08:12 PM
the rumor is nov 1 on some sites but of course it is just a rumor

team xbox has a posting about it

Spuz
08-01-2001, 08:14 PM
Geeze, I think that Microsoft only said about three times that the X-Box was coming on November 8th. Should they possibly say it another four times to clarify that to everyone?

I really don't want them to come out any earlier since that just means that them, and all the developers, would have to rush more. There's no way they'd come out early, but that's just my opinion, and I think that any fan of the X-Box who wants them to come out early isn't understanding all the reprecussions involved with such a move.

Aaron
08-01-2001, 08:16 PM
yeah why is everyone so worried? we dont need to come out early to compete with the lamecube. we got them in check in so many diff departments, its not even hard anymore

AlBoogy
08-01-2001, 11:59 PM
Youre definitely right, the XBox does have them in check with all the features and what not. But lets face it, Microsoft knows they have the hardcore gamer buying their system when it comes out. But the casual gamer are the ones that bring the money in. And the casual gamer doesnt go on to websites and chat about systems. So when a casual gamer goes to the store and see microsoft and sees nintendo, without thinking about specs and features, they will more then likely go for nintendo.So in a way, the Box is in compition with the lamecu, er i mean gamecube.

do the drew
08-03-2001, 12:47 AM
face it man... casual gamers r as dumb as fanboys!!! they r bandwagoners, and jump on the newest best system... i would admit most if not all would jump to the gc if it were nto for the n64... now if nintendo can make people forget about that then they will get alot of casual gamers buyin!

Aaron
08-03-2001, 02:53 AM
Actually, a "hardcore" gamer is one that indulges in ALL games, not just one system, like me, ive had them all basically, and i plan to continue. And if ya really think about it, the GC will only sell well because of its name, and parents see nintendo as another medium to raise their children (trust me! lol). I respect nintendo for what they've done, but i think they need to raise their level of games, the young audience is large, but the teens own all the money.

Just a sidenote, i was checkin out MTV cribs today, i noticed alot of DC playing at first, now its PS2. Can you really imagine a rapper like DMX playing a gamecube? That thought is kinda laughable. Xbox is gonna be the psx of the 128 bit era, no name for itself at first, but will build up momentum.

-Aaron-