PDA

View Full Version : something wrong with my xbox?

CMX Jedi
11-17-2004, 02:35 PM
i played halo 2 this morning and it was fine, now when i turn it on it doesent load, i get a 0% screen and then it sais its damaged, i took it out and theres marks on the edge of the disk, i never took it out or moved my xbox from where its sitting. think my drive is bad or something? :watchout:

lllusion
11-17-2004, 02:38 PM
buy a new xboxs only $99.99!!! link in your sig.

btw, it might be the disc... How old is your box?

CMX Jedi
11-17-2004, 02:39 PM
buy a new xboxs only $99.99!!! link in your sig.

btw, it might be the disc... How old is your box?
about 1 1/2 to 2 years dont remember

lawnDart
11-18-2004, 05:26 PM
I have the first release Xbox and I have been having long load times and dirty disk errors. I just today picked up a Samsung DVD-rom drive to replace the original... problem solved for 70 bucks.....to the best of my knowlage you can't mod the newer boxes?????

Reclaimer
11-18-2004, 08:11 PM
I have the first release Xbox and I have been having long load times and dirty disk errors. I just today picked up a Samsung DVD-rom drive to replace the original... problem solved for 70 bucks.....to the best of my knowlage you can't mod the newer boxes?????

Hey, lets not discuss this at Xboxaddict. Mod talk is against the rules.

lax_defense
11-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Clean the disk. It shouldn't be the xbox's problem. The thompsons didn't ship out that late I think.

Cryogenic Pyro
11-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Clean the disk. It shouldn't be the xbox's problem. The thompsons didn't ship out that late I think.
Yea they did, but they are much better than the old ones. I bought a box in February 2003, and it has a Thomson, but has given me almost no problems since then.

lawnDart
11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey, lets not discuss this at Xboxaddict. Mod talk is against the rules.

ROGER !!

lawnDart
11-19-2004, 11:40 AM
The early boxes had the Thompson drives and over time there performance declines, such as in my case and my solution was as mentioned above. I'm sure there are variants that can affect each box individually and these should be handled by " A certified service center " in most cases.....Mine works great now!!!! Yippie!