PDA

View Full Version : Starbreeze Working on Rid**** 2

Sheeyt
11-18-2004, 09:50 AM
COR: EFBB was a friggin awesome game, I hope Starbreeze puts out another good one.

Fans of The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay can rejoice. According to Vin Diesel, Starbreeze Studios is working on a sequel to the successful first-person shooter. By most accounts, the game, which starred Diesel's voice and likeness, was more successful than the movie it's linked to. A sequel was suspected, but was confirmed by Diesel in a recent interview on comingsoon.net.

While speaking on the recent DVD release of Rid****, Diesel noted that a sequel to the game was in the works. Further details remain hidden for now, but it's unlikely the new game would be based on a future Rid**** feature film, consider the prospect of another costly movie is shaky at best.

Escape from Butcher Bay served as a prequel to The Chronicles of Rid**** movie and it's possible that a new game may pick up where the latest movie left off. Without being tied to the release of a major motion picture, Starbreeze should have the time to add in some multiplayer. Let's cross our fingers.

We'll have more on The Chronicles of Rid**** 2 as it becomes available.

StudioAlex
11-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Rid**** was awesome, and Starbreeze rocks, but I'd rather see them do their own thing, with Diesel's big ugly dumb face not anywhere to be seen. Where's enclave 2?

LTM360
11-18-2004, 08:11 PM
I'd have to guess COR 2 is comming because COR was alot better than Enclave, and more successful... Just my guess though.

Sheeyt
11-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Rid**** was a sleeper hit. I loved it, just a tad short thought. Awesome visuals.

shrew king
11-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Rid**** was the best single player game I've played on the Xbox.

That was one damn good game.

Great news.

Darkside
11-20-2004, 01:34 AM
mmmm rid****. multiplayer would be awesome.

Unreal
11-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Rid**** was awesome, and Starbreeze rocks, but I'd rather see them do their own thing, with Diesel's big ugly dumb face not anywhere to be seen. Where's enclave 2?
I would like to have a Rid**** 2, but Enclave 2 is welcomed even more :D

OC Noob
11-23-2004, 12:45 PM
They need to licence that sweet engine from Rid****. It was by far the best looking console game ever and was better then most PC games at much higher resolutions.

Beautiful engine and a very good game to boot.