PDA

View Full Version : Online Confirmed For WWE WrestleMania 21

OuFtb
11-18-2004, 10:55 AM
WrestleMania can define a legacy, and yours is about to be written. The greatest spectacle in sports-entertainment comes to Xbox™ with WWE WrestleMania® 21. The WWE experience has never been more lifelike with Superstar voice-over and commentary, an all-new proreversal system and motion capture technology, making this the most realistic looking grappler to date. Create the ultimate Superstar and watch him evolve as you earn new move-sets, costumes and abilities in your quest for the WWE Heavyweight Championship. Build the perfect championship belt and defend it on Xbox Live while gaining prestige with each victory you claim, or take on four of your friends in head-to-head competition online. WrestleMania® 21 will immortalize your legacy forever. How will you become a Legend?

Features

Superstar voice-over and commentary

Become a Legend online via Xbox Live

Four-player head-to-head online play with multiple match types and voice chat support

New online create-a-belt feature will change the wrestling genre

Character Evolution – Unique character-building story mode allows you to upgrade you Superstar’s appearance, abilities, entrance, costumes and move-set as you attempt to win the WWE Heavyweight Championship

Superstar moves and animations come to life like never before with motion captured technology

Pro reversal system - First wrestling game to ever feature a countering system that incorporates a contrary reversal for each and every attacking move

Release Date- Q1 2005

http://thq.com/game.asp?1138|52037

Not sure if this is old or not, first time I've seen online confirmed for the game. The link also has the new box-art and screens, but for some reason the screens don't work for me. I think it sounds good but I'm not waisting my money like last time, I'll pick it up after a price drop if its actully good.

Sheeyt
11-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Wow I may have to start liking wrestling games again! Raw and Raw 2 left bad tastes in my mouth.

SoundX
11-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Woah, this actualy might be quite good. Online sounds like fun, this has nothing to do with the makers of the Raw Series right? As long as they don't, I'll probably end up picking this up.

Variation-XBA
11-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Hrm.... I might actually get it now.... cause Raw Vs Smackdown was pathetic "online".

Dark Enemy
11-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Im gonna wait and see what the reviews say. I bought Raw 1 the day it came out, that was sucked ass. I bought raw 2 for soem friend to play, got it for 12 bucks and it isnt that great. SO we will see how thos works out.

WillyV2
11-19-2004, 06:08 PM
I hope it's good, I'll likely pick it up

Mitchell
11-19-2004, 07:57 PM
I love the show, but I could never really get into the games that much.

RockTheCasba
11-19-2004, 08:52 PM
thats pretty cool. online should be tight

SoundX
11-20-2004, 07:02 AM
It's not being made by the guys who were responsible for the Raw Series, I believe the makers of "Day of Reckoning" on the Gamecube are making this one. I think, anyway.

OuFtb
11-20-2004, 09:39 AM
Its being developed by Studio Gigante, the developers of Tao Feng. Yukes Media Creations are responible for Day of Reckoning on the Gamecube. So its not the same people, not sure if thats good or not, never played Tao Feng.

Scapegoats
11-20-2004, 02:17 PM
I don't have Live, so no online play for me (unless they support syslink, but I don't see it listed), but there's actually gonna be commentary??! Sweet! I hope it's good and doesn't suck like the other games commentary... Usually too repetitive. Why is this so overlooked all the time? I have RAW and I hated RAW2, and neither had commentary, just metal music, and that's just stupid.

Tao Feng was recommended to me by Steph, but I didn't like it too much. It had some neat ideas, but it seems really dated to me. A little slow or clunky or something. I liked MK:DA and SC2 much more for fighting games, but who knows, they might do better for this game.

SoundX
11-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Its being developed by Studio Gigante, the developers of Tao Feng. Yukes Media Creations are responible for Day of Reckoning on the Gamecube. So its not the same people, not sure if thats good or not, never played Tao Feng.

In that case, I won't be getting excited. Everyone thought Raw was gonna rule, even though no one had ever heard of Anchor before. When it arived, everyone got dissapointed. I only trust Yukes and AKI when it comes to Wrestlers. So I'm gonna be treating this as Raw 3 until launch, specialy considering Tao-Feng or whatever was slow paced and slightly dull. *Yawning already*

Cyberman
11-20-2004, 11:00 PM
Sweet! I'll be sure to pick it up.