PDA

View Full Version : Friend Banned from XBL.....

Leviathon
11-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Last night my buddy calls me up and tells me that came home and tried to log onto XBL.... He said that it would not let him because the system detected tappering or modded something.... Let's just say that he is not to happy.... Apparently his little brother, (who is home schooled) jumped online and did not deactivate the mod chip in his box.... Sorry Chalie...

Well, does anyone have any idea what he has to do to get online.... I have heard that you are banned for life... What are his options? Will a new Xbox work, or will he have to get a whole new account and xbox. What about his IP address and all that...

Yankeez
11-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Lets not try to get to much into modding discussion. His account isnt banned its just his xbox. So he basically has to buy a new one.

eskara
11-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Ive heard simply a new XBL account will do the job. Not too sure though

Sheeyt
11-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Serves him right.

Leviathon
11-18-2004, 01:14 PM
I understand that we don't talk about modding so I don't want it to go there... In fact I don't believe in modding, and you guys are right... That's what he gets....

But he is still a friend and I don't want to see him banned for life as I have heard..

Chewy, got the pm and thanks for the info...

Casper
11-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Chewy, got the pm and thanks for the info...

Nuff said - you either buy a new Xbox or go by that advice, I know exactly what he said. I'm closing this as there are no other solutions.