PDA

View Full Version : Raiden to appear in UC2

Sheeyt
11-19-2004, 07:59 AM
I certainly hope that this doesn't make the game corny, Raiden belongs in MK not UC.

Yesterday, Midway and Epic Games stop by IGN offices with the latest build of Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict. The main purpose of their visit was to showcase the progress on the upcoming FPS third-person shooter/melee-heavy fighting game and reveal some new gaming modes, which remained secret until yesterday.

But without a doubt, the most interesting surprise was the unveiling of the secret Mortal Kombat character that will make his way into a crossover that blends the fighting and shooting genres; and the winner is… Raiden!

Yes, the Thunder God has been selected to venture into the Unreal universe and his selection makes sense when you consider he has always battle in the Mortal Kombat tournaments when the Outworld and Earth realms merged.

Now that the Unreal and Mortal Kombat universes are melding into one, he once again must put his own immortality into risk by transforming into a mere mortal to compete in The Liandri Corporation tournament.

His incorporation comes together with Raiden's voice actor and the option to swap the Unreal host with the classic Mortal Kombat announcer, giving this way a nice MK touch that will be welcomed to fans of the fighting franchise. Mike Capps, Lead Designer of UC2 and President of Epic Games, also revealed that the incorporation of the character, as well as other Mortal Kombat elements, were implemented with the input of Ed Boom.

It remains unknown if Midway and Epic plan to incorporate more MK characters to the game, whether that happens in the form of unlockable characters or as future downloadable content.

For the full rundown on UC2, check out IGN’s preview here. We’ll have more on Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict as it becomes available.
Xbox Connections

Unreal
11-21-2004, 12:13 AM
I am not a fan of the MK and Unreal universes mixing. So hopefully I am wrong :watchout:

AlphaCigara
11-21-2004, 01:15 AM
Raidens always seemed like too much of a small wimp to be in anything other than MK. He won't look right carrying around a minigun or some crap like that. Dumb move Midway

Darkside
11-21-2004, 01:21 AM
he would definitly be a melee heavy person.

and what's he gonna hit with, his hat?

WillyV2
11-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Raidens always seemed like too much of a small wimp to be in anything other than MK. He won't look right carrying around a minigun or some crap like that. Dumb move Midway

Yeah, a fighting character in a shooter carrying around a variety of guns, will look dumb, extremely dumb. Why would they ever do that?

JJaX
11-21-2004, 05:01 PM
I think quite a few MK characters will be in UC2......

I read this a looooong time ago.

ShaDovV RyDer
11-21-2004, 07:14 PM
I was going to get this game when it comes out but Raiden carrying around some of the guns in the Unreal universe scares me...

BuLLsEyEWTF
11-21-2004, 07:17 PM
yah i hate when games mix there characters up....this will b very stupid when u c ppl getting pwnd by a skinny white robed guy with lightning comin out his fingers