PDA

View Full Version : Serious XBOX Problems!

i_dunno
02-03-2002, 07:11 PM
Oh NO! my xbox is screwed! Its been working fine, but then i rent a game from blockbuster. I notice its scratched really bad, but hey, maybe it'll work. but it doesn't, and now my xbox doesn't read any games. and the games it does read, it just ends up skipping or crashing after 2 minutes. What should i do? and does it matter if i didn't buy that 2 year warranty thing, when i go to get it fixed or replaced?

monkeyman
02-03-2002, 07:13 PM
good luck im not sure if theyll fixit cause i think you need the warrenty but im not sure

SnOoPy
02-03-2002, 07:16 PM
XBox come with a 3 month warranty right outta the box so if you bought it in november the warrant should expire in in the niddle of this month so hurry up and get it FIX!

Dark-one187
02-03-2002, 08:22 PM
The is why I bought the two year warranty :) So now if anything happens I can take it back and have a new one the same day!! I think you should of done the same ya know.

yall
02-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Reading a scratched game disc shouldnt (in theory) be able to harm your XBOX. I would suspect that it would be more likely that the crappy plastic covering that Blockbuster puts on their disc could be the more likely culprit. The edges are usually jagged, and small pieces could be sheared off, and float around in your DVD drive, wreaking havoc.

skoot182
02-04-2002, 06:11 PM
MAX!!! LOOK!!!

its a complaint by someone with more than 10 posts!!!!!!! :D

scarecrow kfj
02-04-2002, 06:18 PM
First try cleaning your xbox before putting your own games in. second clean all rental games. Block buster sells a kit for 10 that does both. third as stated above the plastic from blockbuster labels causes damage ( it stateds in your xbox manuel not to pu stickers on games. So trim the plastic on the game you rent next time) Remeber it is electronic and if you dont take care of it it wont take care of you

Snoopy7548
02-04-2002, 07:14 PM
yea, my xbox is broken too, i kinda jumped on it after i lost in halo:eek: i didnt really see anything bad with what i did, it was the only thing to do in a situation like that;)

XxeGoxX
02-04-2002, 08:50 PM
to bad you cant sew you rent at your own risk. You might of asked for another copy if that one was in poor condtion.

Azazel
02-04-2002, 09:48 PM
I like to use my belt sander on rental games before I play! What do you guys like to do?

Oh and when not playing Halo the disc makes a great beer coaster!

TRUE_GAMER
02-05-2002, 12:55 AM
That if the disc is severly F*cked up it can mess up your laser. What happens is it skips the messed up parts and throws your laser off. That is what I was told.

Hermes
02-05-2002, 05:36 AM
You are all wrong. Blockbuster puts a special label developed by Sony onto all xbox games. It's a freakin conspiracy!

Whisper
02-05-2002, 05:55 AM
you don't know what a conspiracy is until you know they are watching you... that little green light on the XBOX... don't make eye contact, when the XBOX is on, do not say a word, they see, hear, know everything you are doing... DONT FEED THE BEAST!

you shall hear more on this situation soon, "WHEN XBOX'S ATTACK!"

yall
02-05-2002, 07:31 AM
lol!

Capt Marvel
02-05-2002, 08:43 AM
You could always rent the XBOX from blockbuster and pull a switch a Ru, for your defective unit.

I know, moral wise it's not a nice thing, but when your addict you gotta do what you gotta do for an xbox :)

Spaztic
02-05-2002, 08:57 AM
i would just buy a new xbox, charge it on your credit card, and swap them out, then return the broken one!

Capt Marvel
02-05-2002, 10:04 AM
That's a good point. Most Credit Cards have very extended coverage for product purchased on them.

aronx
02-05-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
you don't know what a conspiracy is until you know they are watching you... that little green light on the XBOX... don't make eye contact, when the XBOX is on, do not say a word, they see, hear, know everything you are doing... DONT FEED THE BEAST!

you shall hear more on this situation soon, "WHEN XBOX'S ATTACK!"

I love a good rip off. Create your own bits a-hole.

Whisper
02-05-2002, 12:26 PM
im sorry im not interested in a-hole, you'll find someone one day aronx.

p.s. (i kinda ment it to be a rip-off)

mattcoxonline
02-05-2002, 12:50 PM
Take your Xbox into Blockbuster and complain. They might cover the cost for ya.

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 12:56 PM
In the XBox manual, it's very clear not to insert a disc that has something on it that isn't supposed to be. Blockbuster always puts these stupid sticker things on the games....that could have been the culprit. I never go to blockbuster because of that...I have been going to this other place that doesn't put any sort of sticker on the game.

Man, I knew of a dude that actually put a game in his XBox over an existing game that he already had in there...he simply forgot to pull out the game he was finished with and put the new one on top of it! Idiot!!! The XBox started crunching and stuff....but, everything ended up being fine... It wasn't my XBox...it was some customer that came into the electronics store that I work at part-time. I just about slapped him upside the head for such stupidity ;)

i_dunno
02-05-2002, 03:28 PM
thanks a lot for your advice guys, but thankfully the problems solved. I went back to the store with my receipt and got a new one!

batman46st
02-05-2002, 03:51 PM

i always wondered why i heard voices when i didnt put and xbox game in the xbox while its on.. no wonder...............:eek: i thought i was going crazy......

Snoopy7548
02-05-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Hermes
You are all wrong. Blockbuster puts a special label developed by Sony onto all xbox games. It's a freakin conspiracy!

those labels are made by blockbuster, and they put them on every game they have (even n64).