PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up a Plantronics Halo 2 Headset!

Chaotic
11-19-2004, 12:37 PM
This headset absolutely kicks major ass... :hail:

It's so comfortable you almost forget your even wearing the headset. It's extremely light, fits great into your ear, has great sound and does not get in the way whenever you want to rest your head down on the back of a chair or lay your head on a pillow. That was one of my biggest complaints with the old crappy headset was the inability to rest my head on something due to that bar that went across your head...

For those of you looking for a headset i can say the $50 dollar price tag is well worth it. For an extra $5 bucks you can 1 year of free replacements. If you ever have 1 issue with your headset you bring it back to EB and they give you a brand new one...

This was $50 well spent on something i needed badly. Now i can enjoy the long hours of GR2 without the backs of my ears getting sore....

Sheeyt
11-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Ahhh I just can't see dishing out 50.00 for another headset....

Chaotic
11-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Ahhh I just can't see dishing out 50.00 for another headset....

Well if you really need a new headset like i did, this is the one to get. It will last forever. I always see things "you get what you pay for" quality cost $$$ and this headset proves that... Even tho those other headsets are cheaper some people may go through 2 or 3 of them a year. Why not just spend the $50 once and get something with high quality??? Instead of replacing your cheap headset every year...

Sheeyt
11-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Maybe I'll accidently break my headset, then have a reason.

CarGuy
11-19-2004, 12:57 PM
I spent 9.99 on one made for a cel phone and it's pretty similar in design. Probably not as good in the long run but it just fits over your ear.

Brevity
11-19-2004, 01:21 PM
I wish they were cheaper priced.

ShaDovV RyDer
11-19-2004, 02:48 PM
This headset absolutely kicks major ass... :hail:

It's so comfortable you almost forget your even wearing the headset. It's extremely light, fits great into your ear, has great sound and does not get in the way whenever you want to rest your head down on the back of a chair or lay your head on a pillow. That was one of my biggest complaints with the old crappy headset was the inability to rest my head on something due to that bar that went across your head...

For those of you looking for a headset i can say the $50 dollar price tag is well worth it. For an extra $5 bucks you can 1 year of free replacements. If you ever have 1 issue with your headset you bring it back to EB and they give you a brand new one...

This was $50 well spent on something i needed badly. Now i can enjoy the long hours of GR2 without the backs of my ears getting sore....

Obviously your headset was broken before you got this one and I'm in the same pickle as you once were but maybe with a different problem...I have had two headsets since I got XBL and they both have blown out and I can't hear what people are saying but they can hear me...will the same thing happen with this one?? Like is this a strong headset that won't break in half or is it a strong headset that won't break in half and won't blow out on me?

Chaotic
11-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Obviously your headset was broken before you got this one and I'm in the same pickle as you once were but maybe with a different problem...I have had two headsets since I got XBL and they both have blown out and I can't hear what people are saying but they can hear me...will the same thing happen with this one?? Like is this a strong headset that won't break in half or is it a strong headset that won't break in half and won't blow out on me?

This headset is hardened plastis almost like fiberglass. And the mouth piece is a non breakable bendable piece. I doubt you can break this even by stepping on it...

Yankeez
11-19-2004, 03:52 PM
yep i said this is definitely not worth $50, until i realized i needed a headset and actually bought it, was one of my best purchases, im sure chaotic can back up that it looks and is very durable

Bakeman
11-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Maybe I'll accidently break my headset, then have a reason.

lol trir.... I was thinking the same thing.

But I did just last month spend 30 bucks on a plantronics headset. It's not to bad.

Mitchell
11-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Sound worth it to me

Echoes
11-19-2004, 09:27 PM
who the HELL is that on ur icon.. i cant stop staring

AlBoogy
11-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Congratulations! You paid an extra 20 dollars for a Halo 2 logo.

Chaotic
11-20-2004, 09:54 AM

You can get the same one without the logo? I personally think the logo is gay and would have got one if i could without it.

Here is the exact halo 2 headset from plantronics.. A lot more expensive...

http://www.headsets.com/headsets/corded/plantronics/tristar/h81/description.html

Douchesforfun
11-20-2004, 04:10 PM
buy the new one and keep the old as a backup

Xorg
11-20-2004, 05:08 PM
does it come with an adapter?

selowitch
11-20-2004, 06:30 PM
You can get the same one without the logo? I personally think the logo is gay and would have got one if i could without it.

Here is the exact halo 2 headset from plantronics.. A lot more expensive...

http://www.headsets.com/headsets/corded/plantronics/tristar/h81/description.html
Near as I can tell, the Halo 2 version is a less expensive version of the Plantronics H81. PriceGrabber shows it costing a good $10–$15 more than the Halo 2 edition.

blonks
11-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Well if you really need a new headset like i did, this is the one to get. It will last forever. I always see things "you get what you pay for" quality cost $$$ and this headset proves that... Even tho those other headsets are cheaper some people may go through 2 or 3 of them a year. Why not just spend the $50 once and get something with high quality??? Instead of replacing your cheap headset every year...

richness, is the essance to wealth... and wealth is the essance to a really nice home theature and computer... bastage :(

carlbme
11-21-2004, 08:43 AM
I used to use this same headset (minus the green color and halo2 logo) for work. It was the best one I ever had. Not sure if it is worth the $50 though. Not when you can purchase a good cellphone headset that is just as comfortable for a good bit less.

stormin4
11-21-2004, 08:57 AM
does it come with an adapter?

No, it does not come with the adapter. I have one and I think it is awesome! Sound is very clear and it is very comfortable to wear. I highly recommend it.

wbio
11-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Are you talking about this one (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1055770044948&skuId=5632032&productCategoryId=cat08286&type=product)? If so, is that one as good? I don't think it's the same design, so I'm wondering if it's as good as the Halo 2 one.

Chaotic
11-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Are you talking about this one (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1055770044948&skuId=5632032&productCategoryId=cat08286&type=product)? If so, is that one as good? I don't think it's the same design, so I'm wondering if it's as good as the Halo 2 one.

That's not the same one as the halo 2 headset.

Here is the halo 2 headset from plantronics. It's a lot more expensive.

Probee
11-21-2004, 09:58 AM
So is the non-Halo 2 one just logoless, but the same thing?

Chaotic
11-21-2004, 03:05 PM
So is the non-Halo 2 one just logoless, but the same thing?

yes, but way more expensive...