PDA

View Full Version : Revolution against GCN

Masta Chief
02-03-2002, 07:12 PM
Join the revolution...everyone that is against GC, post here!:)

monkeyman
02-03-2002, 07:15 PM
im not really against it its a good system and all but hey i might as well so i want to say hi to all my fans which would be umm my mom and umm my xbox?

monkeyman
02-03-2002, 07:16 PM
screw what he put before POST HERE IF YOUR MY FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Masta Chief
02-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Ok Let me say this. Everyone in favor of me making an Xbox site that leads the revolution against GC, with good info and news... Post here!!!!!

monkeyman
02-03-2002, 08:02 PM
woo hoo!!!!!! hey somebody voted for gamecube

Shadow Fox
02-03-2002, 09:19 PM
*doesn't see "arcade" listed on the poll*

*thinks about which console he plays most now*

*stamps GCN choice*

*shrugs*

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

XBA Staff
02-03-2002, 09:53 PM
I don't want to start an argument but I just don't F**king get it! Why the hell does everyone want to hate or bash the Gamecube? I mean, I happen to like the GC. If there is one system that you all should hate that should be the PS2. And let me tell you why.

Extended Play with their PS2 Loving Azzes

First off Extended Play....they are always talking about the PS2...20% of the show is dedicated to the PS2. The Xbox and Gamecube hardly ever get air time on that show as if the producers are PS2 fans or something or the show is owned by Sony. PS2 has always been the hot topic on Extended Play even before the Dreamcast came out back in 1999. Also they make positive jokes about the PS2 after each show like "Don't play the PS2 in the hot-tub". Also whenever they show a third-party game that is one the Xbox/GC/PS2...they always show the PS2 version...knowing that the Xbox and GC versions looks better graphicly. Example: When they give stratigies to games like Madden 2002...they always show the PS2 version. How do I know? Because I see them using a black PS2 controller. Same with games like SSX Tricky, THPS3, NASCAR Thunder, NBA2K2, NFL2K2, Silent Hill 2, Max Payne etc...they always show the PS2 versions. Also I remember when Adam Sessler made a comment saying that "Sorry Xbox fans...you won't be getting Tony Hawk 3 but don't cry...because you've got THPS2X". Everyone knows that THPS3 is going on Xbox...and that shows that the producers has to be behind that. There is much more that I can bash on Extended Play but I don't want to make this too lone.

Blockbuster and Sony

Now let me talk about Blockbuster. Sony must have something to do with BB $$$ wise because they are always advertising sony products. I remember when BB was giving away DVD players and movies...the DVD players just happened to be from Sony. Also BB has this thing that all PS2 games are garuanteed in. They have like 8 copies for each PS2 game. Xbox and GC don't get that kind of treatment. Also they even have that BB PS2 guy called Chet...if you haven't noticed...all of his commercials were either advertising a PSX game(s) or a PS2 game(s). Remember his first ever commercial was advertising the PS2 saying that as soon as PS2 launches in October 2000...they will have the PS2 launch games. Dreamcast, Xbox, nor GC got that kind of hype from BB.....never.

The Conclusion

So my conclusion is......Why do so many hates the GC when they aren't ****y? Nintendo just keeps to themselfs...they aren't sponsers of major events...they don't have many commercials. So I like Nintendo. So why do yall hate GC more than PS2? PS2 is the biggest threat to Xbox not Gamecube. I'm not here to make you all think differently but I just want to open up your minds and make you all see the other side of things. Sony is the company to hate....not Nintendo. Seee Nintendo is just like MS...they aren't getting enough respect in the gaming world....Sony gets all the recognition. So please you all...don't hate the GC.

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 05:41 AM
I'm just having some fun with the funny little purple baby systems:D ...It is just fun to do when you are bored and you have nothing else to do:p

so sorry if I offended somebody:confused:

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 05:58 AM
Ok I know Sony is a good threat. They have been around longer, and have more companies giving them games. The only reason why I do not competely hate sony's PS2 is the fact that it has some good games. If it didn't have some good games, I would hate it. The thing about Gamecube, now you see I don't understand why nintendo is wasting their time. They could get so much more gamers playing their system if they didn't take the role as kid gaming system. If I were nintendo I would base the games on the ages that play them. Some fo 5-10 year olds. And others 13+. And what is up with the tiny purple mini micro disks. I know it is good because you can put it in small places. But the color:( ...I know it comes in black so you don't have to tell me. And the controller, I hate it. It looks just like they slammed the buttons on it how ever they wanted. The z button is all out of the way. and they buttons are everywhere. The C thing and the joystick thing both are kinda painful to reach for sometimes for me for some reason. Just basically Nintendo could do a better job.:D

GokuX
02-04-2002, 08:29 AM
I voted for the 32X, eat that.:D

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 03:43 PM
And we care because...?

XBA Staff
02-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Masta Chief
Ok I know Sony is a good threat. They have been around longer, and have more companies giving them games. The only reason why I do not competely hate sony's PS2 is the fact that it has some good games. If it didn't have some good games, I would hate it. The thing about Gamecube, now you see I don't understand why nintendo is wasting their time. They could get so much more gamers playing their system if they didn't take the role as kid gaming system. If I were nintendo I would base the games on the ages that play them. Some fo 5-10 year olds. And others 13+. And what is up with the tiny purple mini micro disks. I know it is good because you can put it in small places. But the color:( ...I know it comes in black so you don't have to tell me. And the controller, I hate it. It looks just like they slammed the buttons on it how ever they wanted. The z button is all out of the way. and they buttons are everywhere. The C thing and the joystick thing both are kinda painful to reach for sometimes for me for some reason. Just basically Nintendo could do a better job.:D

I still don't get it.

So in other words...you are hating the GC just because Nintendo decided to take a different apprach then other companies like MS and Sony? Technically that's what you are saying. Also you stated that you don't hate the PS2 because it has great games? So are you trying to imply that Gamecube doesn't have good games? That's one thing that I like about Nintendo...they are out for a different age group...they are for the ages 10+ where other systems are for 16+ or 17+ also their system is $100 less that the Xbox and PS2. So whether you like it or not buddy...Nintendo is going to be around longer than you think it will...and I'm not talking about software wise like Sega...I mean console/hardware wise. Nintendo should'nt be hated, they are a nice quite company that keeps to themselves. Nintendo is no big Interprise like Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo doesn't sponser huge events like Sony and Microsoft.

Also many people critizice the Gamecube about it's size and colors.....WELL WHO GIVES A **** about what color it is or the size of it? It's what's in the inside that counts. I just wise people will get that into their heads. I personally like the Gamecube and if I had the $$$ I'll buy won...also I'll buy a PS2 if I had the $$$. Why? because I'm a gamer I play games no matter what system they are on.

Honestly I think no one should hate a particular system. I mean...each system has their own taste to offer...I mean....Not everyone likes the Vinilla flavor icecream...so they make chocolate, sherbert etc...for all types of people. I mean...are you ganna say the sherbert flavor sucks just because [b]YOU]/b] don't like it? Same with the Xbox/PS2/GC. You are ganna say the PS2 or GC sucks just because you own a Xbox and don't like the other 2? I think all 3 systems are great.....but if there was 1 system that I least like....that will be the PS2 because they Sony company is big headed when it comes to videogames.

Spaztic
02-04-2002, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry no offense master chef but this thread is just strait out retarded! You are posting a poll about what system you like best on a xbox forum.....stop drinking the bong water!

Spaztic
02-04-2002, 04:24 PM
whoops i mean master chief!

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 06:46 PM
I dug a deep hole and now I am stuck....:o

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 06:50 PM
Draco delete this thread it just keeps getting stupider and stupider. I have to say I did play every system. and that I like the ps2 because of its games. But if GC did have good games I still wouldn't like it...I know nintendo can do better. Price does not matter to me, it is the insides that count. I am sorry this stupid thread made me look like a retard:confused: . Well I am changing my signature now :) , so gamecube lubbers don't get mad at me, because people should be friends with everyone....:D

Shadow Fox
02-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Draco delete this thread it just keeps getting stupider and stupider. I have to say I did play every system. and that I like the ps2 because of its games. But if GC did have good games I still wouldn't like it...I know nintendo can do better. Price does not matter to me, it is the insides that count. I am sorry this stupid thread made me look like a retard:confused: . Well I am changing my signature now :) , so gamecube lubbers don't get mad at me, because people should be friends with everyone....:D *Watches fanboy hate on a system because its games don't appeal to him, unlike millions of other TRUE gamers*

*laughs uncontrollably*

l Maximus l
02-04-2002, 07:02 PM
Dude, Masta..I'm totally with you. The GameCube outright sucks the nipples of goats. The controller alone is about as cheap as a Tonka Toy. It looks cheap, yes...but, man, have you ever picked one up? I thought it was going to break after I touched it! It's tiny as hell, too...I mean, Nintendo won me over nicely with the N64 controller...especially once I got used to it. But, man, they really screwed up the controller this time!

Playstation, on the other hand, was much more revolutionary when it came to video games. Nintendo has the kid market...always had, always will. They are untouchable with the handheld industry...I give them many props there. But, before Microsoft launched the XBox, the best games for us older players were found on the PS2 or the Dreamcast. Personally, I prefer the Dreamcast because Sega is the most brilliant game publisher on the planet (now next to Microsoft, in my opinion). But, Sony's Playstation has a lot of great games.

But, now, the XBox is coming out with many of the same games, but better and enhanced versions of them...and they will cost the same price. I mean, the value that Microsoft gives is much greater than Sony when it comes to games. The only downfall is that we have to wait longer...which doesn't bother me at all. Besides, the exclusive titles that XBox has are unmatched on any other console...take Halo for example. Deyaaaaaamnn!!!

I grew away from Nintendo, turned my back completely away from Sony...I still love the Dreamcast, but the XBox is on top! :D

All of this is my opinion...if no one likes it, have a beer...it will make you feel better :D

XBA Staff
02-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Draco delete this thread it just keeps getting stupider and stupider. I have to say I did play every system. and that I like the ps2 because of its games. But if GC did have good games I still wouldn't like it...I know nintendo can do better. Price does not matter to me, it is the insides that count. I am sorry this stupid thread made me look like a retard:confused: . Well I am changing my signature now :) , so gamecube lubbers don't get mad at me, because people should be friends with everyone....:D

Who is "Draco"?

Xboxfan123
02-04-2002, 07:17 PM

The real threat to the Xbox (if there is one) is the PS2 because the PS2 and Xbox are marketed for adult gamers so they are in competition. The GC is marketed for children. Nintendo even commented that the handle and size of the GC was made to carry around and put in a childs napsack. If I had a 10 year old son or daughter I would probably buy them the GC. So in conclusion the GC and Xbox are for different gamers and there really is no competition between the two systems.

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Tyrell-XBA
Draco tha Dragon...YOU

XBA Staff
02-04-2002, 07:21 PM
Tyrell-XBA
Draco tha Dragon...YOU

Oh......Yeah:o

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Hey peeps I am 12 and I think the controller is tiny. The Xbox controller is perfect. The gamecube looks stupid to me, and I am at that age that all the big people call kiddy. I am turning 13 on valentines day...anyway...even kids think it is kiddy so what does that say. It gives Nintendo a bad rep to most teenagers around here that are hardcore gamers...even my friend that owns one!

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Maximus!....YOU RULE! :cool: :D

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 07:30 PM
Shadow Fox eh...shadow fox...maybe you should tell all the people in the world that they shouldn't hate xbox just because of microsoft. I do not just Hate GC because its games don't appeal to me. I laugh at myself too for starting this stupid thread...:confused:

monkeyman
02-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Dude, Masta..I'm totally with you. The GameCube outright sucks the nipples of goats. The controller alone is about as cheap as a Tonka Toy. It looks cheap, yes...but, man, have you ever picked one up? I thought it was going to break after I touched it! It's tiny as hell, too...I mean, Nintendo won me over nicely with the N64 controller...especially once I got used to it. But, man, they really screwed up the controller this time!

Playstation, on the other hand, was much more revolutionary when it came to video games. Nintendo has the kid market...always had, always will. They are untouchable with the handheld industry...I give them many props there. But, before Microsoft launched the XBox, the best games for us older players were found on the PS2 or the Dreamcast. Personally, I prefer the Dreamcast because Sega is the most brilliant game publisher on the planet (now next to Microsoft, in my opinion). But, Sony's Playstation has a lot of great games.

But, now, the XBox is coming out with many of the same games, but better and enhanced versions of them...and they will cost the same price. I mean, the value that Microsoft gives is much greater than Sony when it comes to games. The only downfall is that we have to wait longer...which doesn't bother me at all. Besides, the exclusive titles that XBox has are unmatched on any other console...take Halo for example. Deyaaaaaamnn!!!

I grew away from Nintendo, turned my back completely away from Sony...I still love the Dreamcast, but the XBox is on top! :D

All of this is my opinion...if no one likes it, have a beer...it will make you feel better :D

jesus max never knew you hated gc so much

Shadow Fox
02-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Xboxfan123

Nintendo even commented that the handle and size of the GC was made to carry around and put in a childs napsack. Please post a link to where that is "commented", cuz it totally differs from what Miyamoto said about GCN:
"When asked about the odd inclusion of the handle on the GameCube, Miyamoto replied that they wanted to present it as the ultimate gaming system, and not a piece of audio/visual hardware that you would sit on a shelf and not move. He stated that it was a system for the whole family, one to take over to a friend's house and play. He also re-stated that it was designed as the best system to design and create games for, and that the term "ultimate gaming system" included the designer's viewpoint as well."Sounds totally different from what you're claiming, so prove it and quit blinding people here.

And to "MastaChief", do what the f#@k you wanna do. Worry about the gameplay and the challenge, not your reputation. You're only 12 for Christ's sake. If I'm 23 and I'm not ashamed of owning a GCN, then neither should you for playing one. And if the "name-calling" gets out of hand, ignore them. They are just hating on a system because that's what the media tells them to do. And judging from the volume of this site alone, it's working, but may be creating a monster...

Play games for fun first, then challenge, and never status. Doing that will definately deter the growth of fanboys in the world.

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 07:48 PM
I would just so love to shove a plasma grenade up someones rear and watch their face...:( :o :mad: :eek:

XxeGoxX
02-04-2002, 08:27 PM
LOL GC isent very good.I like the GC and PS2 the best but i voted Xbox :)