PDA

View Full Version : Component Audio Problem

Gregory
11-19-2004, 08:53 PM
I just bought the high def AV pack (component) today and am having a small problem. The video works fine but when I plug in the red and white audio plugs I hear no sound. My tv is a Samsung 24" Flat Screen TV. On the back there are the 3 component inputs and 3 sets of RCA plugs (2 input, 2 output) and on the side of the tv there is also 1 set of RCA inputs. The only time I hear sound is when the audio cables are plugged into the side, but since the cable itself is not long enough to reach both the back for the video and side for audio I need to use a switch thing in the middle. Is there anyway I can use the RCA audio inputs on the back for the audio plugs on the high def pack?

LynxFX
11-19-2004, 09:24 PM
I would change the component (video) connections to a different input. Tv's are setup so one set of audio jacks go to a certain set of video inputs. You know, input 1, input 2, input 3 etc. Just check the back of the tv and make sure the video and the audio are going into the same input.

Gregory
11-19-2004, 09:39 PM
well, its component imput, so theres the Red Green and blue for the video, and Red and white for audio (5 plugs in total)

LynxFX
11-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Right, but you have more than one set of inputs on the tv. They all match up to each other. So you have to make sure you put your video and audio cables into the same set of inputs. For instance you can't have your video cables going into video input 1 while the audio is connected to audio input 2. They must go to audio input 1. That is why your audio happens to work when you plug it in on the side. That is (guessing here) input 3 or 4 as is the video input you plugged into in the back. So doublecheck the labeled inputs on the back of the tv and make sure everything is connected to the correctly number port.

Your tv might be able to assign inputs but that isn't likely as most don't.