PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft applies for Shadowrun trademark!

Sheeyt
11-23-2004, 09:17 AM
On November 12, Microsoft Corp. filed a trademark application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for the Shadowrun mark. Although this doesn’t confirm a game is in development, it is a positive sign for those waiting for a Shadowrun game.

Shadowrun is a fictional universe that was introduced as a role-playing game (RPG) by FASA Corporation in 1989.

There have been tons of letters, petitions, mails, and forum threads requesting a videogame based on the franchise.

This trademark application by Microsoft represents the first time the software giant has made a move regarding Shadowrun.

A few months ago we had the chance to ask Jon Kimmich, a former Microsoft Game Studios employee who has joined Day 1 Studios, about the Shadowrun property and the connection between Microsoft, FASA Studios, Day 1 Studios and WizKids. Click here for a detailed explanation by Jon.

Never played Shadowrun but I hear lots of people saying its the best thing since sliced breed.

Hugopolo
11-23-2004, 10:22 AM
ive played it and its kind of boring and large

Chewy
11-23-2004, 10:25 AM
I have played just about every kind of role playing game. The rules set certainly wasn't the best, but the back ground stories and info is pretty interesting. Some good ideas. I wonder what kind of game they will bring out?

Sheeyt
11-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Rumors that I've heard involve Bungie with this. A new Shadowrun game may come from Bungie.