PDA

View Full Version : skateboarding games

dyingtolive
02-03-2002, 09:10 PM
I would just like to know what happened to skateboarding games that you actually had to try to pull off cool tricks? Yes i know i will get tons of tony hawk fans saying wtf i love this game and it is so great and all, but come on that is not skateboarding. I want a game like thrasher, the best skate game to date, where there was some reason for you to progress through the game, unlike tony hawk where you just unlock levels. I dont want to sit here and ***** about tony hawk's games, they're fun, but real skateboarders like me need a real skating game that is hard, and by hard i dont mean a 59 multiplyer on a trick i mean hard like not being able to switch hardflip a triple- set first try. Now im not sure how many people there are that read these boards like me that actually care about things like this. And please dont reply if you like doing kickflip mctwists down the leap of faith.

jack talent
02-04-2002, 02:07 AM
I'v been skating for a long time...... but I still think Tony Hawks is the best skateboarding gameplay to date. I see what you mean about the realism. But if you want a perfectly realistic skating game, it just wouldn't have the fun factor that tony's has. It IS possible to make Tony's pretty realistic, just dont go for points, and just pull out a simple plane run. Its fun just to pull off some tech ground stuff, like kickflip backside tailslides.... they look ****ing sick in tony hawks 2x

Dan Hibiki
02-04-2002, 06:52 AM
I agree that Extreme Sports should be brought into video games, and the major league ones to. Skateboarding on the other hand, is as dull as grapes on a vine. If you want to skateboard and pull off "L33T No0bIe" tricks, then go buy a friggin' skateboard for half the price of the video game, then spend the same amount of time that you'd put into playing the video game, into actually doing tricks!
****, I still hate those Tony Hawk games because they're sooooooooo **** repetitive! After you do your first grind and jump, it's all repetition of doing the same thing over again. What I want to see is...
TONY HAWK'S ROAD RASH!
LoL, Tony gets Chains, Base Ball Bats, Metal Rods, Fists, and he travels the world racing down streets and avoiding cops.

GokuX
02-04-2002, 08:24 AM
Tony Hawk is a game franchise for the mainstream gamer. Making it hardcore would probably alienate a lot of the fan base and I don't think Activision wants to lose the money just to please real skateboarding enthusiasts.