PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia vs Ninja Gaiden

jukebox3
11-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Which one do u think will be better and Why?

+ Do u think PP will be hard like NG

Jamo
11-26-2004, 04:22 PM
I've never played PP but I have Ninja Gaiden and can vouch for it being Xtremely good. As for difficulty... I doubt it. And are you talking about PP1 or PP2. Either way I doubt it'll be as hard as Ninja Gaiden. But you can only hope. :D

Hzaarour
11-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Hes talking about pp2 and it wont be as hard

CRAYMAN
11-26-2004, 06:00 PM
These games are too different to compare. I've played through BOTH NG and POP. Both are GREAT. One's primary focus is on gameplay/fighting, while the other's is on platforming(with a healthy side order of fighting).
Unless the new POP game is reported to be total garbage...I'll be picking it up...NEW.

CRAYMAN
11-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Are you kidding???? These games When I first played Ninja Gaiden I said...This is obviously taken from POP (Same moves)

And IGN said that it was going to be a LOT harder than POP (besids...that game looks awefully awesome)

Well, it's going to be similar...they are BOTH using swords, but the similarities end there(for the most).

dvm184
11-26-2004, 09:54 PM
If you think there are any simliarities to Ninja Gaiden and Prince of Persia, its quite obvious you havn't played and beat both. As said, the sword is about all thats the same. The games are so different its rediculous. Both are great games, and any compairision is a bit silly...

I had NO IDEA my friend had an account on XBA.. this is LTM360.....

jteqnique
11-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Are you kidding???? These games When I first played Ninja Gaiden I said...This is obviously taken from POP (Same moves)

And IGN said that it was going to be a LOT harder than POP (besids...that game looks awefully awesome)

Except for the fact it took 4 years to make NG and took barely a year to make POP 1 and 2. NG was supposed to be out before POP but got delayed like every other Team Ninja Title.
In terms of graphics and fighting NG just eats POP with its depth and variety. POP was only really good at platforming, the fighting got boring and repetitive really quickly. Keep in mind NG is about 50 times harder than POP. It all comes down to preference.
Remember NG is built and optimized for Xbox and on a HDTV the best looking game by far on any console, Halo 2 and Rid**** don't even compare. POP is created for all platforms so its created with PS2 in mind, with barely updated graphics for xbox.
NG is better in my opinion, GOTY in my opinion actually I find it that great, but I really enjoyed the first POP, the demo for WW was really uninspiring. They still didn't fix being on the ground issue and if baddies are around you and your on the ground, expect to block for a while. Near the end of the first game there is always 4 guys around you and everytime your in the animation of getting up, they knock you back down again, once it took over 3 mins just to get up.
Hope this is helpful and remember FRYS electronics had POP 1 for only $10 last week so you can find it cheap if you look.
Ninja Gaiden is AMAZING as long as your willing to learn the ins and outs and don't mind get slightly frustrated through some parts it'll be totally worth it. There are sooo many weapons its amazing and if you have Live you get even more downloads for free, there is alot of replay value. Its hard, some think too hard, but if you beat it you WILL become a better, more proficient gamer, Guaranteed.

JimmieDoogan
11-30-2004, 01:46 PM
I think they're sorta similar games. They're both awsome in my opinion, however PoP is a great deal more Puzzle Centric where as Ninja Gaiden is more Action Centric. They both excell in they're respective areas, however I think Ninja Gaiden is a bit more polished. That's not to say PoP is anything to scoff at, however NG not only focused on it's intended audience moreso, but also gave a great deal more of a challange. PoP was a bit on the easy side for me and the fighting action a whole hell of a lot more repetitive than that of NG. In my opinion NG is one of the best Action games EVER MADE. Great Challenge, Huge expansive exploration with lots to collect and a good RPG feel without taking those particular elements too far. PoP on the other hand is also quite expansive, and it gave me this awsome feeling of exploration that I felt when I played the first Tomb Raider (best in the series IMO). PoP is probably cheaper than NG, but NG felt like it was an exploration game with the action akin to a fighting game. PoP was more of just like an exploration game with puzzles.

I wouldn't dare turn down either game if I was you. However, if your going to get something right now, weigh your options based on your preferences. NG is rather difficult, it's not gruling but it's not easy either. PoP on the other hand is kind of a walk through. I gurantee you'll die very few times in that game, where as in NG you could die at the drop of a hat.

Shadow20002
12-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Ninja Gaiden, i just love TECMO GAMES...totally bug-free and no DDE at all.