PDA

View Full Version : Extended play rags on Hitz

Bundy
02-04-2002, 08:18 AM
I saw extended play over the weekend and they reviewed NHL Hitz. They gave it a 2 out of 5. That is just crap. There complaint was that the game had no strategy except to cream your opponent. Well that is why I bought it, it is Blitz on ice afterall. I had no intentions of getting a sim hockey game.

They also said that the game has graphical errors. The review was done for all 3 consoles and they did not state which of the consoles were showing the glitches. I personally have not seen them on the xbox.

darianX
02-04-2002, 12:19 PM
I agree with you across the board. I didn't buy that game to play a pure hockey sim. I bought it so that I could check someone into the bleachers and not get penalized. And I've never seen any graphical glitches either. Sometimes I think they're nuts at EP...

Bundy
02-04-2002, 01:17 PM
they really are.. in the same episode they gave dark summit and a winter olympics game for the pc 2 out of 5 also. And Hitz was clearly better hands down, both by the videos they showed and the comments they made. A 5 point scale is not very good to use anyway.

XxeGoxX
02-04-2002, 09:30 PM
Maby they where talking about the PS2 version.

Dave
02-08-2002, 10:53 AM
I bought Hitz and I am really happy with the game. We bought Hitz, DOA3, and Hitz at the same time, and Hitz is the game that has gotten by far the most playtime of the 3 games. I had a few hockey sims, and was pretty tired of them, so I picked up Hitz instead this time, and I have not seen the graphic problems this guy wrote about, and I like the rules in Hitz, and the gameplay better than my other NHL sim games.

My only complaint, is the same in every hockey game I have played so far. They put very little in the fighting part of the game. I still want a Hockey game that the fighting part is a game within the game, and in Hitz a little wimpy player is as tough as a bad ass is, and like every othet hockey game, all you do is punch until the other guys meter runs out.

Bundy
02-08-2002, 11:05 AM
there are kicks and slams too...

XAddict69
02-09-2002, 12:27 AM
I play for the JR.Kings in Southern California, and the most I love about the game Hockey is that you can nail people.

And NHL Hitz is of the wall as far as hitz. For Example you get to put players through the GLASS!!

This is the first NHL Hockey game that I enjoy playing.

What ever it is that the game testers are smoking..............pass that *****.

XAddict69
02-13-2002, 11:39 PM
Hey guys I had these $150 hockey proglo gloves, and one night i forgot to take in my equipment from outside, because i was airing it out.

And a mountain lion or something took of with them.

As I watched i didnt know what to do! Risk my life or save $150 bucks:mad: :( :mad:

Jon27
02-18-2002, 03:37 PM
i think a fan of the style of game should always review it,