PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only 1 who is in love w/ the OXM Demo Disk?!

Ninja Scroll
02-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Ever since everyone has gotten their March 2002 issue of the Offical Xbox Magazine I have read nothing but cries of anger and frustration!:(
Well I never understood the reasons until I got mine in the mail last Friday (or was it Saturday?) and im probably one of the last addicts to get mine!
Anyways I can see everyones point about the playable demo's on the disc. I mean only 3 new demo's and all those games are avalible in stores now! I mean demo should be about titles that are not in stores at the time the disc is released. That is the point of them right?
well I was kind of dissapointed myself until I noticed the bonus features!
Dude I saw it say "Microsoft Ads"!!! :confused: I was like WTF:eek:
So I hit it and it was the first wave of Xbox commercials from last years promotions!!!!
Halo, PGR, OddWorld, Amped, DOA 3, & Fever!!
I always wanted to tape all those joints just to have! Maybe it's jsut me, but I used to record all the Genesis classic commercials on TV!
Well we got these for free and I dont hear one person saying anything about it:confused: !?
I guess it's just me cause those orginal ads alone made me love this demo disc!
What do you guys think and feel about getting the ads?:)

Snoopy7548
02-04-2002, 01:58 PM
yea, but they said that we would have a demo of wreckless, and we dont. and all the demos on the disc now pretty much suck. i already have bloodwake, and project gotham, and the arctic thunder demo isnt all that good, and the other demos are ones that i have already played and i dont care much for. i was very happy to see the ads on the disc. its just that the demos for this month sucked, and the disc is supposed to be all about demos

gula
02-04-2002, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I was pretty ticked off of the new Demo CD. It has all the old demo's on it!! If I wanted all the old demo's, I would pop in disk 2 and 3 of the demo cd's. Jesus, this one was crap. I was expecting Wreckless and everything. But no, we got PGR, BW, and AT. That is just crap....and not that many movies also! Ehh...I hope they can do better for the April 2002 one. But yet again, all the game that are coming out in Feb, will all be on there. But we well already play the god **** games! :(

Phiresun
02-04-2002, 02:06 PM
I was caught in between emotions about the demo disc. I appreciate games like Blood Wake and Project Gotham, because now I can use it to impress my friends and relatives of the power of XBOX. But personally I was hoping to see games that won't be out for months now or even WWF Raw or Wreckless would due. Jet Set Radio are worthy demos I feel. I am willing to be patient while OXM get their acts together, I know they know we are being cheated of what they promised to deliver.

The commercials were a nice bonus, but I want want demos. Come June I feel there should be no excuse to not have worthy demos!

Ninja Scroll
02-04-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Phiresun
The commercials were a nice bonus, but I want want demos. Come June I feel there should be no excuse to not have worthy demos!

I totally agree with you, no more excuses!:cool:
But I see no one else other than me are pretty happy to own the original Xbox commercials:eek: :confused: :eek:

gula
02-04-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I totally agree with you, no more excuses!:cool:
But I see no one else other than me are pretty happy to own the original Xbox commercials:eek: :confused: :eek:

Maybe we should have some demo's like Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions, WWF Raw, Transworld Snowboarding, Jet Set Radio Future, Elder Scrolls III(doubt it), New Legends, UFC: Tapout, Circus Maximus, All Star Baseball 2003. (All The Games I Can Think For In February)

But, knowing OXM, they might just throw Fuzion Fenzy, Madden, and Oddworld....all games we have played :rolleyes:...and If we get lucky...Kabuki Warriors! :eek: