PDA

View Full Version : PAL Xbox Questions + Live Renewal On a PAL Xbox -- Help!

Shorezy
11-30-2004, 04:14 AM
Hey guys,

As some of you might remember, I'm in Switzerland now and to get my Xbox shipped from Canada is too much of a pain in the ass.

What i've decided to do is BUY an Xbox here in Switzerland. Now I'm assuming they're PAL Xbox's and I Have a few questions.

First, IF I can manage to get Live, can I play HALO 2 (let alone any other game) with my North American buddies (using the pal Xbox and playing a most likely different languaged game)?

Second, we're getting a wireless internet connection so can I most likely get the wireless reciever for the Xbox and Xbox Live at the local gaming store? Plus, is it worth it and is it the best bet for WIRELESS LIVE (especially in Europe).

Finally, and most important for LIVE at this point, CAN I RECOVER MY LIVE ACCOUNT WITH A PAL XBOX. I know once I got my second Xbox, I could recover my live acount with my credit card's info. once a CAT 5 cord was plugged in. So can I do the same with this new box?

Thanks in advance guys, and let me know if I'm missing anything I may be forgetting about!

Thanks again. :cheers:

Duke
11-30-2004, 05:59 AM
You should be able to play w/ your US buddies. There are a lot of Europeans on in the mornings, and if the UK and France are on, I'd imagine Switzerland is too.

Not sure about the wireless.

As far as live, you should be able to recover your account the same way you did before.

sojourner
11-30-2004, 07:03 AM
You will have no problems playing live with your buddies from the US on your pal box. I play with Dutch, Swedish, Danish, US and many more nationalities, that said I have not played with any Swiss players. You tend to find that German, French and Italians stick to their own because their English is not so good so mabye they do the same.

As far as wireless set ups go I dont really know about that side but your account details can also be transferred with a memory card from your ntsc box to a pal box. If you do a recovery your account will only work from that box as you wont be able to recover it again.

Hope that helps! :)