PDA

View Full Version : xbox music question

JJXB
12-02-2004, 07:26 PM
is it at all possible to link up your computer to your xbox and transfer any .mp3's you have on your pc hdd to your xbox hdd? im asking as i have a lot of cd's that i might want to rip the tracks off of for the xbox (when i get it) but as most of them are alredy on my computer, it would save time to transfer the tracks over to the xbox from the computer (if possible)

Chaotic
12-02-2004, 07:39 PM
You need to use that Xbox Music Mixer or whatever the heck it's called...

It's a seperate piece of hardware that links your xbox and pc together and allows you to transfer music.

ll Mista GT ll
12-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Yes,

I have it and it works great. The only thing is that you can't view your music from the MUSIC menu.. or at least I can't.

Well, it's less than forty bucks and it's worth it.

Go for it.

Reclaimer
12-02-2004, 09:09 PM
I bought the music mixer program to do just that. You have to have the Mixer game in your Xbox and you have to have downloaded a special program from Xbox.com to your PC. You line up a playlist on your PC with that program and it sends it over to the Xbox into that part of the hard drive. What takes forever though is the Xbox to take that playlist and compile and convert it to the hard drive. It takes exactly as long as if you where ripping a CD to the hard drive.
It's not a bad deal seeing how it's the only way to do it. Remember that you have to get that specific program downloaded to your computer though.

JJXB
12-02-2004, 09:53 PM
in that case i'll rip the cd's to the xbox hdd then, thanks for the advice though :)