PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Republic Commando: Progress Report!

XboxGamers
12-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Hell Yeah! Can't wait! :yikes:

The preview build we got today, as part of an early progress report, gives us a sustained look at the title for the first time since E3. All of the things you would expect of a title that's been in development are here -- fleshed out levels, tightened up AI, better looking graphics, and lots of chatty audio. But referring again to sustained gameplay, I got a better feel for its brand of gaming. It's not really until the second, third, fourth and following missions that you start to discover the unique properties of Republic Commando. More on those in a bit.

All developers borrow from one another. It's a way of life. Hopefully, when developers do borrow, they take an element or elements and forge something new or better than the game from which they've borrowed. It's clear LucasArts creatively takes from across the board. You've got a little visor action from Metroid Prime, a weapon system setup from Halo, and squad-based gameplay similar to Rainbow Six. The result is a game that benefits from all of those elements but throws you into the role of a Republic Commando and gradually gives you totally unique abilities. The clone commandos are hard-hitting futuristic soldiers who are virtually unexplored in the Star Wars Episode I and II movies, making them very attractive. And it's here that LucasArts' dev team gets creative, filling in storylines between Episode II and III, and digging into the role of an elite military force.

More here! (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/570/570386p1.html)

Variation-XBA
12-03-2004, 12:34 AM
Not personally looking forward to it, but looks like it's going to do very well.

AlphaRaptor
12-03-2004, 10:59 AM
Yea, the game looks awesome.

MajorTom
12-03-2004, 07:07 PM
That game's gonna be awesome. I can't wait.

Unreal
12-05-2004, 05:32 PM
It should be good, thanks for the update.

Regosnot
12-05-2004, 05:37 PM
I want it to be good but seeing how many decent Star Wars games there is. I very much doubt that it will be any good.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-05-2004, 06:40 PM
I want it to be good but seeing how many decent Star Wars games there is. I very much doubt that it will be any good.

I dunno...after KOTOR all Star Wars games have seemed to be pretty top-notch if you ask me...I guess KOTOR set a new standard for SW games.

Snowblind
12-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Seems a little too gimmicky for my taste.

SPARTAN VI
12-06-2004, 06:56 PM
I have a feeling it's not going to be that good.

skorp
12-07-2004, 09:47 PM
At least its not overhyped... :eek:

Anyway... I'll will still continue to give it a look-see.

I heard that KOTORII has a demo of the game (Republic Commando)
;)