PDA

View Full Version : Maximus, about Halo online...

khaos2005
02-04-2002, 07:19 PM
This could apply to anyone, but I know Maximus would know a lot about this. :D

I have had my Xbox since the 15th of November. I had it hooked up on my HDTV, which is not near my computer. I have since moved my TV to be right next to my computer. Now there are no more excuses. I must get online. I have a cable internet service, so I'd say I am set. I just need to know how to hook up on Gamespy, and get things going. What do I need? What do I have to do?

Also, when will Microsoft officially release their online plans? What will that service be like, as compared to using Gamespy? How much will it be, and when will it be out? So many questions, I know. :)

So thanks to anyone that can give me the information I need to get started on some serious gaming!

fanofslipknotib
02-04-2002, 08:38 PM
Well, you are going to need a hub, and some Ethernet cables. You will place one Ethernet cable into your Xbox, and connect the other end to a hub. Then, take the end of the Ehternet cable connecting your PC and your modem out of the PC, and put it into another slot in the hub. Finally, place an enternet cable into your computer, and the other end in the hub. That is how I did it, but there are other ways. I just dont know them.

XxeGoxX
02-04-2002, 08:39 PM
I dont know sorry.i dont get my chance to play online becuase ill never be able to get cable or dsl or broadband