PDA

View Full Version : Scary/funny story about my xbox

BlindSniper
12-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Alright, here the story:
I slipped in my stealing harvard dvd into my xbox with the dvd playback kit equipped. Everything was going fine watching some good ol' comedy. BTW (Don't make fun of my movie selection.) Anyways, I finished with it, pressed the eject button to get on some halo 2 and to my suprise, the disk had vanished, what seemed into thin air!

Now, it took me a good 10 seconds to really anaylize what the hell just happened, then I started to panic. My translucent limited edition xbox had a cd jammed way in the back. I couldn't figure out what to do. I'm not a big tech guy so I'm kind of dumb and I didn't know how to take the xbox apart. So I grabbed some needle nose pliers and literally, had to rip the cd out of their, with a lot of strength! The cd ended up breaking in half, and having chips all over it. I don't even know what happened, but I guess I'm kind of stupid. I put halo 2 in and it works fine now, but Im not pressing that eject button any time soon as the thought of my LE halo 2 being turned into a useless cd scares me.

RockTheCasba
12-08-2004, 10:11 PM
man that sucks

lllusion
12-08-2004, 10:14 PM
great story, will read again a++ - ebay customer

anyways, man thats a scary tought i would have tested it out various time before sticking in halo 2 LE!

Xer0Mercy
12-08-2004, 11:26 PM
That doesn't make any sense. You had to of tipped the Xbox in some manner in between you turning the movie off and ejecting the disc. If the DVD was in there and was working, there's no way that the tray wouldn't return the DVD like it's suppose to.

Variation-XBA
12-09-2004, 02:27 AM
And thats what you get for watching/owning that movie ;)

ConceaLinShadow
12-09-2004, 03:01 PM
I would have panicked too, but I wouldn’t have gotten the CD out with needle nose pliers, that doesn’t seem to bright....

BlindSniper
12-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah, guess it wasn't to bright, but it seems to be working now. I'm thinking maybe the sticker on top of the actual cd may have done something. Stupid movie story preowned dvds....

ShaDovV RyDer
12-09-2004, 05:37 PM
I had a dream like this once and my xbox kept eating my games and when I had no games left to feed it it ate me and then I awoke to a wet bed...

but um sry about you DVD :)

wbio
12-09-2004, 06:18 PM
And thats what you get for watching/owning that movie ;)
Yea, you think it might have been trying to tell you something? ;)

super_ryu
12-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Well i suppose that the dvd mustve slipped out of the tray during the time you were edjecting. It couldnt of slipped before that, or else the dvd you were watching wouldve froze or something

ramprider0
12-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Jeez man thats scary, if that happend to me I'd be soo paranoid everytime I put it a disk in.

Cheat
12-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Thats scary... thats horrible... Good thing i got into a habit of taking out my games or dvd's when i turn it off. Cause my xbox makes bad noises when it starts up with a disk inside. I keep thinking that the cd's are getting scratched.