PDA

View Full Version : Advice on buying an Xbox FPS master controller

Mayer
12-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi viewers,
I recently stopped by my local Babbages and saw a very awkward looking controller for the xbox...it was the FPS Master controller and with me being obsessed with halo I decided to look closer at it...It's weird because I've never liked any controls for the xbox that aren't made by microsoft...but something about this one just seems friggin awesome. I love the layout of the buttons and the controller itself doesn't feel like a cheaply made controller (Like all mad catz controllers). I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on whether I should purchase this controller or not...Please write back with suggestions...Thanks
Mayer

CRAYMAN
12-09-2004, 03:48 PM
It is a good concept, but of poor quality. It never really took off.

stormin4
12-09-2004, 04:21 PM
I personally would not buy one and the reason is, when it wears out and you need a new one, will the company still be making them? If not, then you have to re-learn the original controller scheme again. That's just my personal opinion. I've also attached a picture for anyone who doesn't know what it looks like. :)

LeoBreaker
12-09-2004, 08:38 PM
i've used one before and the button configuration isn't that great

super_ryu
12-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Just wait until an upgraded version comes out so you dont have to waste money on re-buying it

Reclaimer
12-09-2004, 09:26 PM
A friend of mine swears by that controller. He has it and loves it. But, I've played with it and I hate it. The buttons around the grips are hard for me to get used to. I'm so used to the S-Type controller. I played one campaign level with it and put it away because I felt spastic and I was doing a lot of unintentional jumping and meleeing.

skorp
12-10-2004, 01:23 AM
The controller was alright... I have a couple of friends who bought them. They kinda liked it. As for me I couldn't get use to the pinky or ring finger buttons. :bang:

When I tried so hard to be proficient with it for awhile then go back to the controller S... it screwed things up! lol

mordecai
12-10-2004, 04:14 PM
I own one and I found it really usefull. IT just seems like a good idea and it works in practice but it isn't amazing. It broke on me 2 months after I bought it, one of the trigger springs snapped. The company was really nice about it, they offered to fix it for free and pay for the shipping back to me but I had to ship it to them. The problem was that I live in Vancouver, Canada and they're in Texas. It would ahve costed me more to ship it then to buy a new one. Maybe I was just really unlucky because the only problem I have with it was it's durability not it's ability.

Regosnot
12-10-2004, 09:28 PM
I saw it in EB and looked neat but I didn't get it. It would take me too long to get used to the feel of it.

Mitchell
12-13-2004, 01:42 AM
It looks like an LCD handheld game

Mayer
01-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Well I got the controller...thanks for all the posts, and the controller is pretty sweet...the only problem with it so far is the fact that the aiming joystick is too sensitive and feels a little cheap....other than that, I would recommend this controller to every halo player. Thanks again,
Mayer

Em0</3
01-22-2005, 01:55 PM
I still prefer my customized duke controller :cool: