PDA

View Full Version : HD Cables and DVD Playback

Dirty DeStrO
12-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Will the picture be better than a standard DVD player if I play DVD's through my XBOX with the MONSTER HD Cables??

**I hope they don't sue me for that**

Chaotic
12-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Will the picture be better than a standard DVD player if I play DVD's through my XBOX with the MONSTER HD Cables??

**I hope they don't sue me for that**

Not unless you are already using component video cables on your regular dvd player.

If your'e just using composite video cables or an S-video cable from your regular DVD player then Yes, the video quality will be better using the xbox and it's HD Pak.

Crazy Joe
12-10-2004, 02:50 PM
wouldnt it depend too if his regular DVD player had progressive scan, because Xbox doesnt?

Chaotic
12-10-2004, 02:58 PM
wouldnt it depend too if his regular DVD player had progressive scan, because Xbox doesnt?

Right, only progressive scan dvd players have component video.. At least all the ones i've seen :watchout:

Dirty DeStrO
12-10-2004, 03:02 PM
thanks ...

Spaztic
12-10-2004, 04:19 PM
The xbox actually had progressive dvd playback but for some reason it is turned off in the software. Kinda Ghey if you ask me!

Crazy Joe
12-10-2004, 05:20 PM
The xbox actually had progressive dvd playback but for some reason it is turned off in the software. Kinda Ghey if you ask me!

something to do with rights and having to pay for it or something