PDA

View Full Version : What HALO multiplayer "games" do you play?

samslophead
02-05-2002, 12:49 PM
What kind of silly "games" do you play in the multiplayer mode of HALO? The games do not necessarily have to be real, set-up events or game modes. For example, I used to play "The Thing in the Basement" in the 4-player mode of GOLDENEYE with friends. We set up the game so it was 3-on-1, in the Basement, no radar, one hit kills, with pistols. The catch is that the player fighting against the 3 others had to be Oddjob (because he is short, and harder to aim at), and this player could only kill by slapping. It was cool because the basement is dark (even darker if you turn the brightness on the TV down), you can't tell where Oddjob is because there is no radar, and it ends up being a very even game because the pistols do not shoot rapidly whereas Oddjob can kill very rapidly.

>>Anyway, we played "Target Practice" in HALO. It's very easy to set up, and amusing for at least 5 minutes. All you need is to go to an arena with no ceiling, rocket launchers, and infinite grenades. Have one player nearly kill himself, and position him between the other 3 players. The nearly dead player should then throw a grenade under his feet, and just before it explodes, jump and fire a rocket straight below him. The grenade and rocket will fire his dead body high into the air, making him a great "target" for the 3 other players. The game is especially fun if the other 3 players can juggle the dead body in the air with multiple rocket shots.

>>So what stupid games do you guys play?

Plewis
02-05-2002, 01:56 PM
we get in the warthogs, and try to get the other one to flip over, and then run them over when they are trying to get back in, on blood gulch of course

BiohazardEHW
02-05-2002, 03:28 PM
Demolition Derby with the warthogs on top of the map in sidewinder...

XxeGoxX
02-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
we get in the warthogs, and try to get the other one to flip over, and then run them over when they are trying to get back in, on blood gulch of course

I agree

Alec
02-05-2002, 04:28 PM
I don't get it whats the big deal about Blood Gulch? Its a good level, but Sidewinder is just as good if not better.

Just a thought. :)

Huckleberry
02-07-2002, 09:42 AM
since we usually have 12-16 people playing, it makes it a bit hard to get too whacked out, but we have done a lot of invisible, no radar (everything we do has no radar) only rocket launcher rounds...good times!

there have been a couple of times when one team or the other was getting blown out, and they could be found making masterchief pyramids along some wall. it's pretty simple. get three guys next to each other, then two jump up on those guys, and the last guy jumps off a tower or wall to the top of the pyramid

BiohazardEHW
02-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
masterchief pyramids

Oh how I;d love to stoot a rocket into the middle of one of those :)