PDA

View Full Version : Who here plays Halo on Gamespy?

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Let me know, I would like to add you dudes to my player list or just simply looks you dudes up so we can pow a few games out on-line. Also, include your Gamespy nickname.

Mine is "Maximus", just as it is here on XBA :)

JJaX
02-05-2002, 01:50 PM
You beat me to it Max ;)

Yeah, everyone who plays on gamespy reply with there nick name. Then when the threads dying we can make a complete list :D

NAMES
JJaX
Nik2deep <----------Friend

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 02:02 PM
I must admit, my screen name is Maximus on gamespy...but, while playing the game itself on my TV, I use a different nickname. I have several that I switch from depending on how I'm feeling that day :)

So, when you see me on your computer, I'm "Maximus", but, on your TV screen I will be one of these:

Muff Diver ;)
Spanky :eek:
Papsmear :confused:
Crack Whore :p

hehe...I have many more...but, I thought I'd share those with you all :D

maneatingcow
02-05-2002, 02:05 PM
Ack... people ALLWAYS read my mind when I am almost done making something...

Right now I am making a page to help sort the names. When you get some names, e-mail them to xbaonline@animejunction.com. I am adding a search feature to help find members....

Ninja Scroll
02-05-2002, 02:06 PM
I dont, but if anyone is willing to contribute to the new "ninja relief fund for a new PC" we are excepting orders as I speak!
Credit Cards donations only please.

:D

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 02:41 PM
Maneating..what is your nickname on Gamespy? You didn't mention it and I KNOW you are on there, too :D

Also, everyone....write your Gamespy nicknames here...we are putting together an official list...actually, maneatingcow is...This is gonna be sweet! Man, I love XBA :D

DT21
02-05-2002, 02:50 PM
How do you change the name on your XBox, you know when the game is launching it says a different name from the one you have on Gamespy.

JJaX
02-05-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by DT21
How do you change the name on your XBox, you know when the game is launching it says a different name from the one you have on Gamespy.

Edit profile......

Something like that. Just check the menus on the top. Real easy...

Hey we shoudl also add our names to our Sigs.

Example:

Gamespy ID
JJaX

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Edit profile......

Something like that. Just check the menus on the top. Real easy...

Hey we shoudl also add our names to our Sigs.

Example:

Gamespy ID
JJaX

Dude! Brilliant idea! I'm doing that right now :D

Xtopia
02-05-2002, 03:00 PM
I'm on gamespy all the time...I sure am lovin it! :D my gamespy id is "xtopia" by the way max i was on a few nights ago and i played a maximus not sure if it was you. But look me up and ill play you.

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by xtopia
I'm on gamespy all the time...I sure am lovin it! :D my gamespy id is "xtopia" by the way max i was on a few nights ago and i played a maximus not sure if it was you. But look me up and ill play you.

Dude, if I recall, I think I remember your nickname! Nice, dude! Also, if I recall, I whipped your ass :D hehe...jk...I don't remember that...but, I think I did actually play you! Cool, dude...hey, add your Gamespy ID to your signature! JJax had a brilliant idea!

DT21
02-05-2002, 03:38 PM
Check out my sig.:).

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 03:38 PM
Dudes...I know there are more than 5 people on Gamespy...lol

By the way, DT21...you didn't say what your Gamespy nickname was, man!

aronx
02-05-2002, 04:03 PM
Gamespy nick:

Death_To_Maximus

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by aronx
Gamespy nick:

Death_To_Maximus

D a m n, that was funny.

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by The Fn Show
i played it for like a few months im tired of it now..i go sometimes and my name is "CVKING"

im playing Moh:AA now..moved on to bigger and better thangz:cool:

Dude! No way! I remember kicking the crap out of you! hehe :D

DT21
02-05-2002, 04:18 PM
Dang it, can anyone see my sig?

maneatingcow
02-05-2002, 04:19 PM
nope... image is not showing up.

List Update: Ready within 30 minutes....

fanofslipknotib
02-05-2002, 04:19 PM
My name is Fanofslipknotibe

Same as my name here, just with the "e" at the end, it wouldnt fit whne I registered here at XBA.

Oh, and Maximus...I seem to remember you as Muff Diver:)

DT21
02-05-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by maneatingcow-XBA
nope... image is not showing up.

List Update: Ready within 30 minutes....
Any help on how to make it work? I uploaded it up on my geocities web page...

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
My name is Fanofslipknotibe

Same as my name here, just with the "e" at the end, it wouldnt fit whne I registered here at XBA.

Oh, and Maximus...I seem to remember you as Muff Diver:)

Nice, dude! Yeah, when you first saw "Muff Diver", did the name not crack you up?!?!? lol :D I'll be on tonight, but, I'll be solo. This Friday night, however, I will have a total of 3 or 4 dudes :)

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 04:33 PM
maximus..do u have moh..Cuz i DO remember playin someone named "maximus" but he said he's not from XBA..lol
im being serious

No, I don't have Medal of Honor...I would really like to, though. If you ever play Halo again, mine is "Maximus" with no spaces or numbers :)

CALzinger
02-05-2002, 04:35 PM
i pretty much need lots of help with getting on gamespy. i got all the programs and stuff, but i think im missing some cables and crap. i dont got a hub, but i got a cable modem. i dont have a system link cable. im not a genius in technical vocabulary, but i do know a bit. can anyone explain what i need, why i need it, and how i use it?

CALzinger
02-05-2002, 04:38 PM
or maybe even a diagram?

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
i pretty much need lots of help with getting on gamespy. i got all the programs and stuff, but i think im missing some cables and crap. i dont got a hub, but i got a cable modem. i dont have a system link cable. im not a genius in technical vocabulary, but i do know a bit. can anyone explain what i need, why i need it, and how i use it?

CAL, say no more, dude. I will explain what I know to you:

This is what you need:

1. Computer (of course)
2. Broadband Internet access (Cable, DSL, etc...)
3. HUB (or Switch) - make sure it's 10/100
4. A total of three CAT 5 cables (NOT CROSSOVERS - just standard CAT 5 cables).
5. Gamespy Arcade software and Gamespy Tunnel Software (free downloads at www.gamespyarcade.com )

That's it! Now, this is how you hook it up:

1. Take your cable modem and attach one end of a CAT 5 cable into it. The other end goes into the "uplink" port on the back of your HUB (or Switch).
2. From port 1 (for example - because it can actually be any port) on your HUB (or Switch), attach another CAT 5 cable into it and the other end into your computer (back of the CPU - called an Ethernet port - don't worry, it's the only port it can plug into)
3. From port 2 on the HUB (or Switch), plug the final CAT 5 cable into it and the othe end into the back of your XBox. A green LED light will go on right above the input on the back of the XBox.

Note: If you have a Switch, it may have a Firewall...this needs to be disabled if you want to create your own game in the Gamespy forum. If there is no firewall, no worries.

Also note: This set up will allow you to use your internet anytime...you don't have to move the HUB (or Switch) or disconnect it. Everything works like a charm!

To get on-line:

Simply open up Gamespy Arcade and select connect. Go to the XBox icon and you will see "Halo", "Tony Hawk 2X", and "Nascar Heat".

To play Halo:

On your TV, select System Link Gameplay and pick your character! That's it! It's just like having two or more XBoxes at home hooked up in System Link play, but, it's on-line! It works the exact same way :)

Let me know if you have any questions! Remember not to make it more complicated than it is, it's really easy! I also am a computer novice and even I figured this out after some help! Your buddies won't stop calling you after they have played Halo on-line! No joke!!! Enjoy!

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 04:49 PM
oh..i though it was "Max-i-pad-imus"

lol

ya i might play..it's kinda laggy though

Dude, it's vital to play people that have a ping lower than 130, otherwise, you will incur lag. Also, if the host is using only Cable or DSL, no more than three total XBoxes with low pings works without, or just minimal, lag :) You probably already know this...but, in case you didn't

maneatingcow
02-05-2002, 06:04 PM
The XBoxAddict Game Spy Member List:

http://xboxeggs.com/xba/

Yes, I know, it has no members, but start submitting! Help it to grow :D

Don't forget to tell me what you think of it....

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 06:19 PM
The XBoxAddict Game Spy Member List:

http://xboxeggs.com/xba/

Yes, I know, it has no members, but start submitting! Help it to grow :D

Don't forget to tell me what you think of it....

Cool!!! Maneatingcow, you are da man, bro! It's nice to have a nice organized list like this. Thanks for all of your strong efforts in creating this!

maneatingcow
02-05-2002, 06:21 PM
And lack of sanity... I am still stairing down 2 essays I have to write... but then I see my XBox out of the corner of my eye.....

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 06:30 PM
And lack of sanity... I am still stairing down 2 essays I have to write... but then I see my XBox out of the corner of my eye.....

lol...hey, just think this...it will help you:

~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~ ~~Halo on-line~~

maneatingcow
02-05-2002, 06:34 PM
Maximus, you bastard.

Anywho, think it's a good idea to have all XBA gamespy users add the [XBA]- tag infront of their usernames? Just a thought....

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 06:39 PM
Maximus, you bastard.

hehe :D

Anywho, think it's a good idea to have all XBA gamespy users add the [XBA]- tag infront of their usernames? Just a thought....

Not a bad idea! :confused:

maneatingcow
02-05-2002, 07:18 PM
Anywho, I am done messing with the list for the day.
I added you Maximus, so all could try it out, and I added my username to my sig, for all to glare at.

Make sure if you use Game Spy, you sign up below, so we can get some XBA Battle Royals going :)

[shameless plug] http://xboxeggs.com/xba/ [/shameless plug]

l Maximus l
02-06-2002, 12:56 PM
Wow, there have been several submittals already...nice! Thanks again, Maneating! Excellent idea :)

XBOX MSSC
02-06-2002, 01:31 PM
"XBOX-MSSC-XBA" Just look for the beer ;)

PS I'm alive my computer died but i'm still here :)

l Maximus l
02-06-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by XBOX MSSC
"XBOX-MSSC-XBA" Just look for the beer ;)

PS I'm alive my computer died but i'm still here :)

Nice, dude! I have a new beer buddy!! :D

xboxman_1
02-06-2002, 10:04 PM
I am undefeatable----my name is Redman and I usually play with a dude named Triplex. (Actually I'm very defeatable....but mostly becuase of lag and the game not registering when i've shot someone and when i havent....)

l Maximus l
02-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
I am undefeatable----my name is Redman and I usually play with a dude named Triplex. (Actually I'm very defeatable....but mostly becuase of lag and the game not registering when i've shot someone and when i havent....)

Dude, have you signed up on the XBA list? Scroll up and look for Maneatingcow's post!