PDA

View Full Version : Sega Being Bought By Microsoft?

Aaron
08-03-2001, 03:16 AM
Could Microsoft buy Sega?

According to reports out of Japan, a large shareholder of Sega, CSK Group, may be looking to offload their shares in the near future. "Microsoft believes it is necessary to expand with private companies to help Xbox be a success. Because Sega doesn't have an inflated price they are very tempting indeed," said a game industry source. While this is all speculation at this stage, having Sega on board full-time would be a major boost for the Xbox's first-party line-up.

Some analysts believe the extremely wealthy Microsoft company is the front-runner to pick up the Sega shares. However, it seems Sega would have to agree to such a large transfer of company ownership.

Woooooo yknow what will happen if this goes through? Nice stuff, very nice stuff

Door69
08-03-2001, 03:23 AM
i hope this deal happens i love sega and (almost) all the games ill keep my fingers crossed;)

Aaron
08-03-2001, 07:55 AM
me 2.. if they acquire sega it will be only time before they grab Square. Then it will be a clean sweep

thedrisc
08-03-2001, 09:44 AM
if microsoft bought sega they would not keep segas games on one platform only. they are to smart for that.

Craiz
08-03-2001, 10:47 AM
Right, they would focus on XBox first, then ship versions for other platforms. I mean MS produces their Offic software for Mac. So they definitely would not keep sega exclusive to XBox.

This whole idea is interesting, I would not be suprised if MS is planning to purchase a console game company.

xboxlover
08-03-2001, 01:14 PM
I would love to see a sonicx with added gore.

CodeScribe
08-03-2001, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't put it past MS to buy up the stock. They've already bought other game developers like Bungee (maker of Halo).

Aaron
08-03-2001, 06:16 PM
ive said it before and i'll say it again, i dont care how something does in japan, nor does it matter here. This is a USA console, if it does good in the US, then it will do well, unlike GC which relys on japan support, which it will likely get due to nintendos willingness to drop 20 mahjonng titles 2 horse racing and 14 dating sims to impress the japs.

Aaron
08-03-2001, 07:26 PM
ah another hypocritical comment. now, correct me if im wrong, but you said xbox will flop cause of the japs hating it correct? Well, now if we apply that theory to your comment about Nintendo doing well because of it being a japanese company, then wouldnt xbox do well in america due to it being from america? As for racist comments, nothing racist was in there, you must be mighty insecure about yourself or this race your tryin to defend at every post you say someone is racist. And yes mahjonng games and dating sims are planned for gamecube

Spuz
08-04-2001, 06:50 PM
Sega doesn't have a choice in who their stock gets sold to, it's up to the company or person who owns the stock on who they sell it to. Well, that's the stock market.. it's a *****.

Miyazaki-san
08-06-2001, 09:40 AM
FuNiOnZ-

ah another hypocritical comment. now, correct me if im wrong, but you said xbox will flop cause of the japs hating it correct?

No, I never said that.

Well, now if we apply that theory to your comment about Nintendo doing well because of it being a japanese company, then wouldnt xbox do well in america due to it being from america?

Uh... :confused:

As for racist comments, nothing racist was in there,

You were bashing the Japanese culture.

you must be mighty insecure about yourself or this race your tryin to defend at every post you say someone is racist.

Well, racism is a serious topic. There are MANY people who take it very seriously no matter how big or little the comment was.

And yes mahjonng games and dating sims are planned for gamecube

Link.