PDA

View Full Version : Japanese X-box controllers?

Dave
02-05-2002, 02:04 PM
Anyone know if the Japanese X-box controllers will be sold in the U.S.? I saw a picture of them, and they look way better than the American controllers. I went with Mad Cat's for extra controllers, and we take turns with who is the guy screwed with the controller that came with the x-box, because the buttons are just way to close together on the microsoft controllers, and we wind up hitting the wrong button by accident a lot with that hunk a junk. The controller being to thick was not much of a problem, but was not as comphortable as all out other controllers, but the buttons crammed together as well will make this controller a decoration in my closet here soon.

The Japanese controller not only has buttons that are spaced apart, but it is not as big either. I like the design a hell of a lot better than all the U.S. X-box controllers, and would appreciate it if someone could let me know if or when this controller will hit the U.S.

l Maximus l
02-05-2002, 02:10 PM
I'm not positive that the Japanese controller would be available in the US or not...But, I don't imagine it will any time soon...but, we'll see.

Personally, I absolutely love the genuine XBox controllers. I think that the button alignment is perfect and I am quite happy with mine. They feel like they were custom made for my hands or something. I didn't go with Mad Catz because I make it a general rule of thumb never to purchase third party controllers. It's just a preference...nothing more than that. I suppose that once you get really used to the genuine XBox controller, you won't even notice or have any issues with it. I took me about 10 minutes to really start to get things down for maneuvering through the controller while playing games.

Try grabbing an N64 controller or a PS1 or PS2 controller after playing with the XBox controllers! They feel so cheap!! Also, if you want to go really crazy, just grab one of the new LameCube controllers...lol...those things are a joke! They look like they were made by Parker Bros. or something!

spy_spirit
02-05-2002, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure if U will B able to buy it in the US but U will B able to buy it on the internet, here: http://www.lik-sang.com/ (http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=82&products_id=1634&) The jap controller is not avaliblible now, but will be avalible after Feb. 22 2002.