PDA

View Full Version : Xboxaddict Interview Series: What game do you want to see an interview for next?

Reclaimer
12-17-2004, 10:22 PM
OK guys, as part of the content creation process here I need some help from the members. I want you to pitch ideas out on games you want to see an interview from the developer.
The stipulation is that the game must have a release date no more than 6-8 months out. No sooner and not much later than that.
The reason why is that developers are much less willing to talk about their games that are coming out while their still in the design process. They're pretty secretive about games they're working out. Plus it alleviates promoting a game that ends up changing completely before it comes out.
We have very good ties with industry, so no developer is truly out of the question.
Though in the past I've had very bad luck getting EA and Bungie to come about.
However, Ubisoft and Microsoft studios always come through for us.
But, anyone can be pitched to promote their game.
Stephen or myself will take a game interview to our contact at MS Canada and they work the contacts for us.
I've put out a ton of interviews for this site, and I have a 90% success rate. We've been blown off before.. thanks alot to Infogrames/Atari, Eidos and Acclaim for that.

OK, to make this easier, these are the games I've done or have interviews waiting to return from..

EDIT:
Do not post these games in this list below. I've already done them. Post something else.
Star Craft Ghost
Pain Killer
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Cold Fear
The Shield
Tron
Star Wars Republic Commando (I think I just got blown off..)
Sudeki
Jade Empire
MX Vs ATV Unleashed
Close Combat: First To Fight
Far Cry: Instincts
Narc
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
...again, the games you just read I have already done something for. Find a different title.

Other than that.. here's your chance to get info about the games you want.
Once I get the go ahead from the appropriate resources, I'll even set up what I've done in the past and let the members ask the questions.

There you go. Have at it!

thrAsher
12-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Admit it, REC, you miss me.

:)

Why is Suck-deki in that lineup? Just wondering. I'd love a go at the Bioware boys to get some inside dirt on Jade. That game is gonna sell like turkeys in November.

Reclaimer
12-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Stephen tracked me down and said he needed a Sudeki interview in 24 hours, so we pounded that one out.

I hope we don't get blown off for the Jade Empire one. That was a good interview.

No Fear 23
12-17-2004, 10:43 PM
StarCraft and Far Cry Instincts are the ones that interest me

Koopa
12-17-2004, 11:08 PM
1-Jade Empire
2-SC:Ghost
3-Star Wars Commando

Darkside
12-18-2004, 02:39 AM
1)Star Craft Ghost
2)Jade Empire
3)Far Cry: Instincts

Reclaimer
12-18-2004, 03:20 AM
OK.. Now, how about tossing me something I haven't already done.

Sexaya
12-18-2004, 04:01 AM
Jade Empire, definitely. Though an interview with Sega about the EA NFL purchase would be very nice, just to see if they can do anything about it.

But from those, Jade Empire and Far Cry: Instincts.

Duke
12-18-2004, 04:51 AM
The Games Listed Are Games He's Already Done. He Is Looking For Other Ideas.

Sexaya
12-18-2004, 05:00 AM
Ah, clearer. So yeah an interview with Sega about the EA NFL purchase would be great, and also with the guys that are making the Oddworld: Stranger game. Oh, and perhaps Ubisoft about Splinter Cell 3.

SPARTAN VI
12-18-2004, 05:09 AM
The Games Listed Are Games He's Already Done. He Is Looking For Other Ideas.

:rofl:

n00bs! :)

How about RainbowSix 4, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Brothers in Arms. If I understood correctly, XBA has great relations with Ubisoft and all 3 of these games are Ubisoft. :)

Rec,I think you might want to edit that first post so peeps don't keep saying the same thing.

Casper
12-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Midway about the new Playmakers game - and while you're at it, ask them if they plan on making the Hitz series like it used to be - FUN.

LTM360
12-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Definately Playmakers, Brothers In Arms, Rainbow Six 4, Let's see...
DOOM 3, and Chaos Theory, a few I could think of.

Oh yeah; Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Just to find out if there will be any online incorperation for the Xbox version.

No Fear 23
12-18-2004, 01:22 PM
halo 3

lax_defense
12-18-2004, 02:25 PM
hmm...

Perfect Dark Zero, Conker

Thats all I can think of now.

mordecai
12-19-2004, 01:51 AM
You've got to do one on Stranger. The ideas that come out of Oddowrld Inhabitants are just insane.

Viper87227
12-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Brother in Arms or HL2 (xbox)

Cryogenic Pyro
12-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Forza Motorsports? Has that been done yet?

AlphaCigara
12-19-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm interested in hearing about Kameo: Elements of Power (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/not_released.php?Product_ID=483) and Timesplitters Future Perfect (http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=4672)

Snowblind
12-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Stubbs the Zombie, Doom 3, Darkwatch, 25 to Life.

SilentTango
12-20-2004, 01:27 AM
How about Mercenaries or The Punisher?

Mitchell
12-20-2004, 02:17 AM
Im looking forward to GTA:SA, and thats fitting in with the time-zone

mrmp3
12-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Darkwatch or Conker's.

Max33
12-21-2004, 02:17 PM
How about Lionhead studios under the pretense of any further possible xbox projects,then use the oppertunity to nail em and make fork over those supposed undiscoverd fable secrets?

We spent the 50 bones,I figger they owe us.

ramprider0
12-21-2004, 04:44 PM
I'd like hear from Midway about Area 51!

CMX Jedi
12-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Conker

Rhiannon
12-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Conker, Stubbs the Zombie, Advent Rising, Thats all I can think of other than what you have allready mentioned, Reclaimer.

m4oH
12-24-2004, 10:07 AM
:rofl:

n00bs! :)

How about RainbowSix 4, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Brothers in Arms. If I understood correctly, XBA has great relations with Ubisoft and all 3 of these games are Ubisoft. :)

Rec,I think you might want to edit that first post so peeps don't keep saying the same thing.
n00b!!! :D He mentioned SC: Chaos Theory :p

How about Mercenaries Ya I want to know about that one to

SPARTAN VI
12-24-2004, 07:33 PM
n00b!!! :D He mentioned SC: Chaos Theory :p
Ya I want to know about that one to

I think he edited that in after I posted. ;)

TheCovenant
12-31-2004, 05:03 PM
I think he edited that in after I posted. ;)

......n00b.

1)BROTHER'S IN ARMS
2)Bungie on plans after halo (i know that's an impossible request, but worth a shot)
3)BROTHER'S IN ARMS
4)rainbow 6 4...i guess. im tired of this series.
5)BROTHER'S IN ARMS
6)Microfsoft on any xbox 2 confirmations
7)BROTHER'S IN ARMS

i think i got my point across...

Reclaimer
12-31-2004, 06:44 PM
OK, good work guys, keep it up. I'm working on getting Rainbow 4 and Conkers for us.
As soon as we get it, I'll make it a Member's Submitted questions interview.

MXracer721
01-10-2005, 04:01 PM
where is the interview for MX vs. ATV Unleashed? You say its done, is it just not posted yet? If it is, where is it? Thx

Reclaimer
01-11-2005, 10:48 PM
where is the interview for MX vs. ATV Unleashed? You say its done, is it just not posted yet? If it is, where is it? Thx

I submitted that interview a long time ago and I have not heard from the developer about it.
Once I get an interview back, it gets a feature headline and is run for a week.
After that, you can see all the interviews we've done if you click on Editorial from the menu bar and then Interviews.
From that list, I've coordinated all the interviews since December 03 starting at Full Spectrum Warrior.

MXracer721
01-12-2005, 01:02 PM
I submitted that interview a long time ago and I have not heard from the developer about it.
Once I get an interview back, it gets a feature headline and is run for a week.
After that, you can see all the interviews we've done if you click on Editorial from the menu bar and then Interviews.
From that list, I've coordinated all the interviews since December 03 starting at Full Spectrum Warrior.
alright thanks.

mattgame
01-15-2005, 09:49 PM
This was mentioned but I'd say HL2 and if there is another Ninja Gaiden coming out.

SamSmith
01-16-2005, 11:51 AM
HL2... i wish, have hardly heard anything on this one

Reclaimer
01-22-2005, 08:30 AM
OK, Punisher is out because it's already released. Brothers in Arms comes out next month, so that's out of the time frame.

I did get some pre-notice that Unreal Championship 2 might be coming my way, but not yet.

I'm writing your ideas down, by the way.

What happens is that we pitch game companies to Microsoft Canada's PR guys in the Xbox division. They look at it and contact the companies for us and tell them about us.
If they bite, then they contact us. If they don't, they crap on us.

I'm working for you, guys. Keep the ideas coming, and I'll figure something out.

Viper87227
01-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Dunno if its been said, but how about Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivian. That game seems to be getting alot of hype latly. I think Battlefield: Mordern Combat coudl be another good one. I can think of some good questions to ask, expecially with it being on both Xbox and Xbox2.

SPARTAN VI
01-23-2005, 12:23 AM
......n00b.

STFU NUB!

Wh...Wh...Wh-Who's a mod?

Young_Fledgling
02-06-2005, 10:00 PM
i think we need an interview for wrestlemania yo... thta would be tite :D

Reclaimer
02-10-2005, 11:08 PM
OK, I'm working on some ideas here. But in the meantime, Rainbow Six Lockdown and Cold Fear just got done and sent in.

BlindSniper
02-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I think we definitely need some interviews for The Suffering 2. After playing for the first, I am very curious of the improvements. The game seems amazingly deep this time around, with newly added strategic elements such as dual wielding and crouching. They say "insanity mode" will be used a lot more this time around, it'd be great to know more about this. They have also said of taken a halo approach, and now only 2 weapons can be carried at a time (but there is huge variety). I would really like to know more in-depth how the multiple endings/beginnings work, and what kind of interaction there will be with: environment, other people, explosives, etc. I could come up with a good load of questions about this, especially with the new environment, weapons, monsters and fright factor.

Just an idea, I would REALLY like to learn more about this game. Although I don't know too much on the release date....

CRAYMAN
02-28-2005, 11:48 AM
How 'bout interviews for games that no one else does?

I never knew anything about Triggerman and others that I see on the shelves for $20 or less.

thrAsher
02-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Can we get in touch w/ the guys responsible for 'Psychonauts'? Mark my words, this will be one of the 'sleeper hits' of the year, if not the entire generation.

Another game I'd like to get some info on is the Xbox version of 'The Movies'. Lionhead is pretty good about catering to the gaming community. Hell, when I was on staff, I had an exclusive interview done w/ Fable's then community 'pet' which I set up over a PM (not that anybody ever gave me the go ahead to post it on the front page :whistle: ).

iloveRPGs
02-28-2005, 03:09 PM
It might be to close to a release but I'd love to learn more about Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition.

The Movies would be awesome to, like thrasher said.

NephilimTX
03-20-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure what stage it is in right now. All I've heard is rumors of the XB3 and GR3 release dates. I've heard they did a 56k on the new Rainbow.

I'm kind of curious to know if they are going to go more customized with the new characters on live play. And if there will be any contained urban buildings for CQB.

And you know I'm curious about the open range stuff too. :D

NephilimTX
03-21-2005, 08:22 PM
How about ghost recon 3, or the exp. pack that I hear is comeing before 3.

Just curious. :confused:

Variation-XBA
03-21-2005, 08:56 PM
I'd want to see one onk Conkers

Reclaimer
03-22-2005, 06:39 PM
OK, keep the submissions coming. As of right now, I think my reign as the king of interviews will come to an end here due to me taking a new real life job with a different schedule in the next 2 months. However, there will be a replacement for the interview king and this thread will be be important to whoever this will be.

Keep your ideas coming.
Just to let you know what has in the last month or so..
Rainbow Six Lockdown got answered and published in record time.
ATV was published recently.
No response yet from Ubi Soft on Cold Fear.
NARC ships this month and my interview submitted 6 months ago has never been answered.
Lucas Arts blew me off for my SW Rep-Com interview.
The latest wrestling game, I tried to make a user submitted interview and it failed due to lack of interest from the members.
Forza.. gaining hype.. thankfully my interview was answered and published long ago.

That will about cover what's happened in my interview world over the last few months.

PapaSKooT
03-22-2005, 06:44 PM
That was the best multi-post series EVER!

Reclaimer
03-22-2005, 06:49 PM
That was the best multi-post series EVER!

That was really strange. I think I accidentally bumped my mouse with my coffee cup and it clicked on submit reply while I was still typing. The forum produced a new post with every new word until I was done typing.

Very strange..

OneMaverick
04-12-2005, 02:27 PM
An interview about the new Blitz game called "The League". Mainly because its dealing with subject matter that the NFL wouldnt let them cover. And I would like to know what midway thinks of EA's and the NFL's marriage.

StudioAlex
04-21-2005, 12:59 PM
elder scrolls: oblivion

JTskater812
05-12-2005, 03:56 PM
The only game I care about is San Andreas. I am going to go completely crazy when that game comes out.

kakstos
05-28-2005, 12:29 AM
hi my name is kakstos

you are calling crazyman crazy you do not what get me crazy i bite

kakstos
05-28-2005, 12:41 AM
:cool:
hi my name is kakstos

you are calling crayman crazy you do not what get me crazy i bite

kakstos
05-28-2005, 12:43 AM
http://vampirology.bizhosting.com/kakistos.jpg

Viper87227
05-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Aparently someone need to learn how to not be an idiot. Lets start with the basics...

1.) Grammer is neat, use it.

2.) Staying on topic of the thread is also neat, try it (yeah I know, I know, I am breaking this one)

3.) Quoting yourself = lame.

4.) Three posts in a row = lamer.

5.) Three posts in a row that are totally off topic = STFU.

6.) Learn to host and display an image (not that it matters, im sure its got nothing to do with this thread)

7.) Edit button.

You may only be thirteen, but you need to grow up. If your going to act like a child, find a different forum where you will fit in. Here your going to find adults expecting you to act like an adult regardless of your age, so don't even think about using that as a krutch. Perhaps you shoudl print this and tape it to your monitor so you know how to behave the next time you feel like posting. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Well, the picture works now, but that doesnt change the fact that you put it in your post wrong...nor the fact that its off topic and doesnt belong, and its plain old just lame ass. Perhaps you shoudl quite while your ahead and just stop posting before your childish idiocy gets you banned.

Reclaimer
05-28-2005, 03:21 AM
Oh yeah.. maybe XBA needs a new interview coordinator since I don't work here anymore.

BlindSniper
07-06-2005, 04:27 PM
So, whats the deal on the interview business? Who is taking the spot, someone needs to do it, come on mods, step up and do some interviews!

Twistedcritts14
09-04-2005, 10:39 AM
blitz league

Duke
09-04-2005, 12:28 PM
this is a post.