PDA

View Full Version : Halo Warthog Jump - Greatest Movie!

gula
02-05-2002, 07:47 PM
From PlanetXbox.com

"Fly me to the moon...Halo style
Tuesday, February 5, 06:58 | Kevin |
Ladies and gentleman, the funniest Halo movie ever created has surfaced over at Halo.bungie.org. Titled the "Warthog Jump" the film shows the creative talents of one Randy Glass who apparently has come up with some interesting ways to make the Warthog take flight...literally! The video is in quicktime format and is available in two formats Hires (23.2mb) and Lores (10.3mb) (right click and select "save target as"). Run! don't walk over and check it out. While the links go to directly to the movies, they're not guaranteed to remain there. So be sure to head over to H.B.O and check out alternate ftp sites to get the file. Absolutely funny stuff!! "

For The Higher Version (23.2 Megs) Click This *Link Fixed!* (http://o2.homelanfed.com/misc/halo_warthog_jump_high.mov)

For The Lower Version (10.3 Megs) Click This (http://www.oz.net/~rglass/warthog/halo_warthog_jump_lowres.mov)

For Alternate FTP Downloads Click Here (http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=4117)

Here is the README on how to do it! (http://www.oz.net/~rglass/warthog/warthog%20README%20FIRST.html)

:D :D This has to be one of the funniest Halo movie I've ever seen, the music brings out some more humor! Each and everyone of you have to download this movie! :D :D

http://www.oz.net/~rglass/warthog/warthog_jump.jpg
*watches it fall down* *notices it is coming twords you* *RUNS!!* AHHHHHH!!!!

Edit Note: Fixed the image. And the image don't show the true quality of the video. They already took down those two images! Wow! But I fixed it for you people. :D

Another Edit Note: They took down the high quality version, I'll check tomorrow if they put it back up or I'll just find another mirror for you people, but for right now just download the low quality version.

And Another Edit Note: I put up the README on how to do it.

And And And Andddd Another Edit Note: I changed the high quality version link to fileplanet. I just checked, and I didn't even need to wait in line. So GO GO GO! Grab that High quality version.

Looks Like The Final Edit Note: The High Quality Link Was Changed To A Normal Website, Thanks adamw19. So no more FilePlanet.

maneatingcow
02-05-2002, 07:57 PM
OH DEAR GOD!
This post get's my stamp of approval!

*stamps*

That is the funniest **** thing I have seen all day!

jeah
02-05-2002, 08:00 PM
that is just plain cool!

GRAVEDIGGER
02-05-2002, 08:16 PM
I havent seen many exciting things in this forum(yet), but by far this is the best post i've seen, and seeing as how i've only been here for such a short while this kind of thing makes this board more fun. I left WWFWG boards because nothing happens there! hopefully some exciting things happen here with you civilized folks!

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Msterrrr
02-05-2002, 08:30 PM
that is the coolest halo trick ive seen by far:cool: lmao

Frostberg
02-05-2002, 08:48 PM
if only I could meet the guy that did this to personally thank him...what genuis! How he has the idea to start with, then even to add and do different things with flipping warthogs and marines is pretty dam* nice...

MEC, the funniest thing you have seen all day eh? Id say this is hands down the funniest thing Ive seen done in Halo! Its really...interesting...as well

Anyone up for some warthog jumping? lol

If only the hi-res one was up there, i want to see this bigger without looking so blocky

AHHHH! I found the hi-res movie on fileplanet! Heres a link for all who want to see the much better version
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/3dactionplanet/halo/halo_warthog_jump_high.zip
...dont even bother downloading the low-res version...if you have 56k start the hires one and go do something...eat dinner, take a shower, or play halo!

gula
02-05-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
if only I could meet the guy that did this to personally thank him...what genuis! How he has the idea to start with, then even to add and do different things with flipping warthogs and marines is pretty **** nice...

MEC, the funniest thing you have seen all day eh? Id say this is hands down the funniest thing Ive seen done in Halo! Its really...interesting...as well

Anyone up for some warthog jumping? lol

If only the hi-res one was up there, i want to see this bigger without looking so blocky

I downloaded it and I am looking for a server to upload on. Once I get it uploaded on my 56k, I'll put it on this site in the morning. I am looking into something at netfirms. Yes but for FilePlanet you have to wait 100 hours then you start to download..:rolleyes:

Azazel
02-05-2002, 09:04 PM
page is unavailable. site is down?

Frostberg
02-05-2002, 09:15 PM
Actually when I downloaded the movie, there was no wait for all 3 servers...

sinizuh
02-06-2002, 12:53 AM
that has got to be one of the funniest things since i saw a cheater got caught at a lan party... :D

gula
02-06-2002, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
that has got to be one of the funniest things since i saw a cheater got caught at a lan party... :D

1337 Machine: $2000

*throws the machine as the camera goes in slow motion, baaaaaaaaaaam, shatters everywhere*

-----
But anyway...

I am currently uploading, it was being a pain in the ass last nite.

The file will be under
http://gula.netfirms.com/halo_warthog_jump_high.mov
(at least I think so) It is currently 28 % done at 6:30 EST.

Edit Note: Sorry everyone that link is not currently up, I am currently at school and cannot load up the FTP. I will fix it when I get home. :( Which should be in 4 hours at around 3:30. But I'll make sure you people who didn't get to download the higher version, that you will get to see it. I promise you that. :p

gula
02-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Okay, I need some kind of free web hosting service that I can load up the movie, anyone know of a free service that exceedes 20 megs? I need 23.3 megs just to upload one file. I've been looking around and every hosting service is blocked at this school. Wont let me go there, so can anyone tell me of a service? Or else they can message me and I will send them the file and they can put it on their page? Or I'll give you the password to the FTP access at my page. And you can download it and put it on your site.

Plewis
02-06-2002, 10:45 AM
yeah http://www.50megs.com its pretty good

l Maximus l
02-06-2002, 12:22 PM
LMAO! Dude! Thanks gula! That was hilarious! lol...you gotta love the music, too :D

The part when the Warthog was flying down and he busted out the Rocket Luancher to shoot it was utterly classic! hehehe...thanks again!

gula
02-06-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
yeah http://www.50megs.com its pretty good

Trial - A great way to try our service and tools. No time limit and NO COST. You agree to display 50megs ads on your pages, present occasional pop-up ads and receive promotional emails. You can choose to upgrade your site later.
- 12 MB web space
- 256 K file size limit
- 512 MB bandwidth limit
- Limited Tools
- Limited Services

Pretty good eh? :( :rolleyes:

manboy
02-06-2002, 02:17 PM
Oh ******, I just posted that, didn't see your thread, lol. Post deleting time (and if I can't, one of you mods do the honor please?) =b

gula
02-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Okay, in about 2 hours or less, the high res movie will be up at

http://lgulal.0catch.com/halo_warthog_jump_high.mov .

At least I hope so... :rolleyes:

I'm determinded to get this file to you people! The FTP is uploading at 2.50 K/S. :(

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by manboy
Oh ******, I just posted that, didn't see your thread, lol. Post deleting time (and if I can't, one of you mods do the honor please?) =b
click the edit button next to quote and it gives you the option to delete the post

adamw19
02-06-2002, 05:50 PM
LOL the greatest movie i've ever seen for halo... that was awesome.. How did the warthog get so much air off of 1 grenade or was there grenades laying under it that blow up after you put one under the warthog?

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Yeah in the start he was showing you how he did it...he drove marines over, they hopped out and he shot them...then they dies and their nades fell on the ground, so he moved the warthog so that the grenades were on the back of the warthog, and then when he threw a nade under the front end, it blasted it up anc backa little, then the nades in the back went off and make the warthog spin and fly away

adamw19
02-06-2002, 06:08 PM
well i dunno about you guys but i'm gonna go give this a try. Could you also do it on like multiplayer on like the ice level? or just on co-op?

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 06:12 PM
you can do it anywhere, providing you have someone to kill. Are you talking about sidewinder? if so you should get the warthogs into the top base area where the sniper rifle and shotguns are...or try it with the ghost...lol even the scorpion...

adamw19
02-06-2002, 06:20 PM
HOLY! the scorpion ! that would be sweet.. you would need like 50 grenades.. great idea.

and also was the grandes under just that worthog or what did the other worthog to the left of it have to do with all of it?

adamw19
02-06-2002, 06:34 PM
it doesn't work :( the grenades dont blow up when you throw a grenade at the grenades.

gula
02-06-2002, 06:46 PM
:( Okay

http://lgulal.0catch.com/halo_warthog_jump_high.mov

didn't work. Just my luck. Right now I am currently trying to think what to do now. I searched for the movie, and couldn't find it anywhere. So just time to do some thinking.

Edit Note: Anyone know of a hosting server with around 25megs and has file sharing aloud?

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 07:26 PM
Arg...ill say it again...
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FROM FILEPLANET!

gula
02-06-2002, 07:30 PM
Arg...ill say it again...
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FROM FILEPLANET!

Arg me matey...
I DON'T LIKE FILEPLANET! I DIDN'T LIKE IT EVER SINCE THEY GOT THIS PERSON SERVER CRAP UP.

So thats why I am currently uploading to Brinkster.

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 07:32 PM
Well I just checked again, and on all 3 servers, there is STILL no wait!

adamw19
02-06-2002, 07:40 PM
Ah ha... you can't play multiplayer splitscreen and do it cause the grenades don't blow up if you throw another grenade at it.. you have to do it on campaign.

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by adamw19
Ah ha... you can't play multiplayer splitscreen and do it cause the grenades don't blow up if you throw another grenade at it.. you have to do it on campaign.
hmm thats weird...must be a story bug or something...or maybe pit only works with the marine's grenades, and not other real people

gula
02-06-2002, 08:01 PM
I changed the high quality version to the fileplanet link for now.

And when the Brinkster one gets done uploading, I'll see if that works.

BiohazardEHW
02-06-2002, 08:03 PM
hey gula, your from Dallas, PA??? I'm from forty fort, PA, it's right near wilkes-barre...**** we live close :)

adamw19
02-06-2002, 08:11 PM

hmm thats weird...must be a story bug or something...or maybe pit only works with the marine's grenades, and not other real people

Actually if you go to Co-Op you can shoot your other friend and the grenades still blow up... just not on splitscreen mode. i counted 17 grenades under the wart hog before i blew it up and holy cow... that video you know... well that was about half the height i managed to get... it was in the air for like over 20 seconds :eek:

gula
02-06-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
hey gula, your from Dallas, PA??? I'm from forty fort, PA, it's right near wilkes-barre...**** we live close :)

HOLY ****! Wow man, we do. I am going to be in Swoyersville for the weekend, which is RIGHT next to Forty Fort. HAha, wow man. I used to live in Larksville, which is pretty close to Forty Fort.

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 08:17 PM
HA! Forty Fort...lol

:)

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 08:19 PM

Actually if you go to Co-Op you can shoot your other friend and the grenades still blow up... just not on splitscreen mode. i counted 17 grenades under the wart hog before i blew it up and holy cow... that video you know... well that was about half the height i managed to get... it was in the air for like over 20 seconds :eek:

But the advantages of single player is that you can get it all set up, then save and keep doing it in creative ways...and a bigger screen to see the flip...the saving thing is better tho, this way you dont have to spend most of your time setting it up and killing..

BiohazardEHW
02-06-2002, 08:21 PM
yeah, swoyersville is right down the street, thats awesome :)

we'll have to play Halo sometime

and Larksville, that's right next to scummy P-town...and scummy P-town happens to be the town my skool is in... :mad:

skoot182
02-06-2002, 08:21 PM
LOL! (forty fort)

gula
02-06-2002, 08:26 PM
yeah, swoyersville is right down the street, thats awesome :)

we'll have to play Halo sometime

and Larksville, that's right next to scummy P-town...and scummy P-town happens to be the town my skool is in... :mad:

LoL P-Town, jeez. Yeah you go to Valley West. I went there for 9 years, until the 8th grade, and then I moved to Dallas.

Yeah, I can come over there and kick your ass in Halo! ;)

adamw19
02-06-2002, 08:29 PM

But the advantages of single player is that you can get it all set up, then save and keep doing it in creative ways...and a bigger screen to see the flip...the saving thing is better tho, this way you dont have to spend most of your time setting it up and killing..

Ya but if you have on co-op you can goto the top of silent cartographer and have the person at the bottom launch the warthog over your head... (you could do this on single player to, you would just need good acuracy with the grenades.) and also you can put your guy in the vehicle and "Fly him to the moon.. dunanana... :cool:" ya anyway lol.

Oh yeah and also your partner has 4 grenades with him and the marines barely ever have grenades with them... so you can get more of a BOOM.

BiohazardEHW
02-06-2002, 08:40 PM
Valley West sucks so much, im glad im a senior and im outta there this year :D And dont even get me started on how much **** the senior project sucked...u got AIM, gula?

gula
02-07-2002, 06:00 AM
Valley West sucks so much, im glad im a senior and im outta there this year :D And dont even get me started on how much **** the senior project sucked...u got AIM, gula?

AIM: guLAmaN 2 0 0 0

Of course I am away til 3:30, by time I get home from school....freakin dallas, the high school lets your out at 2:59. :mad:

But oh well, ok time to get ready, later.

BiohazardEHW
02-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Ok, cool.

but one question...how the hell did that guy get on top of the cliffs in Silent Cartographer...?

nik2deep
02-07-2002, 02:18 PM
tha bull**** that I have to subscribe and pay money to see this movie...UMPH that

gula
02-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by nik2deep
tha bull**** that I have to subscribe and pay money to see this movie...UMPH that

What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

l Maximus l
02-07-2002, 02:28 PM
Dude, Gula...I can't watch the movie again. Is there a way to watch it? For some reason, the links don't work...but, I'm guessing that is what you are working on.

All I know is that I saw it and couldn't stop laughing! CLASSIC movie in the making! Even if I can't watch it again, I'm glad I atleast got to see it once...lol...man, that was tight!

nik2deep
02-07-2002, 02:47 PM
nevermind...sorry...I figured it out...was having trouble with my comp....

skoot182
02-07-2002, 02:50 PM
has anyone else tryed this trick?
im in the middle of doing it right now and my gunner doesnt seem to want to get out of the warthog.

HELP?!

nik2deep
02-07-2002, 02:53 PM
ok..i saw it now...It was a very good movie..someone has a lot of spare time....

Masta Chief
02-07-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by skoot182
has anyone else tryed this trick?
im in the middle of doing it right now and my gunner doesnt seem to want to get out of the warthog.

HELP?!

go to the gunner spot, and when it says hit X to get in gunner seat. Hit x aand he gets out.

gula
02-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Dude, Gula...I can't watch the movie again. Is there a way to watch it? For some reason, the links don't work...but, I'm guessing that is what you are working on.

All I know is that I saw it and couldn't stop laughing! CLASSIC movie in the making! Even if I can't watch it again, I'm glad I atleast got to see it once...lol...man, that was tight!

Its not working for you?!? Have you tried
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/3dactionplanet/halo/halo_warthog_jump_high.zip
??

I will be posting another video and pics here soon. You know how he was standing up on top of that hill? Well I'll have the pics, movie, and info on how to do it, later.

skoot182
02-07-2002, 03:01 PM
thanx, but now i cant get the chain reaction to work :_D

gula
02-07-2002, 04:27 PM
<CENTER>"When Pigs Fly"</CENTER>

"When Pigs Fly"

it's about 1:40 min, 10 MB Quicktime .mov
let me know if you have problems viewing it (i made a VCD MPEG file too, but it's much larger ~ 17MB)
to get a jeep on top of the Silent Cartographer level you need the following:

1 warthog (no kidding)

1 rocket launcher

1 human grenade
and here's the secret sauce:

2 human grenades over which to park the warthog
to get all of this stuff, you essentially have to beat the level, at least until the point where the other dropship crashes and leaves the rocket launcher (you can skip the maproom and go directly to the "security override" building).

one other detail is how to get the grenades on the ground. just let a Marine climb aboard your warthog, drive up to the spot, force him to get out and, well, shoot him (it's for the greater good). He'll drop his ammo. Park the warthog over it and that's where the video picks up.

It took about 9 takes to get that jeep into the right spot. I'm also not good at jumping up there. anyway, I thought it was a fun thing to try.
enjoy!

<CENTER>http://www.oz.net/~rglass/halo/top13.jpg</CENTER>

<CENTER>http://www.oz.net/~rglass/halo/top7.jpg</CENTER>

<CENTER>http://www.oz.net/~rglass/halo/top8.jpg</CENTER>

Here is the QuickTime video on how to get up on there. (http://www.oz.net/~rglass/halo/when_pigs_fly.mov)

Here is the bloopers of the When Pigs Fly movie.
Heh, ya get to see what happens when they can't get it up there. (http://www.oz.net/~rglass/halo/warthog_bloopers.mov)

<CENTER>Have Fun!</CENTER>

arnie
02-07-2002, 04:45 PM
This thread is probably one of the best I've ever seen on XBA.com

gula
02-07-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by arnie
This thread is probably one of the best I've ever seen on XBA.com

:D :D :D Thanks arnie and GRAVEDIGGER
(from page 1)! :D :D :D

adamw19
02-07-2002, 07:09 PM
Here's a High Res Link to the video that people were trying to get. http://o2.homelanfed.com/misc/halo_warthog_jump_high.mov

BiohazardEHW
02-07-2002, 08:02 PM
I got up there earlier today, several times, once with each player on co-op, just to see what it was like to see a guy commit suicide from several hundred feet up :)

and If you walk along the cliff by where the Hunters are, there's trees that you can jump into, its pretty cool :P

wizkid918
02-07-2002, 08:12 PM
i got the chain reaction working...finally, but i dont know how to get up top..alive that is, i had some pretty cool explosions and stuff, my guy will get up there, but he is dead :(

J Dub
02-07-2002, 09:25 PM
Are there any other movies like these?

bonk
02-07-2002, 09:57 PM
I've got several (13) movies on my website, iBonk.com (http://ibonk.com/). But I have to say these movies are much better. This guy is awesome.

-bonk

gula
02-08-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by bonk
I've got several (13) movies on my website, iBonk.com (http://ibonk.com/). But I have to say these movies are much better. This guy is awesome.

-bonk

Woohoo, iBonk.com is back up! :D :D

gula
02-08-2002, 02:31 PM
Here's a High Res Link to the video that people were trying to get. http://o2.homelanfed.com/misc/halo_warthog_jump_high.mov

YOU ARE GOD! Thanks for the link!! Woohoo! :D :cool:

Frostberg
02-08-2002, 02:56 PM
arg...shall i say again Fileplanet had the high res link A LONG time ago...fileplanet is god, if anyone...

gula
02-08-2002, 03:12 PM
arg...shall i say again Fileplanet had the high res link A LONG time ago...fileplanet is god, if anyone...

Yes, which the fileplanet link was my backup. But in case you missed it a couple days ago I SAID I PUT THE FILEPLANET LINK UP. And I just took it down...ehh..just flew over your head. I Just don't like fileplanet ever since their personal server ****.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Hey, Gula...is there a Windows Media Player version of it?

Frostberg
02-08-2002, 04:52 PM
well the guy made it on a mac using imovie, which plays back in quicktime...so not at the moment..

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 05:03 PM
well the guy made it on a mac using imovie, which plays back in quicktime...so not at the moment..

Frostberg...this is a perfect example of "bummer" :D

adamw19
02-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by -gula

YOU ARE GOD! Thanks for the link!! Woohoo! :D :cool:

Ya no problem. :)

bonk
02-08-2002, 05:32 PM
I use a Mac for all of my movies and compression, which is no bummer for me.

-bonk

ShannonX
02-08-2002, 11:09 PM
LOL, thats a great movie. Definately something that will be getting tried this weekend. Hell of a trick to pull off.

wizkid918
02-09-2002, 08:24 AM
i did it in a co-op by myself so i could get the marines stacked around quicker and watch them fly longer, if you use one of the cheifs then you can kill him and his grenades add to the chaos, plasma grenades work too, and when i blew it up, my warthog went higher then the guy in this video, only thing was you could not do it twice withought starting over :( still cool though :)

bonk
02-09-2002, 12:30 PM
Actually you can do it over and over. Once you get it ready, before you throw a grenade, go hit a checkpoint by just running around the island. Then you can just revert to saved and do it once again. I figured out that the grenade you throw can affect its height and direction.

-bonk

DenniZz81
02-09-2002, 02:58 PM
hehe... that was so cool!
i liked fly me to the moon =)