PDA

View Full Version : my fried says xbox has a 56kmodem in it, prove him wrong

gtaplayer
02-05-2002, 08:00 PM
hey all my friend is an idiot and he wont stop talking till i prove him wrong...sohe says the xbox has a 56k modem built inside?? is that true?? i say no he says yes.....he also says u cant use a computer with out a modem...now i have a 56k modeom now and my modem is external and i can turn it on and off so can u use a computer w/ out a modem...i say yes he says no...please shut him up by answering this post

jeah
02-05-2002, 08:02 PM
uhhh.... you are both retarded.

You can tell him that.

gtaplayer
02-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by jeah
uhhh.... you are both retarded.

You can tell him that.

jeah u dont kno how much stupidty i go threw with this guy he gives totally wrong info on everything...he cant find no info 2 bak up what he says...he is ****ing me off...now he saying that dreamcast has microsoft windows built into it cuz it says windows ce in the bak of the controller

maneatingcow
02-05-2002, 08:07 PM
XBox has NO modem built in, but rather an Ethernet Port.

Computers can be used without modems.

Dreamcast DOES have a version of Windows in it, but not the kind on your computer.

Now everyone stop. Just stop :)

skoot182
02-05-2002, 08:08 PM
lol :D

gula
02-05-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by gtaplayer

jeah u dont kno how much stupidty i go threw with this guy he gives totally wrong info on everything...he cant find no info 2 bak up what he says...he is ****ing me off...now he saying that dreamcast has microsoft windows built into it cuz it says windows ce in the bak of the controller

Are you high? Nah just kiddin man.

A hacking company might release a 3rd party 56 external modem which I guess might hook up in the broadband connector in the back and will work as an external modem. But I doubt this will ever work, because only broadband can take all the features that will be available for broadband users only. Take the voice chat, do you think 56K can handle all of that and plus the packets they are recieving from the game server? Plus there will be no lag at all, unless it would be a server problem.

So staight answer = XBox + 56K = Bad. XBox + Broadband = Good.

XBox does NOT have a 56K Modem in it. Only uses Broadband.

(Yes I was just blabbering on top there :p )

BiohazardEHW
02-05-2002, 09:28 PM
The Xbox dosent have ANY modem in it, it has an Ethernet port that only supports DSL, Cable, T1, T3, or any other broadband types. Your friend is a retard.

ALEX DA PIMP
02-05-2002, 11:13 PM
first of all your friend sucks, take him to a computer store and ask for a 56k modem with an ethernet port??:confused: :confused: :confused: anyways yes there is a modem and the ethernet port is for broadband use only. try putting a regular telephone cord in it and see what happens. 56k is strickly for dail up connections. and your ethernet is for dsl

any ?s

jeah
02-06-2002, 05:44 AM
LOL! Sorry man, I just couldn't help myself. Don't take offense to my pathetic online insults.

Chaotic
02-06-2002, 06:21 AM
The only way you would be able to use a 56k modem online is to dialup with your pc, hook your xbox to your network, share your 56k modem line, and use the gamespy tunnel. This is the only way possible to use a 56k dialup with your xbox. There is no 56k modem built inside.

GokuX
02-06-2002, 06:22 AM
Show him an ethernet cable. Plug it into the Xbox. Then using the same cord try to plug it into a 56k modem.

Bakero
02-06-2002, 06:41 AM
Lol... You guys remind me of that movie, "Dude Where's My Car". Dude, sweet, dude, sweet, dude, sweet! Get a new friend! :D :) :D :)

Chr0nik
02-06-2002, 11:03 AM
Get a new friend :)