PDA

View Full Version : Just got X-Box!! Few questions please..

HotopX
02-05-2002, 10:04 PM
I'm so stoked! Got a few questions I was hoping someone might answer. Forgive me if they've been aksed many times before.

Can I get a longer power chord than the one supplied with the Box? I want to run my X-Box from behind my big screen cabinet underneath and out the front so it's easy to access and store. Then I can also store games with it in there as well. But in doing so I might need 6 inches more length.

Also, does the DVD Playback pack let you access the DVD-ROM features that many DVD movie discs incorporate?? I'm really curious about this one.

I've got a regular 4:3 big screen. Not widescreen. Yet, I chose the "letterbox" setting in the Video section of the menu because I like the wide screen look and DVD movies usually look better in that mode. Not sure if games are the same. Since I don't have a widescreen TV, am I really gaining much by selecting the letterbox mode? I was wondering what some of you think about this.

Being one of the new gamers on the block, I welcome any feedback, suggestions or advice you can offer so I can make the most out of my new X-Box experience!

Thanks!
Rick

maneatingcow
02-05-2002, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the forums! More than happy to answer a few Qs...

1. For a power cord, get a surge protector with a long cord on it. Much safer than a long extension cord, and it will help protect it from electrical mishaps.

2. DVD playback kit does not allow you to access DVD ROM content... sorry :( But, personally speaking, few DVD ROM features are REALLY worth it.

3. Certain games will allow you to see more of the gameplay while in widescreen mode, which is cool for some multiplayer games that support it. But remember, not all games support widescreen (Same goes with movies)

4. Suggestion: If you don't have Halo, get it. If you don't have a broadband internet connection, get one so you can play Halo online.

Thats all :)

Ninja Scroll
02-06-2002, 10:03 AM
hotopX, happy to know you made the best move in your gaming life with your purchase of your brand new Xbox!
I also noticed your new to the site, so welcome to xboxaddict's forum.
Enjoy da best d@mn members on any xbox related boards anywhere!:cool:

****Ninja Jubei gives Stephan XBA a call****

Okay Stephan-XBA, now that I just plugged the site can I get my $20.00 beans tip now?:D