PDA

View Full Version : My BS detector went off when I was on Gamespot.com today...

Snowblind
12-19-2004, 09:17 PM
This concerns Gamespot's "Best and Worst" awards. Go to the "Biggest Disappointment" award. These are the finalists:

Doom 3
Driv3r
Fable
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Halo 2

Winner:......wait for it........Fable?!

Seeing that BS literally made me scream out "What the ****!" I mean sure, Fable was disappointing in some ways but somehow is more disappointing then the likes of Driv3r?!
Screw you Gamespot.

Professor Kaos
12-19-2004, 09:19 PM
To tell ya the truth, I was expecting ALOT more from fable...especially in the length of the game.

CMX Jedi
12-19-2004, 09:42 PM
i realy didnt expect anything from driv3r, so it wasent much of a dissapointment, i was kinda dissapointed with waisting my $5 to rent it.

Kortiz
12-19-2004, 10:46 PM
fable was probably the 2nd highest hyped game ever in the console world.

Fable was supposed to convert people from ps2 to xbox...from gc to xbox...it was supposed to mean added revenue to the xbox....it was supposed to be that one rpg that people talk about when looking back a decade from now.

Fable, however, was the biggest disappointment ever in a rpg. I'll have to agree with their pick of Fable.

At first I thought maybe Doom 3 would win...but the game is actually good when you think about what it is.

I'm sort of surprised to see Halo 2 up there...although deep down inside I agree with it being on the list...I mean, you don't see me playing Halo 2 online...or offline.

Anyway, I agree with Fable being the biggest disappointment.

Koopa
12-19-2004, 10:56 PM
doom and halo didn't belong in that list, period.

Lets Deja Vu
12-19-2004, 11:15 PM
To tell ya the truth, I was expecting ALOT more from fable...especially in the length of the game.
Exactly, I kinda new that a game getting this much hype would kinda blow

doom and halo didn't belong in that list, period.
Halo does. Its overrated

DocHoliday78
12-19-2004, 11:33 PM
Halo does. Its overrated

your mom is overrated

wbio
12-19-2004, 11:41 PM
your mom is overrated
Actually she was pretty good last night ;)

DocHoliday78
12-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Actually she was pretty good last night ;)

your sex expectation is underrated

Koopa
12-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Exactly, I kinda new that a game getting this much hype would kinda blow

Halo does. Its overrated
hey, if thats what you think, its your loss :rolleyes:

TheCovenant
12-20-2004, 12:17 AM
your sex expectation is underrated

your comebacks are overated!

DocHoliday78
12-20-2004, 12:19 AM
your comebacks are overated!

your sig is overrated

Variation-XBA
12-20-2004, 03:25 AM
Great.....this is going to be the next thing to reply with to get +1's? :P

And it's gamespot, why do you take em seriously anyways? :P

Whoopage
12-20-2004, 06:39 AM
I agree with them. 4 years in development and Fable turned out to be nothing but a hyped up action/adventure. Nothing special, and nothing worth my $50.

Fable sucked. I mean honestly, who still plays it? If it were ground-breaking, revolutionary, if it were anything it was promised to be, it would not be collecting dust on all our shelves. But it is.

stormin4
12-20-2004, 11:00 AM
your mom is overrated

Fable and Deja's mom are overrated.

Halo 2 rocks!

DocHoliday78
12-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Excellent, people are agreeing.... *runs back into evil cave lair hideout thingie*

Max33
12-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Fables another on of those "what if" games.
What if meaning what if we would have gotten a finished product.Although I still feel it was a good game,you could just tell a whole lot of stuff was'nt fully realized.

Wolfboy_888
12-20-2004, 11:44 AM
halo 2 definitly deserved to be on that list..

Snowblind
12-20-2004, 12:31 PM
I agree with them. 4 years in development and Fable turned out to be nothing but a hyped up action/adventure. Nothing special, and nothing worth my $50.

Fable sucked. I mean honestly, who still plays it? If it were ground-breaking, revolutionary, if it were anything it was promised to be, it would not be collecting dust on all our shelves. But it is.

I still play Fable. But seriously, Fable was actually playable, fun for the 10-15 it had in it, beautifully detailed, had great music and so forth. Sure Fable was disappointing but in no was it more disappointing then Driv3r. Driv3r was a buggy, poorly animated piece of ****. And don't give it **** about being "Overhyped." So what if it was, half of it was the publics fault and the other half was Peter M.'s fault but still. Halo 2 was overhyped...waaay overhyped but was fun nevertheless, so what makes it so different, if you base this on Hype then why shouldn't Halo 2 be the most disappointing? Normally I don't take Gamespot seriously, hell I even posted once saying that I don't take them seriously and that I pity people who do but I can only here someone say so much bull**** before it starts to piss me off. And this atrocity of "Best and Worst" awards crossed the line.

LTM360
12-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Halo 2 didn't deserve to be on that list. Fable did, but it didn't deserve to win. DRIV3R was in development for several years too people. And it was awful. Here lies a problem Fable, dissapointing or not, was still a good game.

Brevity
12-20-2004, 01:41 PM
I think I concur with GS thoughts.

Xorg
12-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Man, I wonder how much more Halo2 would have sold if it wasn't "disappointing"

skorp
12-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Must be the first...

Fable winning a best RPG award and also the most disappointing... :D

AlphaRaptor
12-20-2004, 08:11 PM
WTF!! Why si Halo 2 on there???!!! Dumb Gamespot....

Snowblind
12-20-2004, 10:08 PM
WTF!! Why si Halo 2 on there???!!! Dumb Gamespot....

No, I think it should be on there.

Don't get me wrong, Halo 2 was fun, but in some ways it was not exactly what we expected. It could be called disappointing because of that shoddy ending, the bugs and glitches, the thing before each cutscene, the fact that there were NO LESBIANS in the game. But that doesn't stop it from being fun and selling A bijillian copy's in the first 3 weeks it was available. The thing with Gamespot is when they say disappointing, they try to compare Halo 2 and Fable and good games with Enter the Matrix and lead the public to believe that games such as Doom 3 and Fable suck in which they don't. Gamespot's definition is totally different then the rest of the worlds.

Slowride
12-21-2004, 03:04 AM
Don't take what some people at gamespot.com have to say so seriously snowblind!!! Jesus....you would think they voted you most dissapointing human of the year by the way you're reacting.

LikShotz
12-21-2004, 08:52 PM
FABLE sux!!!! yeah i said it!@!!!! i agree with gamestop. any game thats trash belongs in the garbage bin! lol.

odpr
12-22-2004, 11:32 AM
I could not agree more with game spot :
driver is so lame you can't even explain how lame it is.
I was so glad to see halo two on the list! finally tthey see the light, halo was the by far the biggest over hyped game I ever saw...
halo one was ggood! halo two, nothing changed, even got worse, the gfx is lame, the sound I really don't get it what people liked about it..and the game itself is sooo boring!!! HALO two SUCK! and I am so glad to see it on the list!
more then that gamespot got even bigger creadbility with this !

what I don't get if this is the case why they gave fable and halo such a high grade?

odpr
12-22-2004, 11:37 AM
for the one who post this thread where in the hell you got that list? if u check gamespot halo two rid**** and all the others are in the list of the best games of the year...what is it a joke?

npllr
12-22-2004, 11:42 AM
i agree wit fable, driver 3 is just a big rotten ***** fable is good, but not as hyped

LTM360
12-23-2004, 08:05 AM
No, I think it should be on there.

Don't get me wrong, Halo 2 was fun, but in some ways it was not exactly what we expected.

Well, what the hell did you expect? It's exactly what I expected and more. It surpassed my expecations of better graphics; Check. Great sound; check. Good story; Good until the end - check. Great multiplayer; big check. So I don't see where the problem lies. For God's sake pepole this is the 2nd highest rated game of all time, I have no idea where gamespot gets "Dissapointing", or where anyone else gets that either.

y2kash_14
12-24-2004, 01:53 AM
Well, what the hell did you expect? It's exactly what I expected and more. It surpassed my expecations of better graphics; Check. Great sound; check. Good story; Good until the end - check. Great multiplayer; big check. So I don't see where the problem lies. For God's sake pepole this is the 2nd highest rated game of all time, I have no idea where gamespot gets "Dissapointing", or where anyone else gets that either.

"good until the end" is exactly right...the ending is one of the worst i've seen...ever. I don't see why they ended it on the climax of the story. Even if it is the second part of a trilogy, the ending was horrible.

CharlieHustle
12-24-2004, 08:57 PM
i know,are you guys drunk or what? Halo 2 overrated?? please. Why do you think that a ton of people be online now, because of halo 2. I guess we all thought that it was the next coming and would make everyone only play halo 2. Well it didnt. But its still the best game out, IMO. This game is fun offline or online, as a matter of fact, im in hollywood, fl and my brothers are playin it now, and they never cared for halo 2, or knew what it was, offline and online, crap i cant even touch my own xbox!!! It is great as i expected it to be.

natedog8
12-24-2004, 09:12 PM
halo 2 was overrated
but it is the best console game of the year, and in my opinion, the second best console game ever.
surely you guys havent forgotten what we thought halo 2 was gonna be....
i think we can admit we had somewhat unrealistic expectations
halo 2 was sort of a dissapointment, but its still an awesome game

Whisper
12-25-2004, 01:41 AM
+1's are overated.

ShannonX
12-25-2004, 09:49 AM
i haven't played halo 2 in a month now. Hell, i enjoyed fable more than i enjoyed halo 2. But its your opinion that halo 2 was great, and its my opinion that halo 2 was lacking and therefore not really worth any of my time playing after I beat it. And playing ranked games with cheating, glitch abusing strangers isn't my idea of a fun time. It was fun for awhile until i ran into a streak of rank obsessed 10 year old snot nosed brats with nothing better to do than look for any way possible to cheat or glitch their way to a win.

-Natas-
12-25-2004, 03:03 PM
I think that Halo 2 does belong on that list as it was a major disappointment. Fable is kinda short but it depends on how you play the game on how long the game actually is. So for Fable I must say that the game is what you make of it. I found Halo 2 lacking as I have more fun playing Counter Strike, Rainbow Six 3, or even Unreal Championship. This is just my opinions and if you do not agree with them then so be it. :)

Douchesforfun
12-26-2004, 08:32 PM
fable sux.... YEAH SEALAB!!!!!

Wolfgame
12-27-2004, 01:14 AM
Halo 2 will get many game of the year awards, but we expected it to be the 2nd coming, the same way ps2ers thought kill zone would be :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

looking back on it now, after watching ilovebees for updates halo 2 has come as a worthy sequeal to the original, it does disapoint in many ways, and I dont consider it the greatest game ever made, people just hang on to it like a bible, and Im fine with it being on that list.

OC Noob
12-30-2004, 11:52 PM
I thought gamespot was getting better, but they are still ps2 whores. Give me a break, they give Halo 2 a what, 9.6? and then put it on that list. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was biggest disapointment, not most hyped, right?

Wasn't Killzone suposed to be a Halo killer. Wasn't it a big disapointment in that regard?

How abot FF Crystal Chronicles. That game sucked... or was that 2k3?

Monster Hunter?

The latest MoH?

FF XI on ps2 (pc was last year)?

Spiderman 2?

Almost all GC 1st party games with a handful of exceptions.

C'mon, they were just looking to bash the Xbox so they through Halo 2 in there. Only problem is atleast 1 person on staff isn't a ps2 beotch and they did the Halo 2 review.

Is this site eastern (maybe Japan) based, because after the review of HL2 I began to wonder if they have ANY clue about western gaming.

If they put Halo 2 on there GTA:SA an MGS:SE could easily make that list. GTA:SA is great, but is as polished as the primer truck G. W. Bush took his sister to the prom in. i.e. its ugly as hell, buggy as hell and has tons of crappy mechanics. MGS3 still suffers from most of the same weaknesses of the last MGS.

What the hell. Its because its an Xbox game that its on the list.

Notice how Xbox games got like NO props. Ninja Gaiden got NOTHING!

Paper Mario wins best rpg!?!? C'mon, KotOR was better.

Maybe they are Nintendo whores considering Maro tenis beat Tony Hawk UG 2.

Then to top it off they pick a multiplatform game as game of the year for only the Xbox. Thats right, all the others were exclusives, "but hey you can get the best Xbox game of 2004 on the ps2 anyway" is pretty much what they are saying.

Thats weak s**t. Burnout was great, but Halo 2 AND Ninja Gaiden were better. What a load of crap.

Czm21x
12-31-2004, 01:01 AM
fable was probably the 2nd highest hyped game ever in the console world.

Fable was supposed to convert people from ps2 to xbox...from gc to xbox...it was supposed to mean added revenue to the xbox....it was supposed to be that one rpg that people talk about when looking back a decade from now.

People will still be talking about it. About how much of a short ****ty let down it was.
It was not an rpg. It was a hack and slash action game. The marriage part of the game was a real stinker.

Will I buy another game from those developers? No because they are a bunch of lying hosebags.

Peepers
12-31-2004, 02:04 PM
I actually agree with gamespot here. Fable was the worst disappointment EVER, at least that I can think of at the moment. On my rating scale, it gets a 6.5/10. I truly think it is a BAD game.

Fable is an awful disappointment.

Czm21x
01-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Another place where my BS detetor goes off is at EB when they are telling me what the next big game will be.

WillyV2
01-01-2005, 10:56 AM

Yep. I thought it was going to be long, with the way they talked about it and made it up to be, it wasn't really all that, I beat it in 11 hours not long at all

mrmp3
01-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I think that Halo 2 does belong on that list as it was a major disappointment. Fable is kinda short but it depends on how you play the game on how long the game actually is. So for Fable I must say that the game is what you make of it. I found Halo 2 lacking as I have more fun playing Counter Strike, Rainbow Six 3, or even Unreal Championship. This is just my opinions and if you do not agree with them then so be it. :)

When you mention CS, UC, and RS3, I'm presuming your refferring to Multiplayer. CS is a 5 year old game with lame graphics and weak, repetitive gameplay. Rescue hostages, plant the bomb, rinse and repeat. RS3 has THEE worst netcode ever. It's a disgrace to XBL, I've never come across a more laggier game (excluding Shadow Ops, man was I dumb buying that). Not to mention there are so many bugs to exploit and the only one really fixed was the lean-look-through walls cheat, but that was about it. How bout the lean walking or not being able to hit someone in the head when he's leaning? And UC is basically a dumbed down version of UT 2003.

Halo2 is the best console FPS ever. It's ahead of it's time. What other game has vehicular combat in multiplayer? What other titles lag less than Halo 2? Ok yes there are certain cheats, mainly router/modem hangup trick, but all titles start off with certain bugs. And certain companies *cough*UBISOFT*cough* take forever to getting around to fixing them, which I doubt will happen with Bungie. All my friends (in real life and on XBL) who have quit (5-6 altogether) and say it sucks just don't have any skill on XBL. I checked on all of'em and on average they had like a 25% winning average across all gametypes and the highest rank they had was 7. How is it overhyped? Because during the cutscenes the textures still aren't done loading? So you'd rather have loading screens?