PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Connectivity

ccampb4
08-03-2001, 01:26 PM
Ok, I understand that X-Box is come with a broadband adapter. I have a couple of questions about it.....

On a lan, can you connect 32 indivdual X-Box's(and screens) together through a switch or hub to all play in one game or do you have to be on 16 individual machines with the split screen?

Will one of those machines have the ability to host a game independant of the internet? Or will you have to use a service simular to hosting for Evercrack?

One last question....I see everyone jumping up and down about broadband support and not having broadband....what's to stop you from buying a 56k dialup router with an integrated 10/100 switch and playing that way....yes, the lag may suck, but hey, it's something.

Just a couple of thoughts....thanks.

ccampb4
08-03-2001, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know what type of video out this thing is going to have? How about refresh rates? Can i hook it up to my flat screen monitor and still pull down decent refresh rates?

Aaron
08-03-2001, 03:58 PM
okay here we go

1) Yes, 32 individual xbox and screens

2) Ummm if you mean host a game over the internet so other people connect, its highly doubtful, i think it will be like MSN gaming zone, where they host all the games, but who knows what the future could hold?

3) um yeah, i agree i guess =)

Welcome to the asylum!

Craiz
08-03-2001, 04:57 PM
I think what ccampb4 is asking is if multiplayer can work in a lan settings. No connection to the internet, just say 4 xboxes in the same room connected via a hub.

Aaron
08-03-2001, 06:23 PM
oh well yeah =) thats how LAN's work