PDA

View Full Version : XBox Online Plans

SnOoPy
02-06-2002, 12:07 AM
Does nayone has detail how MS gonna use XBox online? I know to play but would we be able to browse the net with out XBox? And is a computer a requirement to use the XBox online or would there be a new option when you boot the xbox up for online & conenct from the Xbox...

LynxFX
02-06-2002, 12:35 AM
Right now no one really knows anything about what the actual network will be like.

To answer a few questions though, no you will not need a pc. I'm assuming that you will get prompted or have a setup option for online network in the console once it is up.

I don't think you will be able to browse the net either since there hasn't been a keyboard and mouse option announced.

The rest is just rumor and speculation, so we will have to wait and see.

XAddict69
02-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Is Xbox going to have a browser cd like DC did. I have no idea about anything for Xbox online. Can yoy fill me in on whats going on?:confused:

l Maximus l
02-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Well, this is what I understand so far:

Basically, all you have to do is hook up your Broadband modem to the back of your XBox...Cable or DSL, etc.

Next, there are certain games that will be strictly on-line and then there will be games that will simply have an on-line function or capability to them and there will be an option on the main menu to launch it on-line.

These two types of games work a little differently, of course.

1. In the first scenario, there will be games that will strictly be on-line games. This is how it is, essentially, supposed to work. As soon as you insert the game, it will launch you, automatically, to the on-line forum and it will appear on your TV screen. Each DVD game has code that will tell the XBox that it's an on-line game, therefore, it will launcy ou there automatically. You simply have to select or create a game (be a host) and then get other players going by simply waiting for them to come in. As soon as everyone is ready, you start the game. It's supposed to be as easy as that! It's going to be sweet!

2. Secondly, there are games that will have an on-line function to them. Simply go to the main menu screen, like every game already has, but, you would simply select the on-line option. As soon as you select it, you will be launched to the on-line forum for that specific game. It works the same as above, except you have to manually select to play on-line because it could be a game that you don't have to play on-line unless you wanted to.

I can't wait for Unreal Championship! Oh man, that game is seriously going to rock!

Xtopia
02-06-2002, 06:04 PM
I hope its going to be that simple...that would be sweeeeeet!!! I'm lovin halo via gamespy but it is kinda hard considering I have to run upstairs to my pc whenever I wanna chat, join, launch, etc.

SnOoPy
02-06-2002, 06:51 PM
I **** of, bought a Router so i could connect my XBox so i could play Halo online & didn't freaking work with my DSL cause I have a internal DSL modem with 1 plug... I'll need to buy a external modem... :mad: :mad: I pay $180 for that 3Com modem, o well... no use in *****ing over it..

It would be cool if the online function is like Tribe 2, witha forum... buddy list your own email address... and the list of game you could play online. I hope its like that.

Thanx for the info guys