PDA

View Full Version : It would stink if EA did this.....

Zaxxon
12-21-2004, 09:08 AM
It would really stink if EA joined the console war and made there own system. All EA games would be off all other systems and since they bought into Ubi they would be lost too. Ok maybe I'm crazy. :watchout: :watchout:

ll Mista GT ll
12-21-2004, 09:11 AM
It would really stink if EA joined the console war and made there own system. All EA games would be off all other systems and since they bought into Ubi they would be lost too. Ok maybe I'm crazy. :watchout: :watchout:

No, I dont agree. EA would probably still sell their games to Xbox, PS2 etc. because they can make a chit load of Money! I dont think that EA would even need to start their own console. :confused:

Casper
12-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Let them make their own console, I wouldn't buy it. And it'd take the crap action/shooter games that they make off the Xbox. Maybe if we're lucky too, we'd get ESPN NFL back - but I hate EA as a company. It's just as bad as MS though, when you look at their stronghold tactics on operating systems.

AlphaRaptor
12-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Yea, your right, but at least MS makes smart choices when it comes to video games...most of the time.

gingerj
12-21-2004, 10:25 AM
You lot are about 10years old in your mentality and your business brains well they dont exist, plus you lot sound like a bunch of 5 year olds in this thread.

If EA decided to produce a console it'll send shockwaves across the globe, it would kill off alot of business for all consoles and would radically see the number of releases drop. Oh and that would mean some quality titles would be lost on other platforms. Its a scary thought you know as the console lineups would be rethought and most probably i'd go as far to say as ea would win every race.

Them buying a major share in ubi soft shows that they have superb business brain sense as ubi soft are one of the best developers around with some really talented people there.

EA have a best selling title for basically every sport known to man and they have numerous movie rights. Wow they've smacked everyone up thinking about it.

Variation-XBA
12-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Don't even put this thought in EA's head

Casper
12-21-2004, 01:17 PM
You lot are about 10years old in your mentality and your business brains well they dont exist, plus you lot sound like a bunch of 5 year olds in this thread.

If that was referring to my comments, than I'll just ask - exactly who are 'you lot'? I've heard of the 'two yoots' before, but this is a new one.

If EA decided to produce a console it'll send shockwaves across the globe, it would kill off alot of business for all consoles and would radically see the number of releases drop. Oh and that would mean some quality titles would be lost on other platforms. Its a scary thought you know as the console lineups would be rethought and most probably i'd go as far to say as ea would win every race.

In my eyes, it would make them the next Sega. They have already pondered the thought and decided against it (one of the higher ups had left the company to go and start the 3DO - that did great, huh?)

Them buying a major share in ubi soft shows that they have superb business brain sense as ubi soft are one of the best developers around with some really talented people there.

No, it shows that they have alot of money. EA and Ubi should have never come close to a deal on this. It runis it for those that matter: the gamers. With EA getting their hands on one of the most successful developers for Xbox seems to me that they are trying to buyout any competition they have (i.e. NFL exclusivity deal cancelling out their competition that solely laid on ESPN Videogames/Sega's shoulders)

EA have a best selling title for basically every sport known to man and they have numerous movie rights. Wow they've smacked everyone up thinking about it.

As well as sports licensing rights - NFL & Nascar. Say hello to mainstream games and goodbye to originality from EA. It'll never happen. This is why I stay away from the company.

Zaxxon
12-21-2004, 01:19 PM
maybe a console is far fetch idea but it seem EA is setting itself up for something to be a aggressive as they are. It has been said for a long time that they would like to charge for their servers.

Zaxxon
12-21-2004, 01:41 PM
you can say you hate EA and will never buy one of there product, but most gamers don't care because they just play the games they don't care where they come from they just play

Max33
12-21-2004, 02:01 PM
EA develope and realease a console....yeah that'll happen.
With each progressing console gereration,the stakes get higher.
Why would EA stray from just pimping games?The profit margin is way higher,and their position in the marketplace is so secure that I couldent see them gambling on producing a console.It takes years for console developers just to re-coup their inital investment if at all.

Yeah....Shockwaves...of the Chapter 11 variety

Unreal
12-22-2004, 07:11 PM
As well as sports licensing rights - NFL & Nascar. Say hello to mainstream games and goodbye to originality from EA. It'll never happen. This is why I stay away from the company.
Great post, but this part is what matters the most. I like some stuff from EA but they are going a little to far with trying to buy everyone. Ubi Soft, DICE, NFL license, failed at the NBA license. This is what I know of.