PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries

TheWheelMan
12-24-2004, 05:21 PM
I havent seen any threads on mercenaries or comments or anything so im beginning to wonder am I the only person really looking forward to this game??? maybe even pre-order it (which I dont think Ive ever done)... :confused:

Hugopolo
12-24-2004, 06:00 PM
I never trust any of those games until a review comes out becuase there could be glitches, bad A.I or it could be boring I mean its not the only 3rd person action game out there..

LiquidX
12-24-2004, 08:13 PM
I played the demo in the newest OXM. Didnt think it was too great of a game. The explosions and phsyics were cool along with ability to actually destroy buildings but it was just boring to play. The objectives werent defined well enough, the controls werent too good, and the vehicles handled like crap. Maybe it was just in the demo but im definately waiting for some reviews before considering this game.

TheWheelMan
12-25-2004, 09:41 AM
ya I suppose your right I mean the graphics dont have an amazing wow factor but the gameplay looks really awesome just to be able to jack all kinds of vehicles and blow anything up but I guess I will wait for the review also

Xer0Mercy
12-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Isn't that out for PS2? If I'm thinking of the same game, I didn't care for it.

kenji
12-25-2004, 09:18 PM
I played then demo. It needs some tuning, but has huge potential I think. You can buy supply drops of weapons, heavy weapons, vehicles, etc. You get money for completing objectives and capturing one of the main bad dudes, assigned to a card, like Queen of Hearts you capture in the demo, like the terrorist cards. And everything is destroyable. The downside is: it extremely easy. Keep in mind its a demo, but damn, I could do it in my sleep.

thrAsher
12-26-2004, 01:08 AM
I like the demo a lot. The vehicles all handle differently, and some plain awkwardly, but that doesn't bother me, really. Graphics were nice, and after looking over the various menus and such, I can see how this game could be a sleeper hit. Plays smooth, lots of room to go about a mission how you like, numerous 'collectables'.

I kept having faint flashbacks to Armed and Dangerous, but that could just be the third person. Anybody know if there will be any sort of co-op? I'm kind of guessing no...

Off topic, Stranger is looking like it could be a nice diversion, too. And who loved the Punisher demo when you stick the guy's head in the piranha pool? :hump:

Snowblind
12-26-2004, 01:22 AM
And who loved the Punisher demo when you stick the guy's head in the piranha pool? :hump:

Haha, I prefer the "face smash" persuasion.

But anyway about Merc's:

The enemy's animations and death animations are...off, it looks exactly like Unreal 2. It looks like the enemy is wholly different then anything else in the game, it's weird and annoying.

TheWheelMan
12-26-2004, 12:38 PM
I went and looked for the new OXM yesterday but its not on stands till the 28th im like really dying to try that demo......Im really drawn to the game I really hope it turns out