PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Skies doesn't work?

m4ck
12-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I got the 12-month Xbox Live Starter Kit for Christmas and was pretty excited. Crimson Skies quickly rained on my parade. I popped it in, started playing, and within 10 minutes a screen came up that said my disc was dirty/damaged. The game is brand new and in perfect condition, so this pissed me off a little. I tried playing it a couple hours later, and this time the game didn't even make it a couple minutes. It froze on the very first loading screen and game me the same "dirty disc" message. After the message, it took me to an entirely new screen that told me I needed to call support because my Xbox is malfunctioning or something like that. I restarted it one more time and it gave me the message once again, but it didn't give me the "contact support" screen.

Any experience something like this? Have any ideas what is wrong? Please help me out.

Yankeez
12-24-2004, 07:27 PM
You probably have a Thomson DVD Drive, the game is fine its the lens on your drive it probably crapped out, this has happened to hundreds and probaby thousands of xbox owners, will probably have to send it in for repair, or....replace the drive your self.

Sorry man. :(

number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX

AlphaRaptor
12-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Isn't there a way to clean it?

Hzaarour
12-24-2004, 08:49 PM
That sucks i guess you have to send it in.

Variation-XBA
12-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Yay for broken xbox's!

Dennis75
12-24-2004, 11:53 PM
You probably have a Thomson DVD Drive, the game is fine its the lens on your drive it probably crapped out, this has happened to hundreds and probaby thousands of xbox owners, will probably have to send it in for repair, or....replace the drive your self.

Sorry man. :(

number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX
Any idea how to tell what hardware is in your Xbox (ie, by serial number or something)? My father-in-law's died a while ago and we broke it down (we think the power relay died) but he just decided to get a new one. I was just curious to find out what I have in mine without opening her up (I bought mine when they first came out).

Duke
12-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Any idea how to tell what hardware is in your Xbox (ie, by serial number or something)? My father-in-law's died a while ago and we broke it down (we think the power relay died) but he just decided to get a new one. I was just curious to find out what I have in mine without opening her up (I bought mine when they first came out).

I'm stuck on 56k, so I'm not gonna search, but google it. There are a few sited out there w/ pics to help identify your drive

m4ck
12-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the input Yankeez.

As for the question on drives, this page shows how the differences.
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_version_comparison.htm

Dennis75
12-28-2004, 06:50 PM
*&%$ :cuss: ...... I have a Thompson too. Hopefully I won't run into the same problem. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed!!! :bang:

Reclaimer
12-28-2004, 08:08 PM
This is why I bought the Halo Edition Xbox. My launch box started bugging out on me.

sk8teordie256
12-29-2004, 01:12 AM
did microsoft do this on purpose maybe?

Shadow20002
12-29-2004, 04:05 AM
Hmm.. i don't know but my Thompson Drive is in perfect condition even is a Xbox at launch.