PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Xbox and Games Damage Free

ap2460
12-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Give me your best tips for keeping the Xbox damage-free (just got a new one after old one crapped out after about year and half). Is dust the biggest enemy? Does spraying with compressed air on a regular basis help? What about the game discs? Do those protective "skins" (think they're called D-Skins) help? Is there something better to prevent scratches or damage? Obviously handling them properly is critical, but any other tips would be greatly appreciated by the father of two 10-year-old boys who better not damage this one :) ... thanks.

natedog8
12-25-2004, 03:53 PM
keep it off of the carpet, and just tell them to be careful with it
as for the d-skins, i dont own any, but it seems like a good idea that probably works...

CMX Jedi
12-25-2004, 04:36 PM
dont get mad and throw your controlers.
allways put your games back in the cases or in something to hold them, dont put them on the floor

ap2460
12-25-2004, 05:16 PM
so has anyone tried those D Skins? do they actually protect the game CDs?

Xer0Mercy
12-25-2004, 06:26 PM
I don't want to sound like a *****, but teach your kid to be responsible with his games. Put them back in the cases and they should be fine. I've been playing games for a long time and I have never had a game where it wouldn't work. I learned at an early age to take care of my stuff.

ap2460
12-25-2004, 07:04 PM
don't know how old u are mercy, but i'm 44 and games today are extremely more sensitive than games when i was growing up, yes, even video games i got when i was older. things like "dust" weren't an issue. my kids are extremely responsible for being 10 years old. i was only looking for any tips or advice like if D-Skins were effective, not a lesson on teaching responsibility to children (hint for when you have kids: you don't go online for that). and congrats on being the perfect kid who never accidentally broke or damaged a gift.