PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft XBOX Media Center Extender

ll Mista GT ll
12-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Hello,

Can somebody please explain the Microsoft XBOX Media Center Extender to me. If you have it or either have had a chance to try it, can you please explain what it is. Do actually have to have the Media Center on the PC as well? :confused:

Thanks

JJXB
12-26-2004, 05:03 PM
i haven't actually used/got it but i suspect its a software upgrade for the xbox dashboard enabling some windows xp media center edition functionality on your xbox

-Natas-
12-26-2004, 08:24 PM
From the way I understand this you have to have a PC running the Windows Media Center and then they work together so you can store photos, music, videos, and somehow it will even record live TV. :watchout:

Reclaimer
12-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Essentially, your computer does all the work if it's a Media Center PC. You can use your Xbox to get into your PC and view images, music and recorded TV shows and view it on that TV.
That's the impression that I get. You need a videocard with a cable input in your PC to get the Tivo like functions, then with this program you can access those recorded shows through your Xbox.

Am I right?

lotec16
12-27-2004, 11:29 PM
where do you buy it at?

Xer0Mercy
12-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Whoa, ****. Someone who owns this give us a report, because this is sounding pretty damn tight.

Frink
12-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Essentially, your computer does all the work if it's a Media Center PC. You can use your Xbox to get into your PC and view images, music and recorded TV shows and view it on that TV.
That's the impression that I get. You need a videocard with a cable input in your PC to get the Tivo like functions, then with this program you can access those recorded shows through your Xbox.

Am I right?Correct. The Media Center Extender basically allows your Xbox to access the files off a media center PC located somewhere else on the network. That way you don't need a PC for every room, the Xbox will just stream the data already on a separate system.