PDA

View Full Version : Starting to wonder

aronx
02-06-2002, 03:41 PM
!!NOTE: This thread inspired by a previous thread entitled "Regret getting an XBox".!!

I am starting to wonder when I'm going to get excited about any upcoming games. It seems every game that I want to play is going to PS2 (at least for now). So this leads me to believe that the XBox versions (if they appear) will be direct ports. Nothing on the horizon excites (except maybe morrowind). I guess I may be hard to please, but whats wrong with wanting more and wanting something different than the rest of the crap/clones out there? I hate to say, but the future of the XBox is sliding closer and closer to that of the DC (which I also own). So perhaps it's time to jump on the bandwagon and grab a PS2 just in case. The thought of it makes me sick ($$$ wise) because the XBox has so much more potential, but I'm cracking...

l Maximus l
02-06-2002, 04:00 PM
Hmmm, aronx....Have you ever thought that people might not care of how you feel?

addict733
02-06-2002, 05:07 PM
good for u man, i feel this way too. Xbox really needs to step up!

thunderkiss2k1
02-06-2002, 05:14 PM
Aronx and addict, why don't you two ps2 fanboys go back to your lame ps2 forums? Its odvious to me that you two are biased against the xbox. Maybe you just come on here to dis the xbox?

l Maximus l
02-06-2002, 05:19 PM
I agree with Thunder, except, I don't think either of them are PS2 fanboys... I just think that if either one of them cleans out their poop filled diapers, maybe life would be more comfortable ;)

Besides, no one here likes to hear about the XBox being put down. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Besides, the name of the site is called XBox ADDICT...not XBoxIsCoolHoweverIWishTheXBoxWasBetterAndIHaveMyDiaperFilledUpWithTooMuchPoopyStuff.com ;)

maneatingcow
02-06-2002, 05:45 PM
Actually, that was the 1st choice, XBoxAddict.com was 2nd.... too bad it was allready purchased :(

Xtopia
02-06-2002, 05:56 PM
name of the site is called XBox ADDICT...not XBoxIsCoolHoweverIWishTheXBoxWasBetterAndIHaveMyDiaperFilledUpWithTooMuchPoopyStuff.com

lol dude, thats funny!!!!

addict733
02-06-2002, 06:16 PM
haahahahahah no. maybe u dont want to admit that xbox is crap? show me a good game, violence, action great graphix. show me one that i like and i will "clean out my poop filled diaper"
AND by the way dumb s h i t, im not a ps2 fanboy.

l Maximus l
02-06-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by addict733
haahahahahah no. maybe u dont want to admit that xbox is crap? show me a good game, violence, action great graphix. show me one that i like and i will "clean out my poop filled diaper"

First of all, I hope you didn't just call me a "dumb s h i t", since I never called you a fanboy...I'm assuming you weren't.

Secondly, I don't need to prove anything to you. You see, I actually like the XBox...go figure??! And, I can give a rats ass if you don't like it. It's not as if any other gaming console is at the same level as the XBox either. That's a simple fact. Maybe you just don't like video games...and, if so...so what? If not, then what the hell is your problem?

Like I said, no one likes to hear cry babies and how they hate the XBox...especially on this website.

Games that I really like are Halo (especially on-line through Gamespy...if you haven't done this, you need to seriously stop crying. If you can't, then you can just blame yourself for not getting the fullness out of the game. It simply kicks the crap out of any multi-player game on the planet).

Also, I like Amped...great game...rip soundtracks, etc...challenging, plenty of levels...and it's just plain fun. Good replay value if you want to challenge your buddies on courses for points...and there are TONS of courses...so huge replay value.

Also, play Azurik...you may not like it for the first couple hours...but, once you start going through the game, it gets addicting. Besides, I will buy it off of you and give you an extra $50 if you can beat that game in a week without a cheater book.

I am also a fan of Oddworld...though, I must admit, I just started playing this game...pretty fun...and unique. So far so good...and it keeps getting better as I go. I can't say much more than this about Oddworld.

Those are a few examples. But, like I said, if this reasoning does nothing for you, I can give a rats ass. All I know is that I like it, I have fun, and no dude with a diaper full of dung is going to ruin that. ;)

thunderkiss2k1
02-06-2002, 07:40 PM
Addict, I want to thank you. No, really , I do. I want to thank you for giving me and maximus the whiny crybaby response we both expected to get from you. Now, if you could just do us one more little favor? Get a life? Sure would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for the next whiny response this is sure to generate.

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 07:45 PM
Yikes! Maximus is feeling violent today...but silly people didint make him feel better...

Anyway, you guys must not know much about upcoming games if you arent excited...you are downright wrong to not be excited...

addict733
02-06-2002, 07:59 PM
when i said dumb**** i was refering to thunder. i love the system, i just dont think that its living up to its potential. if u dont care what i think, good! i was just standing up for aronx. then someone started bashing me so i had to defend myself. Chill out.
DONT FEEL YOU NEED TO DEFEND XBOX, CUASE WE ARENT ATTACKING IT! least i aint. im just not pleased with the games out right now, and the games that are coming out i have no interest for. im sure halo 2 will be great! and i will love it. im sure there will be other games that will be great. but i would like them now, or at least know about them.

Afro Aura
02-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by aronx
!!NOTE: This thread inspired by a previous thread entitled "Regret getting an XBox".!!

I am starting to wonder when I'm going to get excited about any upcoming games. It seems every game that I want to play is going to PS2 (at least for now). I hate to say, but the future of the XBox is sliding closer and closer to that of the DC (which I also own). So perhaps it's time to jump on the bandwagon and grab a PS2 just in case. The thought of it makes me sick ($$$ wise) because the XBox has so much more potential, but I'm cracking...

Hmmm thats a bit rich as the XBOX has only been out for just over 2 months, now you can't tell me that when the PS2 came out it had fantastic games "I think not" the XBOX games outshine ALL the games that came out with the PS2, it was only through time that the PS2 had great games, I mean there are games I do like GTA3, Jak and Dexter, Metal Gear Solid 2 and d@mn Virtua Fighter 4 (I love this game) but this is after a WHOLE year so come on give the machine a break the games that will soon hit the XBOX will kill this "I wonder feeling".

PS I don't own a PS2 out of principle for them bringing down I believe the greatest machine the "Dreamcast" R.I.P.

Plewis
02-06-2002, 08:50 PM
no need to go midevil on them because they don't think the xbox lives up to the hype. It's all opinion. It's no reason to waste 300 words to yell at them with. Just let people keep their own opinion instead of trying to get them to take your opinion

BiohazardEHW
02-06-2002, 08:57 PM
Tell me, what good games does PS2 have coming out? Huh? State of Emergency and thats it. And maybe that game wont get old very quickly.

Xbox has:

WWF RAW
UFC Tapout
Morrowind
Wreckless (just came out)
007 AUF (with added multiplayer features)
Brute Force

and many, many, MANY more awesome games.

SeTH
02-06-2002, 09:06 PM
ok Mr. Counseler is here
It seems like there is tension between the two. This can only be caused by one of two things.
1) Both need some serious nappy time due to staying up and playing XBOX till 2 A.M.

2) Both players controllers might be hurting them due to the vibrating function of the XBOX controller and causing severe pain and discomfort from playing 7 hours a day.(see news at XBOXaddict.com you'll know what I'm talking about):D

Afro Aura
02-06-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
Tell me, what good games does PS2 have coming out? Huh? State of Emergency and thats it. And maybe that game wont get old very quickly.

Xbox has:

WWF RAW
UFC Tapout
Morrowind
Wreckless (just came out)
007 AUF (with added multiplayer features)
Brute Force

and many, many, MANY more awesome games.

hahaha have you've seen State of Emergency, it looks bloody lame, I've seen it on a program we have over here and it's d@mn nasty

MegamanX
02-06-2002, 10:53 PM

Remember kids Crack kills!

aronx
02-07-2002, 11:06 AM
I hope the XBox survives, its the only console I play right now. I just cant get excited about another WWF game or another racing game or another "phantasy adventure game". At this point I think developers are just applying the formula and feeding us this crap until we eventually become sick of it. I think I'll be the first to say I'm sick of it. This doesn't only apply to XBox but all the others as well. However, right now in gaming history, the PS2 has more games that appeal to me. So stick it in your azz and jack it off.

l Maximus l
02-07-2002, 11:19 AM
when i said dumb**** i was refering to thunder. i love the system, i just dont think that its living up to its potential. if u dont care what i think, good! i was just standing up for aronx. then someone started bashing me so i had to defend myself. Chill out.
DONT FEEL YOU NEED TO DEFEND XBOX, CUASE WE ARENT ATTACKING IT! least i aint. im just not pleased with the games out right now, and the games that are coming out i have no interest for. im sure halo 2 will be great! and i will love it. im sure there will be other games that will be great. but i would like them now, or at least know about them.

Dude, Brute Force is supposed to Rival, if not beat out Halo. Keep your eyes on that game...check out a couple movies on it at www.gamestop.com ... or, it might be www.gamespot.com ...either way, check both of those sites and find the movies...they are simply mouth watering! :)

sinizuh
02-07-2002, 11:26 AM
between now and Sept-Oct, there will not be any good games for PS2 and Gamecube. PS2 has already got their AAA games (gta3, mgs2, ffx), gamecube will get theirs this christmas (mario, zelda, metroid) and xbox has got most of this year to rock. but it needs good games to rock... most of them are from the japanese launch.

it's true. i've only bought 1 game since november (halo) and i'm bored with it now... i NEED another game...

this summer, i'm going to buy another console... either Gamecube or PS2... which ever one is cheaper (hmmm wonder which one will it be? ;))

l Maximus l
02-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
between now and Sept-Oct, there will not be any good games for PS2 and Gamecube. PS2 has already got their AAA games (gta3, mgs2, ffx), gamecube will get theirs this christmas (mario, zelda, metroid) and xbox has got most of this year to rock. but it needs good games to rock... most of them are from the japanese launch.

it's true. i've only bought 1 game since november (halo) and i'm bored with it now... i NEED another game...

this summer, i'm going to buy another console... either Gamecube or PS2... which ever one is cheaper (hmmm wonder which one will it be? ;))

Sinizuh...have you played Halo on-line? By the way, I strongly recommend getting Amped...it's just plain fun! :D

l Maximus l
02-07-2002, 11:48 AM
Hey, Addict...I located that movie for you...check this out:

(You will like this, I'm sure) :

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2819761,00.html

frog11983
02-07-2002, 01:38 PM

I am going to have to agree with sinizuh here. I got Halo when the xbox came out and I got Madden 2002 for christmas, both of which are great games. But I have played Halo to death (however i am excited to try it online), and Madden is pretty much like every football game. The xbox is the greatest console ever! But microsoft really needs to step it up and start releasing good games. I am sure that some of these games are okay, like azuruk,amped, or wreckless but i don't have a lot of money to throw around. My friend and I agreed that we have 50 bucks aside waiting for a good game to come out. We are just waiting for a good game to come out! I am sorry, I am just not into wrestling games, so please don't say "but WWF!" I am not going to buy it. What ever happened to GTA3?? Nobody knows what the hell is going on with that. Now, I realize that it is just the first few months of xbox's life, but I wish Microsoft would use their buying ability and get games in gear. I hope this dry spell doesn't last long.