PDA

View Full Version : I Got Wreckless!!!!!

BiohazardEHW
02-06-2002, 04:22 PM
Damm right, it was sold out at EB, so I picked it up at KB, and its a pretty cool game...

the turning on the cars could use a bit of work, the acceleration is a bit slow after you spin out (which sucks), time limits suck, and that mother*****er rival guy in the mission where i got to smash the stands (that disappear :( ) is a homo.

But if there's an unlimited time limit cheat that lets you roam free, this game will sure be one of my fav's. :)

GTG to work, BBL with a review type deal...

oscarc619
02-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm contemplating getting this game. Is this a rental or definite buy?

SciFi
02-06-2002, 04:40 PM
too bad there is no co op or moltiplayer...:(

l Maximus l
02-06-2002, 04:42 PM
I'm thinking of picking it up after work...The game just looks too cool...

But, I'm contemplating at the moment on just renting it first. One thing is for sure, though...I love racing games!

l Maximus l
02-06-2002, 05:35 PM
Hey, Biohazard...do you have Bloodwake? If so, or maybe you have rented it, how do you compare your excitement towards Bloodwake with your excitement level towards Wreckless?

I realize that they are two totally different games...I'm just curious to what your excitement level might be on both of these games.

I ask this because I was pretty pumped up about getting Bloodwake, and, I only find it to be an okay game.

Toonz
02-06-2002, 05:37 PM
Picked myself up a copy today as well and I am very happy. The graphics are A+ I love great lighting effects. Replay mode is **** sweet. Even if it ends up being short its gonna be a great game to show off to my friends so they can see what the Xbox can do.

WynnFire
02-06-2002, 06:49 PM
I played Wreckless at a store today shortly before I picked up Azurik. The game was awesome. I was bashing into everything I could. I was laughing most of the time I was playing. People were looking at me funny. I would have bought it except the only place I could find it was charging $52.99 Everywhere else it was sold out.

Anyway, it was fun and the graphics are just amazing. Plus the car doors falling off and the hood crumpling up was hilarious. Ok, I have a weird sense of humor. I am going to buy this the next time I find it in a store.

gula
02-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Hey, Biohazard...do you have Bloodwake? If so, or maybe you have rented it, how do you compare your excitement towards Bloodwake with your excitement level towards Wreckless?

I realize that they are two totally different games...I'm just curious to what your excitement level might be on both of these games.

I ask this because I was pretty pumped up about getting Bloodwake, and, I only find it to be an okay game.

Bloodwake to me seemed like a pretty dull game. Except for the multiplayer. The single player just...how can I put it...sucked. For great Single Player but no Multi (:( ) I would buy Wreckless.

Bloodwake vs. Wreckless

Winner: Wreckless

BiohazardEHW
02-06-2002, 07:36 PM
never played Blood Wake because i never got my *****ing March OXM issue with the demo on it :(

GokuX
02-06-2002, 08:02 PM
I rented Bloodwake and wanted to like it but after a couple hours of play I just got bored with it. I saw nothing really innovative in it. The highly detailed boat models were about all it had to offer. Here's my quick summary of Bloodwake in bold
Bloodwake's gameplay walked the plank and took a dive. Its graphics could only keep it afloat so long before it finally sank to the bottom of the big gameplay ocean where the crusted gameplay remains of such floppers as Kabuki warriors reside. . I haven't played Wreckless but I'm hoping it's better than Bloodwake.

BiohazardEHW
02-06-2002, 08:04 PM
Wreckless is a good game, just too *****ing hard

SciFi
02-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Just got my mag...
20min. and the game is no good...
I do like arctic thunder however:)

X-Factor
02-07-2002, 05:10 PM
Arctic Thunder is one of the worst games I've ever played.