PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the same problem as me?

MasterChief21
12-29-2004, 04:07 PM
ok my xbox is broken and i cant get a knew one. i have tried sending it in to microsft, but they wont take it cause it has to be in the original box and have the styrofoam in it. Come on people who keeps the styrofoam. The problem with my xbox is that when i put a disk in it says it cant read it. I troubleshooted everything, and everything they told me doesnt work so my last resort was to send it in which i havent yet. Does abyone have a problem with your xbox? or like mine?

Shadow20002
12-29-2004, 04:23 PM
What have you done on it? Have you modded it?

MasterChief21
12-29-2004, 04:28 PM
What have you done on it? Have you modded it?

I just bought my Xbox in August, and no i did not mod it.

erlyadolescense
12-29-2004, 05:06 PM
The problem is, your reader or the almighty 'eye' is broken. have you moved your X-Box around when you left a disc inside of it?

MasterChief21
12-29-2004, 05:50 PM
The problem is, your reader or the almighty 'eye' is broken. have you moved your X-Box around when you left a disc inside of it?

i have xbl and i didnt have a wireless adapter and mi comp was upstairs whe my xbox was in the basement. I would leave dics in it while bringing it upstairs. that probably damaged it. DAmn u halo 2.

Blank
12-29-2004, 05:53 PM
All I can say is go back behind EB Game's look inside the dumpster to find an xbox packaging. Ask a friend for some, they might have got one for X-Mas. Other than that I don't know. Hope I helped.

MasterChief21
12-29-2004, 05:56 PM
the mailing place said that i should call 18004myxbox and ask them to send me the foam stuff. And u know what else sucks that mailing company dosent take responsability if they make my xbox worse or brake it.

Casper
12-29-2004, 07:55 PM
the mailing place said that i should call 18004myxbox and ask them to send me the foam stuff. And u know what else sucks that mailing company dosent take responsability if they make my xbox worse or brake it.
Exactly, MS should be sending you a box with foam in it. If they say they don't, hang up on the moron and call back and DEMAND it. You have a warranty or receipt, right?

Reclaimer
12-30-2004, 12:01 AM
nd u know what else sucks that mailing company dosent take responsability if they make my xbox worse or brake it.

Yeah but you can insure the package for a few dollars. The xbox isn't worth more than 200 bucks so you can buy the transit insurance for less then 5 bucks.
I've mailed two xboxes to two different staff members here and bought the insurance.
A reputable place and reputable carrier will most likely not break your package in route.
They code the box in the scan label to indicate it's electronics and should be handled carefully.
But as for the foam inserts? Asking a game store or a place that sells Xboxes is a good idea. Including the stores that sells refurbished Xboxes.
If that doesn't turn up anything, I'd deffinately be calling MS every hour demanding something. Their tech support is like any tech support. Keep calling until you get someone on the line that can hook you up the way you need it.
I do it all the time. Hell, I demanded T-mobile to replace my shoddy free cell phone and I kept getting denied until the 8th call to them and this lady initiated a phone swap with me and I got a phone that was may more expensive then what the cell phone I had was worth. (A Samsung cheap phone for a Motorola T720i.)

Good luck.

CRAYMAN
12-30-2004, 11:28 AM
ok my xbox is broken and i cant get a knew one. i have tried sending it in to microsft, but they wont take it cause it has to be in the original box and have the styrofoam in it. Come on people who keeps the styrofoam. The problem with my xbox is that when i put a disk in it says it cant read it. I troubleshooted everything, and everything they told me doesnt work so my last resort was to send it in which i havent yet. Does abyone have a problem with your xbox? or like mine?

Mine broke after about a year of usage, so I just sold the broken one for $50 and bought a refubished one for $99. (It was only $49 to solve the problem.)

m4oH
12-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Mine broke after about a year of usage, so I just sold the broken one for $50 and bought a refubished one for $99. (It was only $49 to solve the problem.)
Same thing happened to me. So if you leave a game in it and move it, the game can damage teh box??? Cause I do that 3-5 times a week :eek: :cry:

MasterChief21
12-30-2004, 12:25 PM
yeah well hopefully Xbox 2 will not have as many flaws.

Czm21x
12-30-2004, 05:47 PM
If you are a tech and have opened your computer and replaced some parts in it, you might try this link for repairing your xbox.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/repairs.htm

Dj Logical 1
12-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Yeah same thing happened to me but it wasnt because i moved, it alot of left a disc in it while i moved it. What had happened was that i was playing a game, i took it out, and then when i put it back in the reader wasnt reading it so what i did was try to take it out, and it was jammed, so what i had to do was open the whole thing up manually, and take it out, after that incident it never worked, so i just got a new one. :hump:

munchtards585
01-01-2005, 02:50 PM
i think i still have my box and foamsomewhere in my closet

Fischköpfe
01-02-2005, 12:49 PM
I have never moved my Xbox with a CD in it but it does the same thing: "cannot recognize this disk" error. I have to pop the disk out and back in before the console will read the disk. I have had four Xboxes and each one of them have had this problem either right out of the packaging or a little while after use.

ll Mista GT ll
01-02-2005, 01:04 PM
I have never moved my Xbox with a CD in it but it does the same thing: "cannot recognize this disk" error. I have to pop the disk out and back in before the console will read the disk. I have had four Xboxes and each one of them have had this problem either right out of the packaging or a little while after use.

My answer to all this crap going on is to...
use teh Xbox as a display in your Family Room! :p

Naw, i always move my xBox around with the CD and Im fine...for now. I guess ill stop. :D

werzjonny
01-03-2005, 07:18 PM
You probably have a Thompson CD/DVD drive. They are the WORST! I currently have the same problem as you so I cant offer you a solution. I have read on other sites that you can take it to a storte and get a new one installed. The best one is the Samsung.

Good Luck man

Whisper
01-05-2005, 10:30 PM
dude they send you a box with foam and pay for shipping and everything (atleast they did for me)

TGTBT
01-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Just take it apart and clean it if the buggers won't take ur xbox because that's waht I did. E-mail me and i'll give u a site that gives u instructions to take it apart. My e-mail is tgtbt09@hotmail.com