PDA

View Full Version : Do you think

fear_this
02-06-2002, 07:03 PM
that sometime in the future that Bill Gates will be making a X-box 2. That would be really great if he would but i`m thinking instead of just having 4 controller that there would be 6 or something. I dunno its just an idea.:D

Hugh_Jass
02-06-2002, 07:30 PM
I think there will definitely be another entertainment device from MS. I don't know if it will be called XBOX2 or if it will be rolled into their Freestyle initiative. The XBOX has been wildly successful so far and it's only going to get better. If there is one thing MS knows it's how to recognize a cash cow and milk it for all it's worth.

TRUE_GAMER
02-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I think there will definitely be another entertainment device from MS. I don't know if it will be called XBOX2 or if it will be rolled into their Freestyle initiative. The XBOX has been wildly successful so far and it's only going to get better. If there is one thing MS knows it's how to recognize a cash cow and milk it for all it's worth.

I should buy stock in MS so every time I buy a game, it not only gets me a game but the stock may go up.

Variation-XBA
02-07-2002, 01:02 AM
IT will be called Xbox98, or XboxXp :)

Variation-XBA
02-07-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by fear_this
instead of just having 4 controller that there would be 6 or something.

How good is a TV going to look split in 6....I already hate is split in 4 :P

darianX
02-07-2002, 09:06 AM
I just hope that they don't try to make it an All in One box...game machine, web browser, tivo, etc etc. It is possible that they could keep them separate. They don't want to **** off the millions of gamers who bought the original Xbox for the games :)

Huckleberry
02-07-2002, 10:41 AM
the tv split screen is why you'll not see more than 4 ports on a gaming system. it's possible that they would come out with a multiport attachment so something like 8 people could play nfl2k2 or fever, but that's unlikely...how many people even like to play 4 on those?

that said, my friends and i spend a lot of time with halo maxed out on systems and controllers. every monday night anywhere from 10 to 20 people descend on my house for full on 16 CTF matches. 4 tvs, 4 systems, and however many people we can find spots for. heck, i had even bought my three additional controllers for my system before i had it.

l Maximus l
02-07-2002, 10:57 AM
The beauty with the XBox is that you can utilize the System Link, as Huckleberry mentioned. It's awesome to be able to get multiple TVs going! But, it's difficult to organize 16 players, I would imagine! I just wish that there were more games that utilized the System Link option and give the ability to completely eliminate split screen gaming. I mean, it's good to have it as an option, but, because the XBox can utilize the System Link, I think it would be great if they added this to any game that has multi-player capabilities on the XBox. Take Bloodwake for example... There is no System Link option...and this game split four ways hugs nutz!

Going on-line through Gamespy is awesome for Halo, too! So, that's another good way to get multiple people going :)

TRUE_GAMER
02-08-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Tk421

I really don't see why everyone gets so worked up over controller ports. I've been gaming for years and I've never used more than two. But anyways back to the topic. If the Xbox succeeds and makes money, there will be another. It all comes down to cash.

I have never used more then two..lol H3ll I have all these games and only one Controller...lol..lol..

Ninja Scroll
02-08-2002, 11:15 AM
Xbox2?!
This wont happen for atleast another 4-5 years.
Depending on where Microsoft stands in the console wars and how Sony will handle it's PoS3.
As far as 6 ports? That will never happen, though it may sound good, it will only make the company create an even bigger system and we all know da Xbox is pretty d@mn huge as it is! .....
But I still love that fat ass beeootch in my entertainment center, she is sooo sexy with that green belly button and black X across her big ass gut!... She will be my Mrs. Ninja!:D