PDA

View Full Version : Fight the power! Ubisoft speaks out aginst the evil empire!

GuiltySpark
12-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Gamespot is reporting that Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has spoken out against EA's "hostile action". From the article: "Considering the industry practice of communicating informally about such decisions, we were disappointed, to say the very least, that EA chose not to inform us of their specific plans beforehand." Further, Voodoo Extreme is reporting that a financial report may suggest the French government is going to assist Ubisoft in staying out from under EA's thumb.

Pulled from slashdot

EA needs to die. They are becoming the M$ of the gaming world....

JJXB
12-30-2004, 01:06 PM
hey! don't compare ea to ms. ms have done some decent stuff (like bring out th xbox), what have ea done? ruined decent developers and stopped competition slowly. in no way does microsoft deserve to be compared to ea.

heartsfan
12-30-2004, 04:35 PM
I agree that EA needs to be stopped.

I noticed that lately about 80% of the games I've bought recently have been EA or EA Sports titles...and all sequels. My fault for buying them (great games they are) but at this rate they'll be the only ones left in their field, ala WWE in wrestling!

Variation-XBA
12-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Competition usually ends up being a benefit in the end, but with EA buying everything, won't be much competition and they can amke things how they want and price them as much as they want as well.

Ford Mustang
12-30-2004, 09:24 PM
EA sucks. If the French govy helps Ubisoft, it'd be the first good thing they've done in a while. :p

I don't think they should be compared to MS because Microsoft owns....EA just puts out garbage ass games and maybe 1/14 are actually good. Greedy asses.

Whisper
12-30-2004, 09:39 PM
yep...

Duke
12-31-2004, 10:28 AM
Pulled from slashdot

EA needs to die. They are becoming the M$ of the gaming world....

So then MS should die too right? Throw your xbox away.

thrAsher
12-31-2004, 10:47 AM
I do not own a single EA game, but I have almost everything that Ubisoft has put out on the Xbox. EA was cool waaay back in the day (Starflight, anyone?), but they are like any big company now, out to rule the world.

So, guys, do yourselves a favor and 'Just Say F@CK EA!' I refuse to support them in any way, shape, or manner. Their a bunch of Evil A**holes.

heartsfan
12-31-2004, 11:39 AM
bunch of Evil A**holes.

Nice! :D

thrAsher
12-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Nice! :D

;)

Me = clever, eh? :whistle:

Oh, and yeah, EA blows goat chode!

Cryogenic Pyro
12-31-2004, 12:50 PM
So then MS should die too right? Throw your xbox away.
I agree. I hate when people are hypocritical, especially about MS. There's nothing wrong with MS.

MS brings a kick ass operating system to the world, along with the Xbox.
EA brings an amazing lineup of crappy quality titles.

GuiltySpark
12-31-2004, 02:04 PM
I agree. I hate when people are hypocritical, especially about MS. There's nothing wrong with MS.

MS brings a kick ass operating system to the world, along with the Xbox.
EA brings an amazing lineup of crappy quality titles.

Kick ass OS? uh no...

I have to routinely wipe my HDD every month becuase the damn OS gets so fragmented and bogs down all of my programs. Anyway, I do not deny that M$ has done good things, but my point in comparing was that they have so much power over the OS market the can make a sh*tty OS and it will still sell; just as EA makes crappy games and they still sell.

Anyways, peace out...

TheCovenant
12-31-2004, 04:01 PM
uhm, if the os is so sh*tty, then why the hell are you using it? i guess yoru not familiar with coding, the more popular it gets, the harder it is to please everyone. XP is a very, very big program that can do soo many things,and gets involved with eery other program that is made to run off of it. Poieple are so hyporcritical.

"I hate microsoft, and i hate windows, and i hate big corporations!"
*types away furiously with nike cap on XP*

anyways, EA is seriously pissing me off. The countless licensed ames that come out are trash. The James bond series has been rammed into the ground, repeatedly. battlefield 1942 is all they got, and they only publish that. the developers are the true artists there.

mrmp3
12-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Kinda hard to run another OS when it comes pre-installed. I won't say windows is total garbage. XP i'm actually very content with. ME-95 were absolute trash. Blue Screen of Death was an everyday thing and defintely was the reason for turning me off to PC games. And the reason soooo many people use it is everything is compatible with Windows only. Yes I've heard of people getting the Windows Kernel loaded into Linux, but I'm not a computer genious. If you look at almost all Computer games, it's mandatory to have a Windows computer. It's not built to work with OS X or Linux based computers. And as a result, Microsoft became lazy and created some piss-poor, unreliable OS's. For every one Mac user who complains of his computer crashing, theirs probably 50,000+ more windows users complaining of the same thing. And yes I know you can get rid of your OS and put another one on, but I'm not a complete computer guru, I don't know how to do that, nor does anyone I know. I'm not gonna bring it in to a shop so they can charge my ass $80+.

Back to the topic, I see EA trying uber hard for 2 years and then going back to their ways of old and releasing mediocre re-runs year after year. Let's just hope the NFL doesn't sell EA 5 more years of exclusiveness.

P.S. That's what UBI is pissed off about right? Or was there somethin else I missed?

Dyslexic Chaos
01-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Uh, no, Ubi is pissed that EA bought 20% of their stock without asking them...

mattgame
01-01-2005, 10:17 PM
EA must be squashed out! I hope they don't succeed in nothing they try to do.

munchtards585
01-01-2005, 10:21 PM
and whats worse is they make all their games in china and south america where they profit off cheap child labor