PDA

View Full Version : The moment has come!!

SeTH
02-06-2002, 08:02 PM
:cool: My fellow gamers of XBOXaddict.com, I am proud to announce that on Monday 2-11-2002 I will turn 17! That means I can get into rated R movies (only the cool ones like Black Hawk Down) and I can buy Mature rated games!!! Before I had to buy my games at Electronics Boutique because they are the only ones who don't card me for games. But I had to pay 5 or 6 extra bones to get the game! But now I can Save 5 or 6 bones and just go to Toys r us or Walmart and just slap my Id down and pay! Some of you may be like wow big deal I am 30 million years old why should I care? Well I'll tell you reaching the age of 17 is for gamers as what reaching the age of 16 and getting your drivers license is for the non gamers! So lets celebrate and I will try to be here on my birthday to talk. Hope to see everyone here!!! If you have a story about when you turned 17 post it!!
(Bones mean $$$):D

SeTH
02-06-2002, 08:11 PM
http://esrb.com/images/icon_m.gif
http://cache.corbis.com/Agent/11/39/93/11399370.jpg

monkeyman
02-06-2002, 08:14 PM
haha you couldnt get m rated games thats funny nice it made my day even more greater like:D

BiohazardEHW
02-06-2002, 08:18 PM
haha, that sucks. I'm 17 and they dont even ask for ID, but i'm at EB as much as my own home i guess...so i think they know who i am by now :)

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 08:21 PM
you could of bought the game online lol

monkeyman
02-06-2002, 08:23 PM
i dont got an eb around me so i dont know what its like but i got myself a best buy!!!!! woo hoo best buy is so beautiful:D

fear_this
02-06-2002, 08:26 PM
Or if you have a cool mom, you could get her to buy it! :)

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 08:29 PM
hey fear_this, what is that thing in your siggy?

SeTH
02-06-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
haha, that sucks. I'm 17 and they dont even ask for ID, but i'm at EB as much as my own home i guess...so i think they know who i am by now :)
Same for me they never asked for ID at EB because they know me by name so they see me often, I could buy Mature games but back to what I originally said at EB they charge 5-6 extra bones compared to toys r us or wal-mart so if I really wanted the game I would just have to lay the 5-6 extra bones down for it at eb because anywhere else they really crack down on ID.

fanofslipknotib
02-07-2002, 12:30 AM
What the hell? I am under 17 and bought Halo without a problem.

aronx
02-07-2002, 11:39 AM
17 = Mature, ha

l Maximus l
02-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Man...it seems I have forgotten about those days...I'm 26 now, and back then, carding seemed to never happen. I don't even get carded for beer! Well, probably because I'm at the store buying some so often :D

Ninja Scroll
02-07-2002, 12:49 PM
You need to be 17 to buy M-Rated games?!:eek: Dude, where do you live? In a Hill Billy Redneck Hick Town?:D

j/k, well in da VA,MD,DC area I know alot of rug rats that buy M-Rated joints and have no problem.
It was probably just the sales people that gave you a hard time:(
But dont sweat it now, your 17! Waaahooooo!:)

DZNUTZ
02-07-2002, 01:19 PM
lol..i've been buying beer since i was 15...now i'm an old 23 year old fogie.....gotta go..i don't have much time left

Snoopy7548
02-07-2002, 07:03 PM
i turned 16 in october, i have no problem buying mature games or movies, i bought halo without a problem. i also bought some r rated movies in my mall without a problem.

Xtopia
02-07-2002, 09:58 PM
Man I just turned 14 two weeks ago! I've got a LONG time before im 17!:mad: :mad:

SeTH
02-08-2002, 06:02 PM
well it seems some of you have a easy time buying M rated games. I guess where I live they are so picky about M rated games cause they are afraid we will become gangsters and cap everybody after playing not to add the binging of Jack Daniels (neither apply to me but maybe the JD part goes to MAXIMUS!!!)
Oh well though when MONDAY comes I can just slap my drivers license down and say BOOM-SUCK'A!! Oops it seems those M rated games are getting to me already!!! (Yeah right):D

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by SeTH
well it seems some of you have a easy time buying M rated games. I guess where I live they are so picky about M rated games cause they are afraid we will become gangsters and cap everybody after playing not to add the binging of Jack Daniels (neither apply to me but maybe the JD part goes to MAXIMUS!!!)
Oh well though when MONDAY comes I can just slap my drivers license down and say BOOM-SUCK'A!! Oops it seems those M rated games are getting to me already!!! (Yeah right):D

hehe...all I can say is congrats, dude! I see that you are excited, and rightly so, especially since they are so picky in your part of town! So, congrats and go and buy yourself some REALLY bad ass games...Mature style :D

SeTH
02-09-2002, 09:52 PM
thanks guys I am really excited about turning 17!! I hope the guys at XBOXaddict.com dont get mind me having my birthday party here on monday for a while!

I expect EVERYONE to be here on monday about 4 p.m. my time!!!!