PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorrow Ruined

J4320
01-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Sorry if this is old news... Anyway, I finally get off of Halo 2 to play some SP:PT and it made me do an update. I got on and it's so retarted now. When you jump on the mercs head you "explode" and you can't do anymore of those cool glitches.

JJaX
01-02-2005, 11:48 PM
You cant jump on Mercs heads anymore?

Thats a huge part of the game though. :huh:

The Jackal
01-03-2005, 12:04 AM
you can to jump on there heads... i put this game in and played my brother online to test the updates... you can jump on the mercs heads just when the merc gets up he flashes as if hes been shot by your gun... so hes invulnerable for a short while... the game isnt ruined

SPARTAN VI
01-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Ok, so they fixed absolutely no glitches?

Variation-XBA
01-03-2005, 02:54 AM
Those "cool" glitches were people like you cheating and I'm glad they are gone :P

wbio
01-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Ok, so they fixed absolutely no glitches?
Sounds like all they did was stop people from double-jumpng :confused:

J4320
01-03-2005, 03:29 PM
I used to do those glitches for fun and messing around. They take too long to do in ranked. And that jumping on mercs head thing does suck. I was in warehouse and I jumped down on to one mercs head and knocked him out then I jumped down to the lower level of the warehouse and landed on the other mercs head and "exploded". It pissed me off so bad because thats like a double K.O. and my friend could hide and take one merc while I take the other. But thanks to the update we couldn't. If you jump to soon on a merc's head from the last jump on a different mercs head, your screwed. And I don't cheat. I used to do that pole glitch to get outside of the level and get into the mercs spawn in the warehouse and get in the ceiling. The game had a whole other side to it when you could glitch. And like I said before, it takes too long to glitch while your in ranked. And I never cheated in ranked.

m4oH
01-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Alright the thing is after the new update this is what now officially sucks. I got up to #4 in the world. So I am all happy and stuff and during a game a guy leaves and I get a penalty for it. I was like WTF, but I kept playing. It is know happening that everytime some one leaves a ranked game Im playing in, I get a penalty for that. WTF!!!! This is making me soooo frickin mad. BTW, the game isnt ruined it just takes more strategy such as smoking the merc out again right after you jumped on him. I like the update overall except the new stats glitch. Oh yeah, they fixed the Krauser Lab 2 second win glitch, the Federal Bank stat glitch, the transport glitch, and respawn glitching. I would like to know if any knows why I am suffering points b/c of other people leaving

J4320
01-03-2005, 03:53 PM
I talked to a guy and he said that was in the update too. If one person leaves, everyone get's penalized.

m4oH
01-03-2005, 03:57 PM
I talked to a guy and he said that was in the update too. If one person leaves, everyone get's penalized.
Does that make any sense though??? I mean now if I dont care about my stats Ill leave just to make other people mad.?? It makes no sense :bang:

J4320
01-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Does that make any sense though??? I mean now if I dont care about my stats Ill leave just to make other people mad.?? It makes no sense :bang:

I know it sucks. It's the only alternative they could think of because cheaters were putting their modems on standby. I don't think they even care too much even more at all either. They slopped in a really dumb alternative for double jumping, they take off glitches(that's a no brainer, but it sucks), they make up all these gay rules for ranking mode, and do a bunch of other things. I guess it's not completely ruined, but it's a lot worse now. I'd rather have it the old way regardless of cheaters. I really didn't mind if I was double jumped by a spy when I was a merc because it was my fault in the first place to get knocked out. Double jumping is way more realistic then "blowing up" after you jump on his head when he get's up.

m4oH
01-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I know it sucks. It's the only alternative they could think of because cheaters were putting their modems on standby. I don't think they even care too much even more at all either. They slopped in a really dumb alternative for double jumping, they take off glitches(that's a no brainer, but it sucks), they make up all these gay rules for ranking mode, and do a bunch of other things. I guess it's not completely ruined, but it's a lot worse now. I'd rather have it the old way regardless of cheaters. I really didn't mind if I was double jumped by a spy when I was a merc because it was my fault in the first place to get knocked out. Double jumping is way more realistic then "blowing up" after you jump on his head when he get's up.
How would giving a penalty to everyone in the game, be a more harsh penalty to stand by users???? MAKES NO SENSE.
BTW-- Ya, I like the game the old way but I think it is nice having to smoke out a merc now instead of just soooo easily killin him :confused:

SPARTAN VI
01-03-2005, 05:15 PM
How about you don't play ranked games? All ranked games do is ruin XboxLive, it brings out the worst in people.

m4oH
01-03-2005, 05:17 PM
How about you don't play ranked games? All ranked games do is ruin XboxLive, it brings out the worst in people.
Come on I thought you knew, Im a stat whore :D and not afraid to say so :p

J4320
01-03-2005, 05:52 PM
How would giving a penalty to everyone in the game, be a more harsh penalty to stand by users???? MAKES NO SENSE.
BTW-- Ya, I like the game the old way but I think it is nice having to smoke out a merc now instead of just soooo easily killin him :confused:

That is true. :)

Whisper
01-05-2005, 10:36 PM
stats are a way of life.